• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Office Pranks

So we like to pull some office pranks in the office on our coworkers. Well, one of the guys here who misses a lot of days and usually is the main source of our pranks missed work yesterday and we all decided to pull one on him. He loves his chair more than anything and we decided to take it from him and put it up in our rafters in the back room and replace it with a really uncomfortable wicker chair. Hes usually a good sport about things, but this morning he snapped. Who knew this would be the thing that put him over the top. He started screaming at us demanding we tell him where his chair is and to stop messing with him. It was vintage season 3 Andy Bernard of the Office when he punched through the wall after Jim hid his cell phone hah. Anyone pull some good office pranks over the years?

I used to play phone pranks on unsuspecting telemarketers who would call our office back in the day.  Try to pick up on female telemarketers ("So, what are you wearing?") was fun.  Once I portrayed a returning vet from the Iraq war who was dealing with PTSD.  That one got me a nice "Thank you for your service" pen gift. Disney used to call fairly frequently looking for someone who worked for them.  Informed them that I'd be in late because I was marching in the gay parade and wouldn't have time to shave.  Hoped Walt wouldn't have an issue with a goatee and some biker sideburns. 

Someone got me good many years ago. I had a large office and the building as a whole was robust. I used to keep my music equipment in my office and store everyone elses in the server room as we would have band practice after hours.

Out of the blue one day I start getting a ton of calls and emails coming into my business inbox about people wanting my gear. I kind of flipped my shit, but the idea of selling anything was so ridiculous I was more confused than pissed.

My co-workers eventually sent me the Craigslist ad they made and pulled it shortly after because the calls were too much even for them. I guess when you list a 4k custom bass for $100 it's going to get noticed.

I used to play phone pranks on unsuspecting telemarketers who would call our office back in the day. Try to pick up on female telemarketers ("So, what are you wearing?") was fun. Once I portrayed a returning vet from the Iraq war who was dealing with PTSD. That one got me a nice "Thank you for your service" pen gift. Disney used to call fairly frequently looking for someone who worked for them. Informed them that I'd be in late because I was marching in the gay parade and wouldn't have time to shave. Hoped Walt wouldn't have an issue with a goatee and some biker sideburns.

I did something similar out of boredom years ago. I used to reply to spam emails seriously and post up the conversations here. It was good for a laugh and got the community involved in rebuttals and responses.

I think Texas oilman was a norm.

I did the cragslist thing back in high school...post pics and numbers of our buddies girl friends in the craigslist hooker section.  Sadly I haven't pranked too much lately.  Last time I think was a fun poo dollar night at the spectrum about 5 year ago.

My boss hates Eli Manning, so the day before he returned from paternity leave we printed out a bunch of pictures of Eli's face and taped them all over his office- on his computer, inside the microwave and refrigerator, on his birthday on the wall calendar, on the underside of his phone, on his "best boss" Michael Scott bobble head. The best was a totally goofy picture that I taped over his head in a family photo with his wife and their newborn. I had been working there a month.

I visited my brother in law's overly impressive office at the Oriental Rug company he owns last year. My nephews and I returned after hours and swapped all the pictures out of the frames with stuff we printed up from awkwardfamilyphotos.com 

He didnt catch on for several weeks.

A dab of grease of the telephone ear piece or unscrew the handset and put some powerbait or fish attractant in the mouthpiece are always good ones....unless your call center uses headsets like drive-thru workers at McDonalds.

Holy cow! I thought I was the only person to put Vaseline or A&D on the phone. Shaving cream is better but it is harder to get away with.

used to have the portraits of all the presidents displayed on my classroom walls. was teaching away one day when i noticed that suddenly each one was suddenly wearing a dodgers hat. it was a good prank from one of my colleagues and her son.

i returned the favor on her last day of school by printing out an unflattering yearbook picture of her wearing an angels hat, then taped them all over her classroom.

best one ever done to me was by my roommate and fellow jr. high teacher. he found an old publicity photo of me, xeroxed it, and then the let the kids color it. they turned me into a pirate, doctor, football player, cross dresser, you name it. he then taped them all over my classroom. great surprise to discover that morning, and the kids loved it. still have those pictures somewhere.

best one ever done to me was by my roommate and fellow jr. high teacher. he found an old publicity photo of me, xeroxed it, and then the let the kids color it. they turned me into a pirate, doctor, football player, cross dresser, you name it. he then taped them all over my classroom. great surprise to discover that morning, and the kids loved it. still have those pictures somewhere.

That is actually pretty funny. I'm sure my second graders would have just drawn smily faces. 

I had a teacher in high school that always played pranks on the students and teachers. My brother and his friend saw her going into the local grocery store. They took the innards of some cassette tapes and wrapped it around her car several times until it was completely covered. She was pissed when she got out of the store. The next day she gave everyone of her classes a stern lecture as to why that wasn't appropriate. 

When I was a freshman at the University of Florida living in the dorms, one of the guys on my floor had a roommate who made a habit of coming home drunk in the wee hours of the morning and making a lot of noise getting into bed with the lights off (as if leaving the lights off made a difference). Not satisfied with the age-old tradition of short sheeting, he made up his roommate's bed with the roommate's ten-speed bicycle under the sheets. The yelling that night when he came home woke up the whole floor - but nobody was mad, because everyone on the floor except this guy's roommate was in on the prank.

Forgot about another one done to me by another teacher. Walked into my room after lunch one day and found my floor covered with six inches of shredded newspaper.

We really live on the edge and play hard in the world of private education.

Tape on the bathroom doors is a huge one for us. You walk out and smack your head on a piece or scotch tape.

Any jackets found are taped up into a ball and thrown in the freezer.

Ive only done it once, but you fill styrofoam cups with water and cover the entire floor of someones office.

My wife was looking for a good one to pull on set of three teachers that thought they were the prank kings. I brought her home three cheap motion detector alarms that had double tack tap to adhere them to a different spot in each room. One got one under his desk, another under his chair and the last inside his mini fridge.

The key was crazy gluing the battery door and on off switch so they couldn't shut them off. One of the guys thought it was a school fire drill and sent his kids out of the room.

They bowed to her once they found out who pranked them.

• 2 weeks later...

This is not really a prank, but more of trying to deal with a problem in a funny way. I had a co-worker that had really bad B.O. No one could figure out how to tell him, so we just put a stick of deodorant on his desk before he came into the office one day, hoping that he'd get the hint. He flipped out. He was in everybody's face yelling, "Tell me who did this!" The HR manager had to get involved because the guy wouldn't let it go.