• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

OC Register: Mike Trout out of Angels lineup with a sore wrist, hopes to play on Friday

ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. — For the first time all season, an injury is keeping Mike Trout out of the lineup.

Trout jammed his right wrist on a slide into third on Wednesday night, an injury that left him “pretty sore,” he said, on Thursday morning. He said he underwent X-rays and an MRI exam that showed just inflammation.

Sign up for Home Turf and get exclusive stories every SoCal sports fan must read, sent daily. Subscribe here.

Trout said he’s hoping he’ll be able to play on Friday in Cleveland, and he even left open the possibility that he could pinch-hit later in Thursday’s game.

Earlier this season, Trout hurt his right index finger, but he could still hit. He was limited to DH duty for nine straight games.

In the first inning on Wednesday night, Trout took off to steal third. Pitcher Tyler Glasnow threw to third and the ball was there well before Trout, so he tried to slide around the tag.

He ended up sliding awkwardly, jamming his right wrist.

“I got my hand stuck under me,” he said. “It was kind of weird.”

Trout said he told Angels trainer Adam Nevala that it was sore. They taped it up and he stayed in the game. He went hitless in his last three at-bats.

“I was definitely thinking about it,” Trout said. “I didn’t feel it at the plate, but on deck when I was warming up, I was feeling it with the weight on my bat.”

Last year Trout missed about seven weeks after tearing a ligament in his left thumb on a head-first slide. He now wears a protective glove on his left hand, but this time he hurt the other hand.

“They are joking that now I have to wear two,” Trout said.

View the full article