• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Pujols to have bone spurs removed from his elbow

jsnpritchett

I would also suggest that you don’t look at this is a pure 1 and 0, black and white way,  deciding what spots are holes and which spots aren’t. Also, the way the organization views Pujols.

There is a lot of gray area between “he’s a legit everyday MOTO hitter” and “we should release him.” And each year they look at him in a different way within that spectrum. 

50 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

I would also suggest that you don’t look at this is a pure 1 and 0, black and white way,  deciding what spots are holes and which spots aren’t. Also, the way the organization views Pujols.

There is a lot of gray area between “he’s a legit everyday MOTO hitter” and “we should release him.” And each year they look at him in a different way within that spectrum. 

I fully understand Arte's position.  He will be paying Pujols 28 million dollars next year despite the fact that he is an average hitter(WAR not withstanding).  He has to get as much out of him as he can. You play him at first as much as possible and hopefully hit him 7th or 8th.  You continue to advertise the crap out of the guys he passes in RBI's and HRs.  Pujols won't retire so you're stuck with him.  He is delusional so I don't see him not playing until his contract is up and I can't see Arte just eating that money.  The ORG needs to do the best it can DESPITE Albert being there.  It needs to try to work around Albert for the next 3 years.  That's no easy feat.

If you do a move that is half-ass than it will create more problems. There is only 2 positions that Pujols can possibly play. 1B or DH. Ohtani will be the DH next year. If you bring in a kind of crappy player from outside the organization than you are begging for a repeat of Valbuena.... also anyone watching the games this year saw that Pujols kind of sucked defensively at first..... I have never seen a 1B stretch so little for an incoming ball on a close play. Probably gave 5 extra hits to the opposition this year.

All the internal options are not that great. If you bring in a stud 1B than it will create less strife in the clubhouse when Pujols has to sit on the bench.

I believe the Angels have reached the end of the road with convincing themselves that Pujols will be a good player going forward. The money is gone anyways.... plus The Angels have most likely recouped all the money they invested on Pujols by the TV deal, extra attendance, milestones, jersey sales, etc....

Who knows if he sits on the bench maybe it will hasten his desire to retire?

Adams, Moustakas.... none of them are that great..... think bigger.

Remember Trout is going to want to start seeing some help on the offensive side of the ball. This is the area I believe the Angels will spend $..... make Trout happy. There is really no other places to dramatically improve the Offense..... they are not going to bench Cozart. Is there any stud hitting catchers out there that play good to great Defense? The OF is set. DH is set. SS is set. Fletcher appears to have carved out a role.... David that is.