• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Can someone please explain Mookie Betts to me

tdawg87

@calscuf is right. Bunch of jealous ex girlfriends in here.

Betts is a monster. Great player and great for the game. He plays on a team I hate. Seems like a good kid. I have nothing against him.

And I don't think many people that follow baseball would think he's better than Trout, aside from Boston fans.

8 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

You realize that when you pull in the fences..  both teams benefit, right?   We sorta have a pitching problem in Anaheim.

Not sure if it's just the lower fence in RF, but Angel Stadium has seen the HR index rise from 0.971 in 2017, to 1.110 in 2018.  The run index has risen from 0.949 to 1.021.   So, it's not favoring pitchers when it comes to HR's and it's not played like a pitcher's park.   

Someone will likely try to argue that the reason the numbers are up is because the pitching sucks but.... the pitching was a lot worse last year.  Could it be a one year fluke -- maybe..  but the park has definitely played differently.

That’s called the Noe effect.  

7 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

He's fantastic.

The best. 

I don't agree with him being the best. But if he does what he's doing currently year after year like Trout has done, you best bet he will be close to Trout or on the same level.

And there is nothing wrong with that. Trout has had a better career. That doesn't mean Betts can't be just as good going forward.

and just like that.... everyone in the baseball media forgot all about Judge/Stanton.  
They are so desperate for that east coast superstar they will jump on whatever train is necessary to fond a reason to ignore Trout.  
Till he end up in Philly, then noone else will exist. 

6 minutes ago, Lou said:

you really shouldn't hang on to someone else's idea unless you understand it. 

I understand it and realize that probably wasn’t the best way to word it since we never had Betts in our organization. My post was more directed to people on here hating on Betts just because he is having a year similar to Trout. Didn’t feel is was enough of a big deal to edit it though.

Thanks for always being there overlooking my posts though, Lou. I’ll be better for you next time.

33 minutes ago, floplag said:

and just like that.... everyone in the baseball media forgot all about Judge/Stanton.  
They are so desperate for that east coast superstar they will jump on whatever train is necessary to fond a reason to ignore Trout.  
Till he end up in Philly, then noone else will exist. 

Ok you are selling a newspaper, do you want to talk about Betts or an injured Trout who was just placed on the DL?

I can't wait till next year when Betts isn't really a factor anymore, and we are all wondering if Vladdy Jr. is the next Trout. Or the year after that, and Vladdy is going into a sophomore slump, seeing who next will be able to barely keep up with Trout for one year.

20 minutes ago, krAbs said:

I can't wait till next year when Betts isn't really a factor anymore, and we are all wondering if Vladdy Jr. is the next Trout. Or the year after that, and Vladdy is going into a sophomore slump, seeing who next will be able to barely keep up with Trout for one year.

And that’s what makes Trout, Trout. He does it every year. If Betts can do that, he can enter the conversation. But as of now, it’s just an amazing year, like Harper had. 

Although, like IP mentioned, Betts has averaged 7.4 WAR the last three years. It’s not Trout, but damn, he’s amazing.

We shall see what happens going forward.