• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday: 7/31 Angels @ Rays

16 minutes ago, CanadianHalo said:

We talking the same Royals who won the World Series in 2015? You’re right we definitely aren’t them. 

Skaggs isn’t the difference between us competing or not in 2019.

Right...how them Royals doing now three seasons later? Maybe they'll be competitive again in ANOTHER 30 years.

You trade Skaggs, you are ensure they are not competitive in 2019.  Luckily, Eppler isn't that short sighted

3 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Scioscia definitely doesn't believe in a comeback tonight.

WTH is Ramirez still doing in there and why has Bedrosian been warming for like the last half-hour?!

Ramirez needs to be replaced by one of the two Red Sox guys....

4 minutes ago, mulwin444 said:

Right...how them Royals doing now three seasons later? Maybe they'll be competitive again in ANOTHER 30 years.

You trade Skaggs, you are ensure they are not competitive in 2019.  Luckily, Eppler isn't that short sighted

Lol at trading Skaggs ensures being not competitive in 2019...

Some of you overvalue some of our guys like crazy. 

When I say “sell high” we’d be getting back a major league ready prospect or two as part of a package. Skaggs can’t even be relied on to stay healthy. 

I guess we’ll just have to wait and see how Skaggs performs the rest of the season and next then revisit this

Just now, CanadianHalo said:

When I say “sell high” we’d be getting back a major league ready prospect or two as part of a package. Skaggs can’t even be relied on to stay healthy. 

I guess we’ll just have to wait and see how Skaggs performs the rest of the season and next then revisit this

no,we can only revisit this if you name the major league prospects we'd be getting in return so we can evaluate your proposal in earnest.

so, who are we getting in return?

5 minutes ago, CanadianHalo said:

We need young, cost controlled starting pitching...that's Skaggs.  What you are proposing makes no sense

10 minutes ago, Lou said:

no,we can only revisit this if you name the major league prospects we'd be getting in return so we can evaluate your proposal in earnest.

so, who are we getting in return?

We can definitely revisit this without any prospects being named. 

I just think Skaggs’ stock will go down and that he can’t be relied on to stay healthy. For those two reasons I would’ve like to have seen Billy (not me) get a couple guys for him. 

Maybe the offers weren’t there and that’s fine, I’m not saying trade Skaggs for the sake of trading him either. But I hope Billy at least entertained offers. Some of you are making it sound like even the thought of entertaining offers would be dumb.

1 minute ago, CanadianHalo said:

We can definitely revisit this without any prospects being named. 

I just think Skaggs’ stock will go down and that he can’t be relied on to stay healthy. For those two reasons I would’ve like to have seen Billy (not me) get a couple guys for him. 

Maybe the offers weren’t there and that’s fine, I’m not saying trade Skaggs for the sake of trading him either. But I hope Billy at least entertained offers. Some of you are making it sound like that even the thought of entertaining offers would be dumb.

No, we can't