• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Next year's bullpen

tdawg87

21 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

At the least I'd like to see the Angels sign one elite reliever, maybe two. My two choices would be Familia and Robertson. Familia is really good, better than Herrera, and will be a lot cheaper than Kimbrel. Robertson is also really good and will be more affordable.

The rest can be assembled in-house.

I like that

How many relievers do they keep ?

We need to keep Meyers!

JC is out half the year.  By the time he is ready we will have someone injured.

Will Middleton be back?  Didnt he have Tommy John surgery?

Keep Buttrey, Parker, Robles, Alvarez, Anderson, Meyers

Noe has to go.  I can tolerate Cam in non pressure role. 

I would prefer to get a fron line starter and move Shoemaker into relief.  I think Shoe's splitter would be devastating as a reliever.

30 minutes ago, stormngt said:

How many relievers do they keep ?

We need to keep Meyers!

JC is out half the year.  By the time he is ready we will have someone injured.

Will Middleton be back?  Didnt he have Tommy John surgery?

Keep Buttrey, Parker, Robles, Alvarez, Anderson, Meyers

Noe has to go.  I can tolerate Cam in non pressure role. 

I would prefer to get a fron line starter and move Shoemaker into relief.  I think Shoe's splitter would be devastating as a reliever.

Who the hell is this Meyers you speak of?

510EE4F1-8D42-49D0-ADEB-83698D1C04B0.jpeg

Robles, Anderson, Parker, Alvarez and Buttery are locked for next year. I believe we'll have an 8 man Bp next year, So 3 spots open 

1st spot has to go to a free agent/ trade Closer ( Familiia?)

Than there are two spots left;

Jerez needs time in AAA

Meyer should have a consideration for one of the spots, If he's still Hurt, we can Him on the Dl.  

JC won't have to worry about until he come of the Dl

Cam and Noe are in the lead for the 2 spots, but they'll have to go in battle for those spots

Bridwell- another option as a long reliever

Cole i believe still has Options, he'll be up and down

Middleton same as Jc

On 9/13/2018 at 5:47 AM, Angel Oracle said:

Familia could be that one guy.

No trade necessary, no draft pick or int’l money lost, very stingy with HRs, extensive closing experience, and still only late 20s

At some point, Eppler is going to have to roll the dice on a FA pitcher, and Familia checks many boxes off.

This!!!!

Look all I'm saying is Noe Ramirez is 2nd in the bullpen in both K/9 and K/BB ratio.

This bullpen doesn't miss a lot of bats. Obviously that's only one aspect, and the results have been negative for him this year, but going forward he could be extremely useful.

That said, since Jeff pointed out he will be out of options next year, he may be the odd man out. Which is fine. 

On 9/13/2018 at 2:47 PM, Angel Oracle said:

David Robertson is an odd one to figure out.    He's 33, and has pitched a lot of relief innings and K'd a lot of batters (even in 2018, 86 in 63 innings).

Yet, he's rarely ever been on the DL, and doesn't seem to be showing any signs of slowing down like Shields did in 2009.  

One season in an angels uniform should fix the "rarely on the DL" issue.

Anderson still needs work with his command, same with Robles.   But, both certainly have the stuff to play in the bullpen.

Buttrey has to be the early favorite, of the current Halos pitchers, to close in 2019.  

Right now, it would be Robles to Parker/Cole/Alvarez to Anderson to Buttrey.    But that still points out the BIG need for one SOLID late innings guy acquisition.  

56 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Anderson still needs work with his command, same with Robles.   But, both certainly have the stuff to play in the bullpen.

Buttrey has to be the early favorite, of the current Halos pitchers, to close in 2019.  

Right now, it would be Robles to Parker/Cole/Alvarez to Anderson to Buttrey.    But that still points out the BIG need for one SOLID late innings guy acquisition.  

Yeah, I'm not feeling the love for Robles. 

Maybe Familia IS the best option, cost wise. But have the antacids handy. He still gets in too many long counts and walks too many hitters. Almost 4 per nine innings. 1.2 WHIP. He isn't "lock down", that's for sure.

We'll have to change his name from Jeurys to Jesus, as in  "Jesus, Familia, just throw the ball over the plate!"