• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Kaleb Cowart

Dtwncbad

Frankly I think you are taking it too far to the extreme the other way. He still has value as a defensive replacement. Now does he belong on this Angels team right now? No I don't think he does because we have better options in the pipe. I could still see Kaleb as a throw-in piece to another team in a larger trade to give him a change of scenery with a rebuilding club like the Orioles, Tigers, or Reds for example. He has team control left and in the most likely case he is a backup infielder. Worst case is he continues on this current arc he's on and washes out of baseball soon.

Beyond that statement though I agree that we need to move on from him soon. Barring a resurgence, 2019 should be the last year he occupies a 40-man roster spot.

1 hour ago, Dtwncbad said:

What exactly does this guy have to do to get released?

I am actually irritated that he is taking up a roster spot in the last month of a lost season over somebody else who could get 30 at bats in the majors like another Sherman Johnson.

Enough.  Show this guy the door already.

Who replaces Cowart?

That is where the Angels are with their depth.  At this time, he is the best option.

I am actually irritated that he is taking up a roster spot in the last month of a lost season over somebody else who could get 30 at bats in the majors like another Sherman Johnson.

"Bitches have to bitch"

Maybe just wait until seasons over.  Sherman sucks as well so no need to rant.

1 hour ago, ettin said:

He has team control left and in the most likely case he is a backup infielder. Worst case is he continues on this current arc he's on and washes out of baseball soon.

I don't think the team protects him from the rule 5 draft next season as he is out of options. He will be released as will Marte at the very least.

1 hour ago, stormngt said:

"Bitches have to bitch"

Maybe just wait until seasons over.  Sherman sucks as well so no need to rant.

Sherman has no future in the majors as a player.  His promotion is a reward for his long term hard work and dedication.  I like that teams do this for players and my point was I would rather also do that for another player so they get a cup of coffee than waste at bats on a player that has shown me nothing.

3 hours ago, Dtwncbad said:

I dont see why it bothers you so much. Cowart has potential to be a pretty good player, more so than johnson. He's being trialed and obviously not doing too well, but maybe they are trying to see if he can handle being used as a utility guy next year or backup 3b/2b/OF?/1b? if anyone gets injured.

27 minutes ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

I don't think the team protects him from the rule 5 draft next season as he is out of options. He will be released as will Marte at the very least.

He is already on the 40-man roster so he is not Rule 5 eligible. But I will not be surprised if they move on from him all that I am saying is that there are some teams out there that would be willing to bring him on as a defensive backup infielder and there may even be a team or two willing to throw him in at 3B to see if it finally all clicks for him. Heck there may even be a team or two willing to throw him in the bullpen for all I know. He still has one year of pre-arbitration control in 2019 so he is league minimum.

6 minutes ago, JarsOfClay said:

I dont see why it bothers you so much. Cowart has potential to be a pretty good player, more so than johnson. He's being trialed and obviously not doing too well, but maybe they are trying to see if he can handle being used as a utility guy next year or backup 3b/2b/OF?/1b? if anyone gets injured.

You are joking right?  He will be 27 next year.  He has a lifetime batting average of .178 over parts of 4 major league seasons with ZERO improvement offensively in the majors over those 4 years.

At his age with parts of four seasons under his belt and him hitting this poorly. .  . .It is almost embassassing to say he has the potential to be a pretty good player.

5 minutes ago, ettin said:

He is already on the 40-man roster so he is not Rule 5 eligible. But I will not be surprised if they move on from him all that I am saying is that there are some teams out there that would be willing to bring him on as a defensive backup infielder and there may even be a team or two willing to throw him in at 3B to see if it finally all clicks for him. Heck there may even be a team or two willing to throw him in the bullpen for all I know. He still has one year of pre-arbitration control in 2019 so he is league minimum.

He won't be on the 40 man by the time spring training starts. He will be in the same situation as Marte was this year, either keep him on the 25 man roster or  release him.

On July 11, 2016 at 4:55 PM, Lou said:

Someone help me out here. Why the excitement over Cowart? He's average at best in AAA, even with the benefit of playing in SLC. He's also as old as anyone in the league.

As it stands right now, Grant Green has slightly better numbers than Cowart 

On September 27, 2016 at 9:18 PM, Lou said:

Cowart has an ops of .481 

Cowart sucked ass last year and the Angels ran him out there again this year...

and he sucked even morI really don't give a damn about Cowart. he has sucked major league ass and that's a fact. 

On September 28, 2016 at 12:07 AM, Lou said:

Fin 

On July 23, 2017 at 10:48 AM, Lou said:

Cowart's career MLB ops = .509

Espinosa's 2007 ops = .513

On August 17, 2017 at 9:26 AM, Lou said:

Cowart is 1 for his last 23. In August, he's batting .152 with an OPS of .495  

Seems as if we're finding out that Cowart is who we thought he was. 

On September 17, 2017 at 7:08 PM, Lou said:

Didn't we see enough of Cowart? In his last 68 PAs he is batting .117 with an ops of .442

On September 17, 2017 at 7:42 PM, Lou said:

Cowart at home this season:

.176/.236/.333/.570

Hopefully he won't be here next season 

On September 17, 2017 at 9:36 PM, Lou said:

I say have him go back to pitching.

On June 6, 2018 at 4:45 PM, Lou said:

Last Chance Cowart better produce 

On August 3, 2018 at 5:27 PM, Lou said:

Cowart. Not the answer. 

On August 12, 2018 at 9:12 PM, Lou said:

Cowart blows.

i agree

1 hour ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

He won't be on the 40 man by the time spring training starts. He will be in the same situation as Marte was this year, either keep him on the 25 man roster or  release him.

Rule V draft is in early December. The Angels could certainly DFA him by then. I am not violently disagreeing with you Ace, FYI.

You are joking right?  He will be 27 next year.  He has a lifetime batting average of .178 over parts of 4 major league seasons with ZERO improvement offensively in the majors over those 4 years.

At his age with parts of four seasons under his belt and him hitting this poorly. .  . .It is almost embassassing to say he has the potential to be a pretty good player.

It's just my opinion but I think he has potential if given the right environment. He needs a Chili Davis to work with him on hitting, he needs a team that will instill confidence in him and give him everyday playing time. 

Yes he's failed thus far, but I dont feel like he's been given a real chance.

19 minutes ago, JarsOfClay said:

It's just my opinion but I think he has potential if given the right environment. He needs a Chili Davis to work with him on hitting, he needs a team that will instill confidence in him and give him everyday playing time. 

I used to feel that way but not anymore...

1 hour ago, DMVol said:

Hot take there Louie.....nobody else had it right....

Ha. I've been arguing that Cowart sucks from the onset. Many others, including you, kept clamoring about small sample sizes for a few years.

He sucks. He has always sucked. If we keep running him out there, he will continue to suck. 

20 hours ago, Lou said:

i agree

I was a big Cowart fan when the option was him or Escobar because watching Escobar try to play third base was awful.  Unfortunately Cowart hasn’t shown the ability to hit so I am guessing we are seeing his final days as an Angel.  If it isn’t his final days it is because we found a taker for Cozart in the off season and Cowart is our utility guy to back up 2nd, 3rd, 1st and LF.  As the last guy on the bench he has some value at league minimum.  

20 hours ago, JarsOfClay said:

Are you talking about Brandon Wood?