• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Mike Trout Reportedly Expected to Receive 'Lifetime' Contract Offer from Angels

Just now, Stradling said:

I figured if you are going to be pigheaded I will treat you the same way. 

Laughing and goofing off on a message board at midnight after having a couple good ones at the bar. Really should be grounds for calling people names. I don't care I am truly not offended or upset. 

Just now, Kevinb said:

You think you are the only person here who has employees that work under them? 

Nope.  But I assume that if I have to explain to you that my business isn’t playing against a defense of equally high paid people that you’ll struggle to understand how things like teaching, coaching and the like don’t make up for talent. 

1 minute ago, Kevinb said:

Laughing and goofing off on a message board at midnight after having a couple good ones at the bar. Really should be grounds for calling people names. I don't care I am truly not offended or upset. 

Those are just excuses for you being that way.   Good night. 

6 minutes ago, failos said:

I can’t stand when people here bring up Stradling’s job to bolster their argument. Go to sleep @Kevinb

I am not bringing up his job. Well yes I brought up his job but mostly because work is how I try to relate what is going on. If you have an employee who constantly makes excuses or a sports team. The end result is the same, you can only listen to the same excuses for not getting the job done for so long till something is done about it. You have to replace the players/replace the employee. 

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

Nope.  But I assume that if I have to explain to you that my business isn’t playing against a defense of equally high paid people that you’ll struggle to understand how things like teaching, coaching and the like don’t make up for talent. 

There should be a thread about just bullshit. This thread is completely off the rails. But I digress back on this topic. Please tell me how untalented this team is even with the injuries. We didn't lose all star caliber players. We lost ehh and replaced it with ehh. Richards has been mediocre at best. Dudes already been injured before. Ohtani was good but we saw him for what 8 starts maybe? He pitched once every 7 days it wasn't like he was playing daily. Who else on this team did we lose that was this all star caliber life changing roster player? 

I am not bringing up his job. Well yes I brought up his job but mostly because work is how I try to relate what is going on. If you have an employee who constantly makes excuses or a sports team. The end result is the same, you can only listen to the same excuses for not getting the job done for so long till something is done about it. You have to replace the players/replace the employee. 

If I had a fully staffed and well trained Store at the beginning of the year, then everyone got carpel tunnel and were off of work the rest of the year, I’d understand the drop in performance.   Then again I am a reasonable human being who is paid to get results.  Sometimes the results aren’t what you’d like and you have to change your expectations.  

There should be a thread about just bullshit. This thread is completely off the rails. But I digress back on this topic. Please tell me how untalented this team is even with the injuries. We didn't lose all star caliber players. We lost ehh and replaced it with ehh. Richards has been mediocre at best. Dudes already been injured before. Ohtani was good but we saw him for what 8 starts maybe? He pitched once every 7 days it wasn't like he was playing daily. Who else on this team did we lose that was this all star caliber life changing roster player? 

We lost major league pitchers and replaced them with two bullpen games every five days.  That’s part of the reason this happened.  But you know all of this, which is why I take exception to your stubbornness. 

If I had a fully staffed and well trained Store at the beginning of the year, then everyone got carpel tunnel and were off of work the rest of the year, I’d understand the drop in performance.   Then again I am a reasonable human being who is paid to get results.  Sometimes the results aren’t what you’d like and you have to change your expectations.  

So now the entire team got carpel tunnel? We had pitchers go down. Mediocre pitchers go down. What is our starting rotations overall team ERA? We rank 18th in team ERA with a 4.23 our Relievers did what? 9th in ERA for Relievers with a 3.62 ERA we aren't dead last. or horrible in any of those damn categories. BTW we rank 15th in total team ERA. Lets look at the offense. Runs scored we rank 15th in runs scored. This team isn't very good at scoring runs. Not because of injuries because our line up consists of a lot of ehh and then Trout Ohtani(sometimes) Simmons and yes I will admit Upton is doing decent and Calhoun once he picked his head out of his ass. Injuries didn't make the rest of the guys suck ass. Cozart blew balls before he got injured. Hell Fletcher has been better than Cozart and Fletcher hasn't been a world beater.

Just now, Kevinb said:

So now the entire team got carpel tunnel? We had pitchers go down. Mediocre pitchers go down. What is our starting rotations overall team ERA? We rank 18th in team ERA with a 4.23 our Relievers did what? 9th in ERA for Relievers with a 3.62 ERA we aren't dead last. or horrible in any of those damn categories. BTW we rank 15th in total team ERA. Lets look at the offense. Runs scored we rank 15th in runs scored. This team isn't very good at scoring runs. Not because of injuries because our line up consists of a lot of ehh and then Trout Ohtani(sometimes) Simmons and yes I will admit Upton is doing decent and Calhoun once he picked his head out of his ass. Injuries didn't make the rest of the guys suck ass. Cozart blew balls before he got injured. Hell Fletcher has been better than Cozart and Fletcher hasn't been a world beater.

If we are ranked that high then join me in congratulating Scioscia and his staff for doing an amazing job.  Thanks.  

If we are ranked that high then join me in congratulating Scioscia and his staff for doing an amazing job.  Thanks.  

I don't think Mike did a bad job. I think he did a great job. He kept this team together through it. We have had this argument before, I don't think the manager should get the blame or the credit. The players should.

Go on the Angels site. Look up stats. Look at games started. The first 7 guys pitched the majority of the games. 22 times someone else made starts. Of those 22 times someone other than the top 7 guys who made starts 7 out of the 22 starts have ERA's under 4. so that leaves 15 starts that ERA were over 5. 

• Blarg locked this topic