• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Teams you root against

Dodgers and Red Sox.  The Yankees are back up there again because of their sheer willingness to spend anything to win.  I really want them to lose.

I don't know what I would do if the Dodgers played the Red Sox or the Yankees in the WS.

Probably just crawl into a cave until Spring Training 2019.

2 hours ago, WeatherWonk said:

No, I have it right on. You are doing EXACTLY what I alluded to. You have transferred your hate of Dodger fans to the organization itself.

wrong. if you know your Angels history, you would realize how shitty they treated Gene Autry when he established the franchise.  add in how they displaced the landowners of Chavez Ravine and they can go f*ck themselves.

you're basically the Dodgers' cuckold 

9 minutes ago, Lou said:

wrong. if you know your Angels history, you would realize how shitty they treated Gene Autry when he established the franchise.  add in how they displaced the landowners of Chavez Ravine and they can go f*ck themselves.

you're basically the Dodgers' cuckold 

Completely immaterial to what he said. But you gotta have a take, I guess.

2 hours ago, red321 said:

The Mariners - I spent a good portion of the 2001 season working up in Seattle. Not only did the run daily...this day in 1995 updates...you can't imagine how big the bandwagon was...and fans that were annoying as hell. People who couldn't name a regular player on the Mariners were suddenly acting like they had a dynasty that went back decades. Petitions that the entire all-star team should be the Mariners vs. the NL. Yeah, fuck those assholes and that organization.

That's exactly how I feel about all of the, um, lifelong Seahawks fans.

I used to root against the evil empire, till the BoSox became the sequel, now its meh, whatever. At this point i would rather root for the Yankees than the Sox as ive never liked them as an Angel fan. 
The only other team i root against, is the As for the creation of moneyball and all that goes with it such as these ludicrous shifts and basically turning baseball into live action strat-o-matic.  

3 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

Umm..  Nope.

You have it backwards -- it's a transference of hate for their fans that makes me dislike the team...   Obviously that's not true of all of them, I've met some cool Dodger fans over the years.... But as a whole they are some of the most annoying "fans" I've ever encountered.  Growing up an Angels fan they couldn't freaking stop flapping their gums and talking shit (without provocation), for no other reason other than I was an Angels fan.  They didn't know how to win graciously then, and they certainly haven't taken note of the fact they haven't won a WS in 30 years now.  The best thing I can say about them is that at least they are consistently ill mannered twats, so nothing they do ever surprises me.

I respect their history and they have had some truly great players wear the blue but their fan base can go pound sand.  Ditto Dodger fan apologists.   I've been in Yankee Stadium and Fenway wearing Angels red and never dealt with the garbage or hostility I have in Dodger Stadium. 

Side note..  despite the amount of smack Ranger fans talk on the internet, they are easily some of the coolest most easygoing people ever in their home park.  I've been to about 30-40 games there over the years and never had a bad experience or been met with any hostility.  It's always been a fun time.

But how can you hate their fans? 

F881DAE7-D8C1-4C92-A3FA-F2F34772C891.jpeg

I have hated the Oakland A's as long as I can remember.  They were the original rivals, IMO.  The Billy Beane hero worship fueld my hatred even more, but back in the day - the A's dominated the west (well before Moneyball).   I hate their stadium.  I hate their drum beating fans.  I hate the white shoes their players wear.  Long before the Angels struggled with Boston - it was the A's that were the thorn in their side.  The A's are always at the top of my list.

The other teams I hate is really seasonal.  Right now, I hate the Mariners, Dodgers, Yankees, Red Sox, and Cubs in that order.  There were years where I really hated the White Sox or any team that employed AJ Pierzynski.  I also hated the Rangers and any team that had Kinsler on it.  And yes, I absolutely hated the fact that Kinsler wore an Angels uniform.  I openly rooted for the Cubs to lose the WS a couple years ago... I didn't care that they hadn't won in a million years. 

I don't hate the Astros.  Never hated the Padres, Royals, Twins, Brewers, or Diamondbacks to name a few. 

Over the years, I also hated the Boston Celtics.  No other team comes close.  Now, I don't give a rip about basketball.

25 minutes ago, True Grich said:

I have hated the Oakland A's as long as I can remember.  They were the original rivals, IMO.  The Billy Beane hero worship fueld my hatred even more, but back in the day - the A's dominated the west (well before Moneyball).   I hate their stadium.  I hate their drum beating fans.  I hate the white shoes their players wear.  Long before the Angels struggled with Boston - it was the A's that were the thorn in their side.  The A's are always at the top of my list.

The other teams I hate is really seasonal.  Right now, I hate the Mariners, Dodgers, Yankees, Red Sox, and Cubs in that order.  There were years where I really hated the White Sox or any team that employed AJ Pierzynski.  I also hated the Rangers and any team that had Kinsler on it.  And yes, I absolutely hated the fact that Kinsler wore an Angels uniform.  I openly rooted for the Cubs to lose the WS a couple years ago... I didn't care that they hadn't won in a million years. 

I don't hate the Astros.  Never hated the Padres, Royals, Twins, Brewers, or Diamondbacks to name a few. 

Over the years, I also hated the Boston Celtics.  No other team comes close.  Now, I don't give a rip about basketball.

+1 - except for the Cubs, and this season wanting the A'th to topple the Dip*ssies for the 2nd WC spot to stick it to him

Add in (for LB State alums) CS Fullerton baseball since the late 1980s (although Snow vs Garrido/Horton was classic) and CS Fullerton basketball in the 1970s (including the infamous 1977 PCAA tournament semifinal game with numerous fights in the stands).   LB/Fullerton basketball may have been as classic of a West Coast college basketball rivalry as there was in the mid-late 1970s; and baseball goes without saying.

13 hours ago, WeatherWonk said:

No, I have it right on. You are doing EXACTLY what I alluded to. You have transferred your hate of Dodger fans to the organization itself.

And that's a problem, how?

Look, the organization wasn't all roses. This isn't a case of mistaking a dislike for the Dodgers because of just one facet. It's because, as an Angels fan, there is enough history to dislike that organization that stole the Angels logo and claimed it for their own. The O'Malleys fucked over the Angels when they leased them the stadium, charging them for shit like office window cleaning when they were in the basement. 

The McCourts were everything a douchebag couple from Boston could ever be, reniging on debts and driving the longstanding fanbase from the 60's out of the Ravine and replacing them with teardrop gansters.

So yeah, the fans suck but the Dodgers management sucked for decades as well.