• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Scioscia: "Jerome not as stretched out as he eventually will be."

I have a challenge for Mike Scioscia. 

Let the team manage itself for a few games and see if they win.  Have Butcher inform the starter of his pitch counts with the condition they can't exceed 110 pitches.  Tell the bullpen to watch the game closely and come up with their own plan for bailing out the starter.  Cut out the ridiculous sacrifice bunting and leave it up to the players if they will steal bases or not.  At the least, it would be a fun morale booster and the results couldn't be any worse. 

More importantly though, it would help players see each other's strengths and weaknesses more clearly without an overbearing manager trying to "fix" things.  I think this would fire guys up to fill the voids left by others if they could see those problems for what they really are. 

This is how a team is supposed to work. 

What about all those signs he gives before every pitch?  How could the team even operate without those?

MS pulling JW in that situation proves, MS didn't think JW could do it. When you tell a player he can't do it he will think you lack confidence in him. The other players on the team will see MS lack of confidence in JW. JW will drive home thinking wtf is MS doing pulling my ass when I wanted to man up. This team is lifeless because of MS show of NO confidence. Now its rather obvious that the team has zero confidence. And you aren't watching the LAA if you see it any other way. I am so sick of all you apologetics that support this guy. Boo his ass at the park and ride him out of town. These players are our boys. He has messed with them enough. Why do you think guys are flourishing as soon as they depart? The birds were let out of the cage.

There's something OCD about this current obsession with pitch counts. Langston talked about it one night, and said they never thought about it back in the day. 

When did we start hearing about 100-pitch limits?

I've been pounding this for a while now. MS caught 15 complete games of Oreo Herschiser in 1988. And I think he caught at least another 20 CGs from the rest of the staff that year. Don't any of you see the point?