• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

An honest question about Mike Scioscia's future

T.G.

55 minutes ago, Barrett said:

Please tell me the more modern manager you are thinking about? Or are we talking TV personality that the Yankees got. When you say modern thinking manager the first guy I think of is a guy who's never managed in his life before this year, not even a random Denny's, was never a captain of any kind and really had no responsibilities other than a back up 3rd baseman and a TV personality.

Yet both Cora and Boone have led their teams to either the top of MLB or near it so far this season.   Their inexperience doesn't seem to have gotten in the way. 

1 hour ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

If any public figure wants to keep anything private, he should not tell anyone. 

And if he tells someone and they tell a reporter, you should be mad at the person you trusted, not the reporter. 

Thanks for your posts on this subject @Jeff Fletcher. As usual, you provide the voice of reason especially from a reporter’s standpoint. We are lucky to have you here at AW.

54 minutes ago, Scioscia4MVP said:

What if keeping Scioscia prevents him from going to Philly where they will use him to lure Trout in 2020 ? & the Angels get into a bidding war where they would have to massively overpay to keep Trout from signing with his favorite team.

Nothing.

Also nothing preventing Sosh from taking over the Dogs once they get their asses beat in the postseason again this year and they dump Roberts.

1 hour ago, tomsred said:

Baseball contracts are open knowledge because  the owners have decided to publish them, not because they are required by law or regulation to do it.  I suppose it's because part of the game is managing contracts to fit within certain limitations with regard to the luxury tax threshold for example.  Plus doesn't everyone want to know what other people make monetarily, it's heavily ground into our society.

The public can discuss this all they want, but they do so without having useful detailed information about plans, expectations, strategy, working relationships, goals, and many more pieces of relevant information useful in coming to conclusions.

Mike did provide answers to the questions that have been raised by the Rosenthal report, and other baseball reporters such as Fletcher.  In effect he has provided an answer to the fans through the press, and I don't think he is expected to field questions from individual fans on this matter.

My point about public and private companies was made because the expectation and depth of information provided in each situation is different.  For private organizations like the Angels it is very limited, and fans (or the consumers) have little rights with regard to the disclosure of the details of running the organization.  I don't know how to make it more clear.

We are having different conversations.

I don't think anybody is demanding it is their right to force the Angels or Scioscia disclose what they don't want to disclose.

That has nothing to do with acknowledging that they work in a business where the media and the public will ask questions, write stories, report on what they hear, and openly speculate.

Seems like some fans are suggesting that isn't right or fair to Scioscia if he doesn't like his contract status being a live subject.

And I am saying people are smoking crack if they think it isn't fair game as a live subject.

reporters report.

MLB is these guy's beat.

that's their job,

Scioscia may be a private person but he's a public figure.

Don't blame and blast Rosenthal for doing his job (and doing it well).

Inquiring public wants to know - heck - it's not like there hasn't been talk and speculation about this issue for the past five plus years and it's intensified with each season that the Halos have been sitting on the couch for the playoffs.

I think Rosenthal has sources who know what the future holds for the Halos manager job and there's about two or three top tier candidates with Ausmus likely the early favorite.

I don't see Scioscia in the Halos dugout in 2019.

I feel like the most pressing question is what "breakfast in bed" means to a retired Italian man? Lasagna just sounds inappropriate for the situation, but I can't picture Sosh with Prosecco and bruschetta. 

Maybe that's a good thing. 

1 hour ago, 101halo said:

I feel like the most pressing question is what "breakfast in bed" means to a retired Italian man? Lasagna just sounds inappropriate for the situation, but I can't picture Sosh with Prosecco and bruschetta. 

Maybe that's a good thing. 

He’s not an Italian man. He’s American. Breakfast is eggs, bacon, coffee, and a cherry pop tart

Look at Huston Street's whining.  Wow.  How stupid.  Scioscia has had 19 years of comfort and job security.

People simply being ready to move on is not buzzards circling.

Is it really not OK to simply be ready to move on yet?  If not, please let me know what is missing.  Do we need a candlelight vigil first?

Maybe I shouldn't be surprised since the comments came from somebody that was around well past his own "best if used by" date.

2 hours ago, Dtwncbad said:

Look at Huston Street's whining.  Wow.  How stupid.  Scioscia has had 19 years of comfort and job security.

People simply being ready to move on is not buzzards circling.

Is it really not OK to simply be ready to move on yet?  If not, please let me know what is missing.  Do we need a candlelight vigil first?

Maybe I shouldn't be surprised since the comments came from somebody that was around well past his own "best if used by" date.

Whining?  Best if used by date?