• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Teams you root against

I don’t think we will have a lot of surprises with this thread, but lets do it anyway.  Which baseball team do you hate the most and why?  Which teams do you openly root against?  

For me the team I hate the most is the Red Sox, they have just been the assholes we have struggled to get past in the past and 1986 sucked really bad for 15 year old Stradling.  I also hate that they used to bitch about how much money the Yankees spent although they were right behind them in the spending.

After that I root against the Dodgers, I don’t hate them nearly as much as I did as a kid.  As a kid if you grew up in So Cal and were an Angel fan, you got a ton of shit from all the Dodger fans.  These days, after my brother Paul passed away and was buried in a Dodger jersey, well, I just can’t hate them nearly as much as I once did.  So instead of hating them as much as I do the Red Sox, I simply root against them.  

After those two, it really does come down to the flavor of the month.  Right now I truly hate the Mariners and I will admit it is solely because of Dipoto and the effect he had on this team.  I can also see myself hating the Astros because of their recent acquisition of the wife beater.  

I am one of the rare guys that respect the Yankees more than I hate them.  I would root for them over the Dodgers, Mariners, Astros and Red Sox.   

So who you got????

I root against the BoSox and Giants. I don't root for the Yankees, nor do I hate them, but I respect how they always try to put themselves  in The position to go for it.

i don't care about the Dodgers one way or the other.

Pretty much right there with you. I could never pull for Boston unless there was a direct benefit to the Angels. Although I was always a big Scully fan I just couldn’t root for the Dodgers. Yankees? I agree there, too. I don’t generally want them to win but their fan base is much more tolerable to me than the Red Sox base since they handle winning a bit better. 

Also, I can’t stand Bay Area teams. Oddly enough, though, I can put up with the A’s as long as they aren’t too successful probably because of their little brother status compared to the Giants.

I try to not to dis-like teams but gotta admit it's very tough not to root against Boston.

I like most MLB teams and try to stay positive.

now, in the NHL --- San Jose Sharks and after last year, I beginning to get a rival feel against the Vegas Golden Knights -- all in good fun with them - though -- what a great story that team was this past season........but they swept my Kings away--- didn't like that much. Felt like the intensity of feeling as in the  Sharks playoff series of the past........

The Dodgers, Red Sox, Rangers and Yankees.

They say that hate is taught and I couldn't agree more.  My father hated the Dodgers and passed that along to me.  The hate was compounded when I was young and growing up in Alhambra surrounded by Dodger fans.  This was during the heyday of the Dodgers (60's and 70's) and their fans were always ragging on me continuously about my fandom.

Giants. Their recent wins have made their new fans up here unbearable. 

The Mariners. Dipoto mostly. 

The Astros don’t bother me at all even being in the division and winning recently. A’s currently don’t bother me. I like Olson and Davis a lot. Rangers will always rub me the wrong way after a couple somewhat decent seasons. 

And of course the Yankees, Red Sox, and Dodgers

11 minutes ago, disarcina said:

now, in the NHL --- San Jose Sharks and after last year, I beginning to get a rival feel against the Vegas Golden Knights -- all in good fun with them - though -- what a great story that team was this past season........but they swept my Kings away--- didn't like that much. Felt like the intensity of feeling as in the  Sharks playoff series of the past........

Amazing story locally. People who never cared about hockey before got on board. We didn't get the ending that we wanted, but it was an incredible and unexpected ride. I thought that they would be lucky to win more than 20-25 games.

Astros are new and young to the division so no big deal on the rivalry. Mariners I never feel they are a threat even w Dipoto. A’s can’t realky hate have to respect what they do with the 15 cents they are given to spend yearly. I root mostly against Boston Yankees Cubs and Dodgers in that order. I don’t know why but I truly dislike when the Cubs won. It took some nostalgia away from baseball.