• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Justin Upton appreciation thread

tdawg87

11 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

30 HR, leads the team in RBI's, .824 OPS, on pace for a 3.5 WAR season. 

It's nice to have a guy come here and not immediately suck grundle. Upton is right on track with his career numbers and is showing no signs of slowing down anytime soon. 

Having him with Trout and Ohtani makes for an exciting middle of the order going forward.

If you say anything about streakiness or JD Martinez in this thread you are gay.

JD Martinez is a gay streaker. 

He's pretty much the definition of a borderline star, in my opinion. Most years he's in the 3-4 WAR range, which is a "good player," and occasionally he'll have an All-Star caliber 5+ WAR season, but also occasionally a more average 2-3 WAR season.

Since becoming a full-time player in 2008, he's 15th in total WAR at 37.8, which is an average of 3.4 per season. So that's pretty good. 

He's basically about as good as Torii Hunter was, who was also a definitive borderline star.

2 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

30 HR, leads the team in RBI's, .824 OPS, on pace for a 3.5 WAR season. 

It's nice to have a guy come here and not immediately suck grundle. Upton is right on track with his career numbers and is showing no signs of slowing down anytime soon. 

Having him with Trout and Ohtani makes for an exciting middle of the order going forward.

If you say anything about streakiness or JD Martinez in this thread you are gay.

But ... But... But he doesn't pitch well.

5 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

I would absolutely take this type of season from him over the entire contract.  He was actually pretty unlucky with runners on and ISP.  He's perfect for the #5/6 spot in a really good lineup.  

While Id love to add another MOTO bat, I think an elite leadoff guy would fit our needs a whole lot more.

Upton hitting 4/5 depending on where you want ohtani is pretty good if we had some stud leadoff guy.

3 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

.....as much as youd like to applaud this, its hard not to shake your head in depression about it.

I look at it this way.  It’s not easy at all to find this kind of player.  A guy like a Justin Upton is somehow apparently, really under appreciated.  Angel fans do the same thing with Garrett Anderson.  

1 minute ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

While Id love to add another MOTO bat, I think an elite leadoff guy would fit our needs a whole lot more.

Upton hitting 4/5 depending on where you want ohtani is pretty good if we had some stud leadoff guy.

I want to see Shohei hit 4th next year.  

I don't see us adding a major moto bat before next year.  The Arcia/Briceno spot is prime for a significant upgrade.  I was thinking Grandal, but Ramos is a beast vs. lefties and still good vs. RHers.  Also very solid defensively and because he was traded, no comp pick.  

I'd probably start the year with Calhoun leading off, Trout 2nd and then Simmons, Ohtani, Upton.  

An interesting play could be to sign both Grandal and Ramos.  I know that sound a little odd, but both can play 1b.  But then you'll need someone who can hit lefty and play 3b.  Maybe even OF as well.  like a Marwin Gonzalez type.    

That's probably a larger financial commitment than they'll be willing to spend on offense next year considering our pitching needs.   

But that would be a nice set of options assuming Cozart and Albert come back and Fletcher is the util.  So for C, 1b, 2b, 3b, and two bench spots its, Grandal, Pujols, Cozart, Fletcher, Gonzalez, and Ramos.   Final roster spot likely to JMF.  That gives you 3 who can play SS, 4 who can play 3b.  4 who can play 2b.  5 who can play 1b.  The only nit is that Calhoun becomes the backup CFer.  Which is fine for a game or two if the shit hits the fan and then you just call up someone at AAA.  

That would make for a pretty damn versatile roster.  It does lack speed though.  

45 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

I dono man why he so fat though. Like Facking lose some weight man.

also why can't I Facking say F*ck.  Like you think some Facking kid reads Facking and doesn't know what I'm trying to say? what the F*ck lol

Mr. Meeseeks, I need help understanding what P00zy is saying.