• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

John McCain Dead at 81

If McCain managed to spend his career being disliked by alot of the GOP & DNC then you know he was doing something right. I wish a million mavericks would appear in both parties.

In all seriousness he was never a moderate but he was never a partisan conservative either, he was very fiscally conservative most of the time, especially standing against pork barrel spending & those bridges to nowhere. Keating 5 taught how wrong lobbyists were etc.

He moved to the right on social issues when it came time for presidential elections, but if GOP wasn't so religious i'd imagine he'd move to the center on social issues.

8 hours ago, Scioscia4MVP said:

If McCain had won in 2008, we'd never see a Trump presidency & we'd probably still see a Obama presidency & possibly a Hillary one.

If McCain had managed to win & got re-elected his VP would be the next GOP nominee in 2016 & that means no Trump.

Yeah ... we'd get Palin instead.

Wheeeeee!!!

6 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

Lol at being a “maverick.” The dude was an establishment hack. 

But he was far from being a conservative, and he hated Trump.

I think the "maverick" label was due to his constant readiness to cross the aisle and basically cave to Democrats. Conservatives hated him for that. Of course, the Democrats and the media applied the label in a positive way. They loved him.

Edited by fan_since79