• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Who wins the second wild card?

AL Wild Card  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the second AL wild card?

12 minutes ago, WeatherWonk said:

Paraphrasing the old adage, you can't win a WC spot in June, but you can lose it.

The Angels havent so much lost it in May, June and July (where they are only a few games below .500), as much as two teams zoomed past them.

Usually, being right around .500 puts you in contention for at least the second WC spot. Not this year, unless things change dramatically.

There was an actual thread in which it said the playoffs picture in AL was settled.  The Angel's at the time were in 3rd.  The 4th place team is now tied for the wildcard.   

I argued that Seattle schedule was soft and that they would come back to earth.  They did.  The problem is that the Angel's lost to too many games they should have won.  Thus they didnt take advantage of Seattles slump.  The A's did take advantage of it.  I hope they get the 2nd WC

29 minutes ago, BackUpTheTruck said:

SPOILER ALERT

Here's how I see it playing out in the AL:

WC game: NYY over OAK.

Boston over Cleveland, Yankees over Astros.

Yankees over Red Sox.

I say this with confidence because I have that sports almanac from Back to the Future.

Wait a minute, if Boston finishes with the best record in the AL, which seems likely as they have a 6.5 game lead on the Astros, wont they play the winner of the WC game? If so, that would mean the Red Sox and Yankees would meet in the ALDS and Cleveland would face Houston.

Unless you are saying that the Astros will catch the Red Sox, that would be how the playoffs go.

It's really gonna be interesting to see what's up with Chris Sale. That is a big question mark in all of this;  the regular season and especially the playoffs.

1 minute ago, WeatherWonk said:

Wait a minute, if Boston finishes with the best record in the AL, which seems likely as they have a 6.5 game lead on the Astros, wont they play the winner of the WC game? If so, that would mean the Red Sox and Yankees would meet in the ALDS and Cleveland would face Houston.

Unless you are saying that the Astros will catch the Red Sox, that would be how the playoffs go.

You're right, I thought it was best record vs. worst record.

Now I say it will be NYY over BOS, HOU over CLE, and NYY over HOU.

4 minutes ago, WeatherWonk said:

correct 

46 minutes ago, BackUpTheTruck said:

SPOILER ALERT

Here's how I see it playing out in the AL:

WC game: NYY over OAK.

Boston over Cleveland, Yankees over Astros.

Yankees over Red Sox.

I say this with confidence because I have that sports almanac from Back to the Future.

I knew you were Biff

It's been the bullpen AND inconsistent hitting, with the Indians. They have led MLB in runs scored in two months and been 17th and 26th in two other months. Some guys they rely upon are having an off year. Encarnacion is hitting in the .230s but does have 24 HRs. Kipnis is sheet again. Lindor actually got off to a very slow start, but he came around.

The Indians cant be counted out of any series if Kluber and Bauer are pitching well. And they have shored up the BP. Not sure what's going on with Andrew Miller. They got Hand, of course. I guess Allen is now a setup guy. 

If I was the Indians, I'd rather play the Red Sox than the Yankees. Boone might be smart to go "Kevin Cash" in the playoffs. If ANY starter struggles early, pull him. The Yankee bullpen could win them the WS. They will hit enough.