• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Prescription for this team's ailments

Start with a different manager who is willing to kick some butt. No more turning pages or tipping caps. That's garbage. That kind of talk is for losers.

Let the overpriced and much too comfortable players know who's running the show and exactly what's expected of them. Maximum accountability. If they don't produce, they get benched or sent down. Simple as that. Bring up some kids in their place who want to play baseball. Who cares how much the veterans are making? Bench them! Or if possible, trade them.

This brand of baseball that we're seeing is pathetic and totally unacceptable. Radical changes are needed at this point.

I agree with most of this but the "superstars" I don't believe can be sent down so bench them.

You can still slot unproductive players like Hamilton in the 9-hole and pinch hit for them during late innings, instead of parking them in the middle of the order to kill rallies.

I'm pretty sure benching guys for whatever crap we have in Salt Lake isn't going to solve anything.

It would put some fear into these sleep-walking players. This crap is unacceptable.

The whole team is just going through the motions. Then we hear about tipping caps and turning pages as we sink into the abyss.

You can still slot unproductive players like Hamilton in the 9-hole and pinch hit for them during late innings, instead of parking them in the middle of the order to kill rallies.

Very true but it will never happen with Hamilton.

I'm sure yelling at someone who makes $25M per year is going to have an impact, LOL.  Sitting that kind of player will not get the response you want.  I would keep playing him, let him suffer with the rest of his team mates.  Let the fans, and his fellow players take it out on him.  The more he under performs the more foolish he looks.

I'm sure yelling at someone who makes $25M per year is going to have an impact, LOL.  Sitting that kind of player will not get the response you want.  I would keep playing him, let him suffer with the rest of his team mates.  Let the fans, and his fellow players take it out on him.  The more he under performs the more foolish he looks.

tumblr_mlxfl7F91e1sngpt4o1_500.gif

That is why a manager can make all the difference in the world.

Everyone says Phil Jackson only won because he had the best.  He had superstars, that is correct.

But he knew how to motivate them and get them focused when they would lose it because he simply knew how to push the right buttons, even if he was not always warm and fuzzy with a given star.

He knew how to challenge them and basically play with pride.

They got their money.  Scioscia simply can't connect with them anymore to keep the focus there.   Once can easily question if he was ever the one that knew how.

Trade Trout/Trumbo/Weaver for prospects. Same with Kendrick/Aybar/Bourjos. Give away Pujols/Hamilton/Wilson for whatever salary relief you can get Vernon Wells style.  Set the record for the most epic firesale of all time.

If you're going to do a full nuke and pave approach, better to bundle Trout with one of the Albatross contracts, similar to what the Sox did in their trade to the Dodgers. You woudln't get back prospects that way, and might have to still eat some money but if you're starting from scracth better to do it with as little debt as possible. It will increase the sale value of the franchise.

Fans will be gone for years anyway until the team starts to get good a few years down the line anyway like what's going on in Miami so delaying the rebuilding a bit doesn't really change much.

Even Langston brought the pride issue up last night. He almost let it slip that the season was over but he made the comment that this team needs to win now for their own pride. I honestly think that several members of that 25 man roster don't care if they win or lose. If they did they would have more wins than 15

Start with a different manager who is willing to kick some butt. No more turning pages or tipping caps. That's garbage. That kind of talk is for losers.

Let the overpriced and much too comfortable players know who's running the show and exactly what's expected of them. Maximum accountability. If they don't produce, they get benched or sent down. Simple as that. Bring up some kids in their place who want to play baseball. Who cares how much the veterans are making? Bench them! Or if possible, trade them.

This brand of baseball that we're seeing is pathetic and totally unacceptable. Radical changes are needed at this point.

Bottom line is we need a complete overhaul of the entire coaching staff.