• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread 09/12 vs. Rangers

Angels
1. Kole Calhoun (L) RF
2. David Fletcher (R) 2B
3. Mike Trout (R) CF
4. Shohei Ohtani (L) DH
5. Justin Upton (R) LF
6. Andrelton Simmons (R) SS
7. Jose Fernandez (L) 1B
8. Taylor Ward (R) 3B
9. Francisco Arcia (L) C

Rangers
1. Shin-Soo Choo (L) LF
2. Rougned Odor (L) 2B
3. Elvis Andrus (R) SS
4. Nomar Mazara (L) RF
5. Adrian Beltre (R) DH
6. Jurickson Profar (S) 3B
7. Joey Gallo (L) CF
9. Ronald Guzman (L) 1B

Nice lineup!

I fully believe simply replacing horrible offensive production from Valbuena/Kinsler/Maldonando/Marte/1st half Kole with what we see now gives us at LEAST 5-6 more wins. Probably more. It seems to contend you need to have at least 7 players hitting at a average rate, or only have at the most 2 easy outs in the lineup (given that you're sacrificing those outs for some great defense). I think this lineup next year gets us there if we get decent production from Ward/Cozart. Trout/Ohtani/Upton/Simmons/2nd half Kole is legit if they're not surrounded by like 3 blackholes.

5 minutes ago, kj_maestro said:

Nice lineup!

I fully believe simply replacing horrible offensive production from Valbuena/Kinsler/Maldonando/Marte/1st half Kole with what we see now gives us at LEAST 5-6 more wins. Probably more. It seems to contend you need to have at least 7 players hitting at a average rate, or only have at the most 2 easy outs in the lineup (given that you're sacrificing those outs for some great defense). I think this lineup next year gets us there if we get decent production from Ward/Cozart. Trout/Ohtani/Upton/Simmons/2nd half Kole is legit if they're not surrounded by like 3 blackholes.

Kinsler had an OPS over 700. Hardly a black hole. You guys act like he was dog shit when he was here.

34 minutes ago, happybat4 said:

Kinsler had an OPS over 700. Hardly a black hole. You guys act like he was dog shit when he was here.

He had a .654 OPS through his first 3 months/70 games of the season. And that's including his .744 OPS in June. Pretty bad man, that would have him as the 19th ranked 2B in MLB by OPS

Like I said, replace those 70 games with what Fletcher is doing or I guess with what Kinsler did his last few weeks here, however you want to look at it, and a lot of those runners stranded in scoring position/weak flyball outs are hits/more runs instead and we probably win some of those ones that got away.

And to be fair I was thinking of Valbuena/Maldonando/1st half Kole as the blackholes and Kinsler as the "bad" production you can tolerate because of his defense, if he's pretty much the only one you're having to do so with.

48 minutes ago, kj_maestro said:

He had a .654 OPS through his first 3 months/70 games of the season. And that's including his .744 OPS in June. Pretty bad man, that would have him as the 19th ranked 2B in MLB by OPS

Like I said, replace those 70 games with what Fletcher is doing or I guess with what Kinsler did his last few weeks here, however you want to look at it, and a lot of those runners stranded in scoring position/weak flyball outs are hits/more runs instead and we probably win some of those ones that got away.

And to be fair I was thinking of Valbuena/Maldonando/1st half Kole as the blackholes and Kinsler as the "bad" production you can tolerate because of his defense, if he's pretty much the only one you're having to do so with.

Cherry pick all the stats you want. Kinsler had an OPS over 700 with the Angels. Sure he struggled, but who doesn't. Fletcher has a sub 700 ops. We need better than that at 2nd base.