• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

When Will Halos Make Scioscia announcement?

disarcina

On or before September 15?

September 15 is a Saturday -- on Thursday, 9/13 Halos start a four game home series vs. Seattle.

Added drama -- DiPoto could be at the ballyard.

Or do Halos wait until the week after the World Series is over and hold a press conference with Scioscia there?

Does Anyone think he's coming back as Halos manager in 2019?

5 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I could see him having an advisory role with the team.  He won’t announce it until the season is over, or until the team is officially disqualified from the playoff picture.  He won’t want to be the focus of the team.

I hope it isn't a scouting role cause his criteria for drafting catchers would be: skill level of squatting, CERA & if they can hit below .220

Just now, Scioscia4MVP said:

I hope it isn't a scouting role cause his criteria for drafting catchers would be: skill level of squatting, CERA & if they can hit below .220

Yes it would suck to have catchers that are good catchers like Molina, Perez, Mathis and Maldonado.  Pitchers hate throwing to guys like that. 

36 minutes ago, Scioscia4MVP said:

After Scioscia retires, watch them sign Napoli to a 1 year deal to platoon at DH with Ohtani cause Naps destroys LHP & John Lackey is signed to add depth to the bullpen (he can still reach 93mph)

93 mph? are you serious?

if he's still throwing that hard he can probably make All-CIF

2nd team 

1 hour ago, Vladdylonglegs said:

They'll announce his extension at the December press conference when they present Josh Donaldson and his 8 year/$200M contract.

I sure love your avatar,it's a nice tribute to John Ritter.You probably could of got a better picture where he wasn't so bloated, but good job overall.Long live Jack Tripper RIP.

1 hour ago, Lou said:

93 mph? are you serious?

if he's still throwing that hard he can probably make All-CIF

2nd team 

He could reach a max velocity of 92 or 93 in 2017. It was sarcasm mostly, cause Lackey & Napoli would never return if offered a contract cause of Scioscia.

I honestly believe though Lackey would have had alot better results in the Bullpen than Noe Ramirez & Paredes, he still has that nasty curveball that misses bats & can still get his velocity into the 90s, out of the pen he could probably reliably hit 93.

I think its a question of Lackey not wanting to be a reliever. He wasn't that terrible in 2017 compared to others, Colon has pitched much worse in 2018.

The amount of F-bombs Lackey made on the mound at Scioscia is priceless.

4 hours ago, Lou said:

Lackey refused a minor league deal from Arizona last offseason, who then offered one to Clay Bucholz. 

Looks like Lackey chose poorly. 

He's one pitcher i'd like to see manage team, how often he'd go off on umpires would be worth it. He'd open a KFC in the dugout & PS4 video game booth.

Lackey would become the 1st manager to put a umpire on the DL & an opposing teams manager on the DL. In the same game.

32 minutes ago, Scioscia4MVP said:

He's one pitcher i'd like to see manage team, how often he'd go off on umpires would be worth it. He'd open a KFC in the dugout & PS4 video game booth.

Lackey would become the 1st manager to put a umpire on the DL & an opposing teams manager on the DL. In the same game.

Just forgot the Goat Hill Tavern annex in the clubhouse.

11 hours ago, Vladdylonglegs said:

They'll announce his extension at the December press conference when they present Josh Donaldson and his 8 year/$200M contract.

We have too many pitchers on the dL. There is no room there for position players. Josh needs to sign with a team that has plenty of room on their dL.