• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

How is Oakland and Seattle better than the Halos?

43 minutes ago, WeatherWonk said:

So, AO, help me with this bit of math.

Given the Ohtani Clause that says he wont hit on any day before, during or after he pitches, will Ohtani hit more or less if he pitched every 5th day instead of 6th day? 

I was also wondering, If one train leaves the station ten minutes before another and is traveling twice as fast, how long before ..........................

If Ohtani pitches in a 5 man rotation, he would then hit less often as he would only DH in the two games per rotation cycle that don't fall the day before/on/day after his start.  That would = some 75-80 DH starts (accounting for off days).

If Ohtani pitches in a 6 man rotation, he would then hit more often as he would DH in the three games per rotation cycle that don't fall the day before/on/day after his start.  That would = some 85-90 DH starts (accounting for off days).

13 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

There are like 20 people at an average A's game. They are lucky to cover the salaries of their AAA roster.

when they're winning they draw over 2 million fans per year. they choose to be cheap which results in poor teams, which keeps fans away. 

it's their own fault 

53 minutes ago, WeatherWonk said:

So, AO, help me with this bit of math.

Given the Ohtani Clause that says he wont hit on any day before, during or after he pitches, will Ohtani hit more or less if he pitched every 5th day instead of 6th day? 

I was also wondering, If one train leaves the station ten minutes before another and is traveling twice as fast, how long before ..........................

I have the second half of the question.

You have to disembark the faster train in Stockton to take the Bus for the rest of the destination because a rare central California stink beetle resides in the path of the Bullet Train and all rail work has been stopped while a wildlife preservation lawsuit makes its way through the courts.

You arrive seven hours and 12 minutes later. 

20 minutes ago, Lou said:

when they're winning they draw over 2 million fans per year. they choose to be cheap which results in poor teams, which keeps fans away. 

it's their own fault 

Is that sustainable though? I really don't know but I don't think that it is.

We have seen that winning is hard when you are trying to sustain it through spending. The return on free agent dollars is very low. I think what is more likely is that if the team were to spend money to retain their players, and try to fill holes in free agency they would not see huge returns on that investment in terms of wins on the field in the long run, and ultimately they would have more expensive losing teams.

More than anything, I think the biggest issue the A's have is that they simply haven't drafted all that well. Their stadium situation has made so that the games are a much harder sell to fans when the team isn't good.

4 hours ago, WeatherWonk said:

So, what are you saying? That we dont need a closer? That we have one? That we need to spend money on 6th-8th inning guys? That we are all fine and dandy in the 'pen?

What conclusion have you reached from this analysis?

My point was you were saying it was less about the starters going longer and more about the closer.  My belief is it is most about our offense.  We have very few save opportunities compared to other teams in our division.  After that I would build a stronger pen, I would sign at the very least a strong set up man.  

12 hours ago, Blarg said:

They were last place in the division 3 years straight previously and not even close to competitive. Since 2007 they've had a sub .500 record 7 times and many if those years sub .470. If you think they are going to be competitive more than two years in a row you don't know the A's. And by competive I mean not fighting for the better draft pick. 

A's fans have jerseys in their closet with their favorite number since the team trades away all the names. 

And yet, since 2007, they have been in the playoffs the same number of times as the Angels.

The salary differential in that time must be nearing a billion (b) dollars.

7 hours ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

There are like 20 people at an average A's game. They are lucky to cover the salaries of their AAA roster.

It's a good thing that teams make at least 50 Mil per year minimum off the National TV deal.  http://awfulannouncing.com/2013/how-mlb-splits-your-tv-dollars.html   This article was written in 2013 when teams were just starting to get their TV deals so --  the current numbers are likely even more inflated than the figures listed here.

The A's are making money..   They don't have to try.

Edited by Inside Pitch

Tonight's silver lining.

Angels circling the drain....  team clearly going nowhere, both the A's and M's are currently better than the Angels -- it sucks, but as of tonight the M's are no longer better than the A's and that sucks a little less

This probably would be better served being posted in Strad's "teams you root against" thread, but whatevs..

Go Oakland Penny-pinchers, extend the Seattle Dipinochas playoff-less streak one more year!

6 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

It's a good thing that teams make at least 50 Mil per year minimum off the National TV deal.  http://awfulannouncing.com/2013/how-mlb-splits-your-tv-dollars.html   This article was written in 2013 when teams were just starting to get their TV deals so -- he current numbers are likely even more inflated than the figures listed here.

The A's are making money..   They don't have to try.

You are missing the part that they actually had to pay the 20 people who attended to be there. Plus do you know how expensive tarpy was to maintain?

3 minutes ago, Lou said:

Since 2002 we've been to the playoff more than the A's.

Some fans measure success by making the playoffs. Some teams, too.

But not you, apparently.

If 2002 is the baseline -- then the Halos have been to the playoffs more than any team in the AL West during that span.   Here's to hoping they start adding to that total again soon.

31 minutes ago, WeatherWonk said:

Well, some fans measure success by making the playoffs. Some teams, too.

But not you, apparently?

The Angels are an incredibly inefficient organization, by this measure of success. Probably only the Mariners are less efficient.

My point is who cares he does what he does with less money.   Part of that is on him.  He doesn’t deserve praise for that.