• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

How is Oakland and Seattle better than the Halos?

8 hours ago, Lou said:

Not as has as I would have predicted.

Jeff, can you let Victor Rojas know that I appreciated his Arrested Development reference today? Nobody else here, nor Gubi, caught it. 

Stradling will hook you up with some In-N-Out for the trouble. 

Or you can simply tweet at him. And yes I’ll hook him up with INO.

12 hours ago, Lou said:

Since 2002 we've been to the playoff more than the A's.

Some fans measure success by making the playoffs. Some teams, too.

But not you, apparently.

But that wasnt the original premise. I was just using the argument given by the poster.

You're great at changing the argument to suit your POV in mid stream. Problem is, it's rarely relevant.

What say we go back to, maybe, 1970? No problem changing the premise of the original argument, right? Who's been to the playoffs more often? 

See, anyone can do it.........that doesnt make it relevant to the discussion.

I'm guessing you weren't on any debate teams in HS or college, huh?

32 minutes ago, WeatherWonk said:

But that wasnt the original premise. I was just using the argument given by the poster.

You're great at changing the argument to suit your POV in mid stream. Problem is, it's rarely relevant.

What say we go back to, maybe, 1970? No problem changing the premise of the original argument, right? Who's been to the playoffs more often? 

He went back to where Beane was touted as a genius for taking a playoff team and making it a playoff team in 2002 that got bounced in the first round.

Essentially he did nothing really to improve it but slowley dismantled the working parts until it was no longer a playoff caliber team and their farm system he drafted really never supported it so that's why all of the trades over the last decade plus.

But you can change the argument to fit your agenda. 

34 minutes ago, WeatherWonk said:

or I didn't read the original premise and was just picking a year "at random" as I thought you had done. 

and, no, I wasn't on the debate team in HS. I was busy playing fb, bball and baseball. 

not that I would have made it, however. my HS has what is arguably the most successful debate program in the country. 

On 8/1/2018 at 12:55 PM, GrittyVeterans said:

@EnglishCop is needed more than ever right now

On 8/1/2018 at 1:56 PM, Dick B Back said:

Help... @EnglishCop!

Edit: Just noticed this is a craig, sorry but we still need @EnglishCop‘s most urgent assistance.

I'm not sure why you guys are asking for my help. I'm here to address issues with English, not whatever gobbledygook @stormngt happened to be using in that post. This is out of my domain, gents.

13 hours ago, Stradling said:

Or you can simply tweet at him. And yes I’ll hook him up with INO.

Hey, Strad, do you work for In and Out?

If so,  why they havent put a restaurant in the Boise, ID area? This is the fastest growing metropolitan area in the country, with 500k or more persons. And it seems like over 50% of the people were from CA, at one point. It's a natural market.

1 minute ago, WeatherWonk said:

Hey, Strad, do you work for In and Out?

If so,  why they havent put a restaurant in the Boise, ID area? This is the fastest growing metropolitan area in the country, with 500k or more persons. And it seems like over 50% of the people were from CA, at one point. It's a natural market.

I am going to sound incredibly ignorant, but I would say it is because it isn’t within an 8 hour drive of any of our three meat distribution centers.  If it is within 8 hour drive of Northern Ca then I am wrong, but I would assume it isn’t.  Sorry I am not super familiar with how far it is from here.  Would it be within 8 hours of Colorado Springs?  By the way I would love to visit Boise as a possible retirement destination.  

10 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I am going to sound incredibly ignorant, but I would say it is because it isn’t within an 8 hour drive of any of our three meat distribution centers.  If it is within 8 hour drive of Northern Ca then I am wrong, but I would assume it isn’t.  Sorry I am not super familiar with how far it is from here.  Would it be within 8 hours of Colorado Springs?  By the way I would love to visit Boise as a possible retirement destination.  

Yeah, it's probably farther than 8 hours. Is your Norcal dist ctr in the Bay Area or Tahoe? Colorado Springs is well east and south of Boise by probably 15 hours. This is Idaho.

Real estate is really hot here, right now. Yet still affordable. There are still 3-4 BR houses in somewhat rural areas for under 200K. It'a absolutely stunning what 400K buys here. Utilities are cheap. Taxes are low. State income tax is 6%, so not really low.

It feels a lot like SoCal, as it is technically desert, but with pine forests within a half our drive, or so. Lots of big rivers.

Boise is a perfect sized city, IMO. 27 miles of bike path along a greenbelt along the Boise river. I live in Eagle and can ride my bike downtown in about a half hour and not deal with a single traffic light. Absolutely flat, all the way and shaded. Lots of theater, venues for top bands, great downtown bar scene. Certainly more liberal than any other area in Idaho, but this is a conservative state. State run liquor stores for hard hooch. One of only two states left in the Union that doesnt even allow medicinal marijuana use. Incredibly low crime rates here;  probably because everyone owns guns and no concealed weapons permit is required for persons over 21. 

It is starting to have significant traffic problems, with all the growth, though. It's a crazy amalgamation of farmland and houses, for the most part. 

Boise is only 2600 feet and averages only about 18 inches of snow per year. Summers are warm. Definitely a four season area. It's called the City of Trees;  I actually think Boise may mean trees in French. 

The town is football crazy over Boise State. I mean, absolutely bananas.  Most people follow the Seahawks or Denver in the NFL. KInda bleak for the avid baseball fan like me, who doesnt much care about football anymore. I go into sports bars and have to ask for baseball to be put on, instead of UFC or NASCAR highlights. There is a short-season baseball team, kind of a low-A class that is affiliated with the Rockies. Boise State is FINALLY supposed to add men's baseball to their program in 2019, I believe.

And, no, I dont sell real estate. I'm retired.

If you come between May and October, we could put you up while you look around. Wife is often gone working fire crews in June thru September. Then it's Mexico, in the winter for us. I'm playing a fair amount of pickleball these days around here. If you play, bring your paddle.

I’ve searched Eagle on Zillow for houses just for shits and gigs.  Our No Cal distribution is in Lathrop which is not too far from SF.  Thank you for the offer,  It may be awhile before I am ready but I might want to visit in the next year or so.  So far it has been a tough sell to the wife, but I am interested in exploring the area.  

3 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I’ve searched Eagle on Zillow for houses just for shits and gigs.  Our No Cal distribution is in Lathrop which is not too far from SF.  Thank you for the offer,  It may be awhile before I am ready but I might want to visit in the next year or so.  So far it has been a tough sell to the wife, but I am interested in exploring the area.  

You will find that Eagle is extremely expensive, for the most part. We DONT AND CANT AFFORD, to live in those neighborhoods. I think there is a guy named Jay that might live in one of THOSE neighborhoods! Jay, you following this?

Is she fearful of the weather? Where do you guys live?