• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Can someone please explain Mookie Betts to me

tdawg87

5 minutes ago, floplag said:

Can i not comment on the fickle nature of the media?  is that not allowed?  I guess i missed that memo

Of course you can.   Sorry I asked a question related to your post, on a message board designed to have interaction.   Maybe Chuck will let you write a blog so you don’t have to worry about someone asking you a question.   

Based on his short stature and minimal frame I strongly suspect PEDs. But this is also a reflection of being suspicious of teams playing Boston. Whether it be The old Boston Gardens having dead spots on its floor and purposefully creating an awful atmosphere in the visitors locker room, or Ortiz - and other Red Sox players using PEDs, Boston has proven to get creative in an effort to win. This doesn’t even consider the two other reasons for Betts’ numbers:  he’s very good on contact and fenway loves a high pop fly to left. This has been mastered by Betts. 

31 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Of course you can.   Sorry I asked a question related to your post, on a message board designed to have interaction.   Maybe Chuck will let you write a blog so you don’t have to worry about someone asking you a question.   

probably right along side yours on how to make friends and influence people.  

Yeah I hope the Red Sox crash and burn in the playoffs but Betts has been a damn good player since his first full season in 2015 when he was 22.  Runner up MVP at the age of 23, 6th last year and right now he's gotta be leading the pack.  Last year was a let down compared to 2016 but he's shown this year that 2016 wasn't a fluke.  Doesn't mean he'll keep up this pace but he's done a lot more than Judge to warrant the comparisons to Trout.  

2 minutes ago, floplag said:

hardly, but if it makes you feel big to think so you go right ahead.  lol

I was going by your reaction sweetie.  You always come across like you’re being attacked. It’s very obvious why the media has moved on from Trout, bad team, injured team, and he’s not playing.  

5 hours ago, krAbs said:

Exactly my point. This year they are similar. But for career OPS+..

Trout is 174

Betts is 131

Betts is still fantastic, but this is a very different picture.

I wouldn’t use career anything when comparing players. Its a what have you done for me lately kinda thing.

A fine example would be Mang who has a career OPS+ of 150. Using your rationale, Mang > Betts.

3 hours ago, Stradling said:

I was going by your reaction sweetie.  You always come across like you’re being attacked. It’s very obvious why the media has moved on from Trout, bad team, injured team, and he’s not playing.  

Sweetie?  Well, you know where you can shove that and your victim bullshit. 
im sure Tdawg would help if you cant make it fit