• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Spending this off-season

Stradling

3 minutes ago, WeatherWonk said:

Well, that's fine. I have transitioned into more of an overall baseball fan, who chooses to hang here because I still have a traditional allegiance with the Angels. And there are some good posters, including yourself. You can be rational,

But dont demand that I be emotionally tied to the Angels, too. I cant do it, with the way Arte has performed. It's not rational.

It is about as rational as spending as much time on here while talking shit on the team.  Here you go: https://www.athleticsnation.com/

11 minutes ago, Lou said:

you should go to one of their fan sites and post. why even spend so much time here? don't you have better things to do with your time? (serious question)

Dont you have better things to do that to disparage people for their sexual orientation, their gender and their mental capacity on a baseball site? 

That's your schtick, clearly. It has no place here, yet you continually use it. 

By comparison, I feel no guilt at analyzing and criticizing what the Angels do on an Angels site. 

So, no, I don't have better things to do with my time than discuss baseball on a baseball site.

What's your excuse for your behavior?

• 2 weeks later...
On September 19, 2018 at 4:23 PM, WeatherWonk said:

You know, in looking at Oakland, they've had hitters mature and all, and the acquisition of Piscotty has been huge, but there is this one constant with Beane. He finds low-cost pitching, either through trades or from within. Things didnt work out the three previous seasons, but before that, the A's have been consistently in the top half in ERA in the AL, since 1999. Often in the top three. I believe he took over running the A's in 1998. 

Then, this year the staff blows up..........and he goes out and fixes it. He deserves credit, IF he has been instrumental in this.

he should have acquired at least one starting pitcher that could pitch in a winner-take-all wild card game. 

6 hours ago, Lou said:

he should have acquired at least one starting pitcher that could pitch in a winner-take-all wild card game. 

It DID look like it, last night. 

How I loathe the A's being the vehicle that gives us another Yankee-Red Sox playoff series.

Of course, I will be watching with rapt interest................it IS good baseball, usually. 

The real downside is that one of those teams has to advance.....................I always root for NY in this case.

I will be in Boston during the WS. Staying right off Copley Square. If the Sox make it, I might be the only guy in town rooting against them.

MIght be as dangerous as seeing games in Oakland...............