• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Teams you root against

Dodgers, Red Sox, Mariners and Rangers.

Football - Pats and Skins.
Basketball - Fat Antonio, Celtics, Knicks.
Every collegiate sport -- USC.
Hockey -- San Jose

I also root against Tiger Woods mostly because when he was good the coverage of him was nauseating -- when he lost it wasn't THIS GUY WON, it was Tiger comes up short..  Just always chapped me.  

34 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Dodgers, Red Sox, Mariners and Rangers.

Football - Pats and Skins.
Basketball - Fat Antonio, Celtics, Knicks.

Every collegiate sport -- USC.
Hockey -- San Jose

I also root against Tiger Woods mostly because when he was good the coverage of him was nauseating -- when he lost it wasn't THIS GUY WON, it was Tiger comes up short..  Just always chapped me.  

I agree 

Wow, so much Dodger envy evident in this thread. So much transference of hate for the Dodger fans. The Dodgers havent been my favorite team since the breakup of the Cey, Russell, Lopes and Garvey infield. But I still dont hate them.

Truth be told, I tend to root for ANY West Coast team that is successful. Yes, even the Mariners. That bias extends as far east as probably St. Louis. I lived there for a while as a kid and continue to appreciate their organization.

I only dislike the Red Sox. And even with them, I admire all their good, young players. And I have also admired Pedroia and Papi for a long time. 

In truth, there is NO team in baseball I hate. I enjoy the different methods of building a team. I enjoy the rivalries. I enjoy the competition. I will root for ANY underdog;  yes, even ones that appear to have "tanked" to get there. They and their fans have paid their dues and sung the blues to get there.

What I dislike most is the direction of the game towards a more pitching-dominant direction AND the swing-for-the-fences reaction that that is causing. The resulting increase in Ks and decrease in hits is really appalling. The emphasis on hard throwers for short stints and the astronomic increase in TJ surgery is also part of this. That, I hate.

Root against the A's, M's, and Rangers. 

The A's because of history, their artificially imposed cheapness, the incessant drum beat in their stadium, and for constant Billy Beane-stroking by the media.  They choose to not spend, despite having the money, and Beane gets kudos for putting a "competitive" sub-.500 team on the field every year?  Yeah, don't give a rat's ass.  

The M's because of '95, because they spawned ARod, because of Dipoto, because they decided to hang a banner with "116 Wins" on it, despite losing in the ALCS, and because they are currently in our way.

The Rangers because of their history of douchebag players (Roughned Odor picked up that torch recently and ran with it), their stadium where our starters would go to die, because Josh Hamilton chose not to re-sign there dammit, and because of previous heated September pennant race battles.  One of my favorite sports memories where the Angels did not win was watching Nelson Cruz attempt to catch a flyball that would have sealed the Rangers World Series victory in 2011 and failed:

Image result for 2011 world series nelson cruz error

I guess I should have animosity for the Astros but they are a neutral so far.  Apart from red-ass Verlander, I like their players like Altuve, Springer, Bregman, and Correa.  Also, they kept the Dodgers from winning the World Series last season with an epic comeback against Kershaw in game 5, and they are currently the best shot of keeping both the Red Sox and Yankees out of the World Series...they get a pass for now.  Just not enough history.

Which segues nicely into me rooting against the Red Sox and Yankees.  The Red Sox one should be obvious but, additionally, their fans are shittiest.  Whenever I came to the stadium during a home series , it was these imbeciles who would pass out at the tables or start fights in the parking lot.  It was so much nicer when they were just good enough to lose epically in the most crucial moments, especially to the Yankees...in Boston.  The worst thing to happen to baseball is 2004...they got that mental monkey off their back and they were empowered.

The Yankees for many reasons but mostly because of their fans...you have the sad Dodgers fans who haven't won since '88 who choose them as their "AL team" despite the Yankees history of utterly owning the Dodgers in the World Series...then you have the NY transplants in the office that want to chat you up about the awesomeness of Aaron Judge, who seemingly spout "27!" like some involuntary spasm and like to complain that SoCAl "has no real seasons" despite moving out of NY predominately because of the weather...lastly, it's the baseball "fans" that adopt the Yankees as "their" team just to glom on to a perceived winner.  Additionally, I hate that little league stadium with its short-ass right field that made ARod clutch for a moment in 2009.

Also, I hate the Dodgers for many reasons but mostly the years of being an Angels fan surrounded by Dodgers "fans" during the 70's and 80's in Orange County (Boy, those hats and pennant disappeared real fast after '88 became a distant memory).  Watching their game 5 collapse last season made me misty...

20 minutes ago, WeatherWonk said:

Wow, so much Dodger envy evident in this thread. So much transference of hate for the Dodger fans. The Dodgers havent been my favorite team since the breakup of the Cey, Russell, Lopes and Garvey infield. But I still dont hate them.

Umm..  Nope.

You have it backwards -- it's a transference of hate for their fans that makes me dislike the team...   Obviously that's not true of all of them, I've met some cool Dodger fans over the years.... But as a whole they are some of the most annoying "fans" I've ever encountered.  Growing up an Angels fan they couldn't freaking stop flapping their gums and talking shit (without provocation), for no other reason other than I was an Angels fan.  They didn't know how to win graciously then, and they certainly haven't taken note of the fact they haven't won a WS in 30 years now.  The best thing I can say about them is that at least they are consistently ill mannered twats, so nothing they do ever surprises me.

I respect their history and they have had some truly great players wear the blue but their fan base can go pound sand.  Ditto Dodger fan apologists.   I've been in Yankee Stadium and Fenway wearing Angels red and never dealt with the garbage or hostility I have in Dodger Stadium. 

Side note..  despite the amount of smack Ranger fans talk on the internet, they are easily some of the coolest most easygoing people ever in their home park.  I've been to about 30-40 games there over the years and never had a bad experience or been met with any hostility.  It's always been a fun time.

I don’t know, I think Turner and Kershaw whining like bitches about Ohtani is a recent enough example of the lame entitlement the actual organization has.  These guys literally were pretending that they got disrespected because they weren’t smiled at enough or some shit. 

They’re obnoxious as shit.  Where do you suspect the fans get it from ? We’re talking about an organization that jerks itself off over an announcer more then any of its players.  Literally everything they do is 24k gold.  Even if it’s shit, as far as they’re concerned.  And they will never ever stop talking about any of it. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

The Mariners - I spent a good portion of the 2001 season working up in Seattle. Not only did the run daily...this day in 1995 updates...you can't imagine how big the bandwagon was...and fans that were annoying as hell. People who couldn't name a regular player on the Mariners were suddenly acting like they had a dynasty that went back decades. Petitions that the entire all-star team should be the Mariners vs. the NL. Yeah, fuck those assholes and that organization.

4 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I don’t know, I think Turner and Kershaw whining like bitches about Ohtani is a recent enough example of the lame entitlement the actual organization has.  These guys literally were pretending that they got disrespected because they weren’t smiled at enough or some shit. 

They’re obnoxious as shit.  Where do you suspect the fans get it from ? We’re talking about an organization that jerks itself off over an announcer more then any of its players.  Literally everything they do is 24k gold.  Even if it’s shit, as far as they’re concerned.  And they will never ever stop talking about any of it. 

Sorry but the fans do not get it from the players, they get it from their upbringing and the mob mentality fans can have.  My ex wife’s entire family was Dodger fans and they were great and respectful.  Most of the rest I have ever met have this entitled bullshit going on.  Most speak of the teams rich tradition, a tradition that hasn’t been relevant for 30 years.  I absolutely hate the Dodger fans more than the Dodgers.  I have had no issues wearing my Angel stuff to Yankee stadium.  Then again the last time I wore my Angel stuff to Dodger stadium was back when the Dodgers were bad and no one really cared, but my FIL at the time did say part of why that was true was because of where we were sitting, he had amazing season seats.  

@Inside Pitch it is funny you mention how great the fans are at Arlington.  I went there on opening day after we signed Hamilton.  They were awful to Hamilton and his family, which is whatever.  But coming down the escalator the lady behind me, punched me in the shoulder (I was wearing a Trout jersey).  Now it wasn’t like she was trying to hurt me, but it also wasn’t a tap.  I half expected to turn around and see someone I know even though I was 1500 miles away from home.  Nope, just some stranger, who was dared to punch an Angel fan.  I wasn’t bothered by it, just found it ironic you mentioned them as a great fan base.  

Mostly the Dodgers because I get to see the dissatisfaction Dodger fans get every single year. It's hilarious really. They get everyone they want every year and seem to always have the talent to make a run at it, but they always find a way to choke on the cack. 

I also hate the Red Sox and the Yankees, but I will really enjoy watching those two teams go at it if they get the chance to play each other this year.

26 minutes ago, WeatherWonk said:

No, I have it right on. You are doing EXACTLY what I alluded to. You have transferred your hate of Dodger fans to the organization itself.

Fair enough, I misinterpreted what you were saying then..   But, I hold no hate for the team itself.  I root against it because their fans are louts.   I think Kershaw is amazing, I think the work their front office did when they first got there is again amazing and I respect their history.   

4 minutes ago, Stradling said:

@Inside Pitch it is funny you mention how great the fans are at Arlington.  I went there on opening day after we signed Hamilton.  They were awful to Hamilton and his family, which is whatever.  But coming down the escalator the lady behind me, punched me in the shoulder (I was wearing a Trout jersey).  Now it wasn’t like she was trying to hurt me, but it also wasn’t a tap.  I half expected to turn around and see someone I know even though I was 1500 miles away from home.  Nope, just some stranger, who was dared to punch an Angel fan.  I wasn’t bothered by it, just found it ironic you mentioned them as a great fan base.  

No clue how soon after him going to Anaheim you were there, but the last time I went was a good year into his tenure in Anaheim and I'm guessing the rancor had cooled off.   Or maybe they just liked that I agreed with them that he was a POS...  

2 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

Mostly the Dodgers because I get to see the dissatisfaction Dodger fans get every single year. It's hilarious really. They get everyone they want every year and seem to always have the talent to make a run at it, but they always find a way to choke on the cack. 

I also hate the Red Sox and the Yankees, but I will really enjoy watching those two teams go at it if they get the chance to play each other this year.

I am sure I will get shit for this, but I love watching the Red Sox play the Yankees.  

1 minute ago, Inside Pitch said:

Fair enough, I misinterpreted what you were saying then..   But, I hold no hate for the team itself.  I root against it because their fans are louts.   I think Kershaw is amazing, I think the work their front office did when they first got there is again amazing and I respect their history.   

No clue how soon after him going to Anaheim you were there, but the last time I went was a good year into his tenure in Anaheim and I'm guessing the rancor had cooled off.   Or maybe they just liked that I agreed with them that he was a POS...  

I was there in the Rangers home opener the year we signed him.  That year we started the season with a 2 or 3 game series against the Reds in Cincy, I was at game 3 or 4 of the season in 2013.  

1 minute ago, hangin n wangin said:

That is just good baseball. If we aren't in it, I want to see good baseball. Obviously, I hope they both lose at some point, but it's fun to watch.

I don't even know if it is good baseball, but it is certainly intriguing and interesting baseball.  They are long ass games, which is annoying, but dramatic baseball for sure.  

My Dodger hate started in 1974. Watching some phony Mr Clean win the write-in MVP when he wasn't even the best player on his own team. And some camera lovin 3rd base coach who soon became the manager.I lived close enough to see the Disney fireworks every night but was surrounded by the Dodger bandwagon. Nauseating for me even as a 10 year old

For me it's the dodgers and there isn't a close second.

If I had to choose an AL west team I'd probably say the Rangers. I respect the Astros for rebuilding through their farm to go from maybe the worst team in baseball to WS champs in like what, 5 years? I live in the east bay now and all the A's fans are just the people who didn't hop on the Giants bandwagon (which is pretty annoying fan base) and are pretty intelligent baseball fans. I love seattle as a city and have some close friends that are mariners fans so I can swallow a little pride when they do well too.

34 minutes ago, red321 said:

The Mariners - I spent a good portion of the 2001 season working up in Seattle. Not only did the run daily...this day in 1995 updates...you can't imagine how big the bandwagon was...and fans that were annoying as hell. People who couldn't name a regular player on the Mariners were suddenly acting like they had a dynasty that went back decades. Petitions that the entire all-star team should be the Mariners vs. the NL. Yeah, F*ck those assholes and that organization.

Fall of 95 right before the playoffs...  I was up there in time to see their local papers run primers prior to the playoffs -- they were actually posting the rules to the game.... stuff like, 3 strikes is an out, 4 balls is a walk...  I can't imagine any other city where the local media felt the need to actually print out a baseball 101 for the fans.  But everything you said about them in 2001 was also true in 95.   Every M's player ever is refered to with a Y after their name as if that somehow makes them more relatable.   And be it the 12th man or Kings Court.. they ALWAYS seem to find a way to immerse themselves into the equation as if they were partially responsible for the team's success.   It's really kind of funny.