• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Obama wants more money for liberal elitist college programs

Glen

I'm not sure what giving 12 BILLION dollars towards community colleges is going to do? How about lowering the cost of education and normal colleges? Why does it cost so much money to be put through so much pain and suffering? That's another reason there is so much debt in this country. People spend 20 years of their lives trying to pay off a damn student loan for a job that starting out, made them 40,000 a year tops.

Being one of the last idiots to still manufacture in So Cal, we need this.  Our work force is aged, and younger generations are not able to fill the gaps when the current workforce retires.  There will be a huge demand in the next decade for skilled manufacturing once all the baby boomers retire (unless it all goes offshore, which could happen if there aren't skilled workers)

Cut defense spending by 5% and we could fund almost anything.  I would rather we cut defense spending by more than 5% and put all of it toward the deficit.  I do think we need more money put toward education spending but only if the money comes from somewhere else in the budget, not as an added expense.