• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

An honest question about Mike Scioscia's future

T.G.

3 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

Message board rant.

So it couldn’t simply be Street respected Scioscia and gave his opinion?  Also Street was a very good closer until he got injured.  He signed a reasonable two year extension it just didn’t work out.  

2 minutes ago, Homebrewer said:

You guys act like there millions of people around the planet who care what Scioscia is going to do, and it's a huge news story. There are probably a couple thousand people who give a shit and most of them are members here.

Basically

4 minutes ago, Stradling said:

So it couldn’t simply be Street respected Scioscia and gave his opinion?  Also Street was a very good closer until he got injured.  He signed a reasonable two year extension it just didn’t work out.  

That's exactly what it is.  There is room for that and also room for my entirely callous position on Scioscia feelings.

I don't love him and I don't hate him.  I am just ready to move on with zero emotional need to coddle him on the way out.  It SEEMS like there is a slice of folks that feel like being ready to move on is somehow unappreciative or disrespectful or whatever. . .that we are supposed to be very careful to make sure Mike isn't bothered by anything in the process.

I just don't care how Mike feels, that's all.  I'm ready to move on, including it being an omnipresent live subject buzzing around the team/media/ fans, exposing Mike Scioscia to it even if he doesn't like it.

If that makes me a bad person, whatever.

16 minutes ago, Homebrewer said:

You guys act like there millions of people around the planet who care what Scioscia is going to do, and it's a huge news story. There are probably a couple thousand people who give a shit and most of them are members here.

tenor.gif?itemid=5322360

On 8/6/2018 at 4:08 PM, Angel Oracle said:

Yet both Cora and Boone have led their teams to either the top of MLB or near it so far this season.   Their inexperience doesn't seem to have gotten in the way. 

So you don't think it's the talent on their ball clubs that have them at the top? You think it's because of all the years of experience being managers? Managers in baseball out of all sports might be the least likely to harm or propel a team to victory. Literally even basketball is above baseball in that. You think Boone would be the manager of the Angels and they will miraculously be in first place? Gosh I can't wait for next year if there is a new manager here, and if it's the same roster and we are still in 4th place this place will lose its collective minds. I know you are smarter than that AO you have been watching baseball for an eternity. 

1 minute ago, Dick B Back said:

And who gets to decide what a “sensitive topic” is? Its the same as deciding who an “ace” is. There is no rule book for this stuff.

Just want to clarify. . .

Are you saying discussing who will manage the team in 2019, asking direct questions anout that specifically, in your opinion is a sensitive subject?

• 2 months later...
On August 6, 2018 at 4:08 PM, Angel Oracle said:

Yet both Cora and Boone have led their teams to either the top of MLB or near it so far this season.   Their inexperience doesn't seem to have gotten in the way. 

Boone has been getting torn to shreds over his managerial decisions in the ALDS 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb/fans-rip-aaron-boone-for-sticking-with-cc-sabathia-too-long-in-game-4/ar-BBOaLO2

On August 2, 2018 at 10:06 AM, WeatherWonk said:

If I was the Indians, I'd rather play the Red Sox than the Yankees. Boone might be smart to go "Kevin Cash" in the playoffs. If ANY starter struggles early, pull him. The Yankee bullpen could win them the WS. They will hit enough.

oh well . . . 

On 8/7/2018 at 4:19 PM, Barrett said:

So you don't think it's the talent on their ball clubs that have them at the top? You think it's because of all the years of experience being managers? Managers in baseball out of all sports might be the least likely to harm or propel a team to victory. Literally even basketball is above baseball in that. You think Boone would be the manager of the Angels and they will miraculously be in first place? Gosh I can't wait for next year if there is a new manager here, and if it's the same roster and we are still in 4th place this place will lose its collective minds. I know you are smarter than that AO you have been watching baseball for an eternity. 

I get what you are trying to get at.

I’m also partly agreeing with you.   The talent is the main thing.  

But, the right manager who creates a good clubhouse and maximizes analytics knowledge on top of the talent level can’t be discounted either.

How did TB win 90 games with that roster, while playing the Skanks and Red Sux a total of 38 times?

11 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

But, the right manager who creates a good clubhouse and maximizes analytics knowledge on top of the talent level can’t be discounted either.

How did TB win 90 games with that roster, while playing the Skanks and Red Sux a total of 38 times?

Well, partially by playing 38 games against the Jays and Orioles... 

The Jays were a lot worse than people realize and the Rays SoS ranked 21st overall.    The Angels btw finished tied for the strongest SoS in MLB this year.  

TB absolutely hitch-slapped the Angels and Royals (13-1).

52 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

It's obviously because they used relievers as starters.

In all seriousness, 90 wins with that roster....very impressive.