• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

When Will Halos Make Scioscia announcement?

disarcina

1 hour ago, Troll Daddy said:

Depends on how badly he really wanted to play.

“I don’t bring that up to him now,” joked Buchholz, who still keeps in touch with Lackey, “because he’s a lot bigger than me. I don’t want to make him mad. But Lackey is a bulldog. I fully expect him to be with some club at some point this year. I know for a fact that he still works out and keeps his body ready.”

6 minutes ago, Lou said:

“I don’t bring that up to him now,” joked Buchholz, who still keeps in touch with Lackey, “because he’s a lot bigger than me. I don’t want to make him mad. But Lackey is a bulldog. I fully expect him to be with some club at some point this year. I know for a fact that he still works out and keeps his body ready.”

Like I said 'it depends on how bad he wants to play' ... money honey

5 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

I could see a one-year extension for Scioscia to get him over the 20-yr mark.

Besides, 2019 looks very promising for this team. Let the skipper get another ring!

?

I would like to see him reach the 20 year mark, but I doubt it.  The handwriting seems to be on the wall we will have a new manager for you guys to hate next year.

59 minutes ago, Lou said:

Lackey is also age 40.

5 hours ago, Tank said:

if sosh doesn't return, it'll be announced prior to the final homestand so they can give the fans and the team an opportunity to properly thank him.

Interesting thought ... not sure that’s going to happen but it should. He still might be in the conversation but doubtful. 

48 minutes ago, Troll Daddy said:

Interesting thought ... not sure that’s going to happen but it should. He still might be in the conversation but doubtful. 

Most successful manager in team history, team won its first WS title under him, arguably a HOF manager,  significantly up the list on all time career victories, most successful era of angels baseball during his tenure - saying goodbye to him and giving fans a chance to properly acknowledge his contributions seems like a relatively easy call to me.

10 minutes ago, Tank said:

Most successful manager in team history, team won its first WS title under him, arguably a HOF manager,  significantly up the list on all time career victories, most successful era of angels baseball during his tenure - saying goodbye to him and giving fans a chance to properly acknowledge his contributions seems like a relatively easy call to me.

I'm all for it. Been waiting over a decade for a chance to say goodbye to Sosh.

1 hour ago, Tank said:

I agree but it’s not like he’s retiring from baseball ⚾️ he’ll get his farewell down the road imo. I like your idea better!

Since we're all speculating... I think the team would actually extend Scioscia if they could come to an agreement. The reason we haven't heard one way or the other is because they're still in discussions.

2 hours ago, Jay said:

Since we're all speculating... I think the team would actually extend Scioscia if they could come to an agreement. The reason we haven't heard one way or the other is because they're still in discussions.

thanks for harshing our mellow, bud.