• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Downside of the Kinsler trade

Glen

He's hitting .202 .254 .594 OPS -0.8 WAR

They've tried him in a starting platoon...as a lefthanded power option off the bench...he's failed in every aspect and at every chance he's been given.

At some point his salary won't matter as much as his poor performance and it's effect on the team.

I don't think he's long for this roster.

1 minute ago, mulwin444 said:

They've tried him in a starting platoon...as a lefthanded power option off the bench...he's failed in every aspect and at every chance he's been given.

At some point his salary won't matter as much as his poor performance and it's effect on the team.

Yeah, I give him two months.

6 minutes ago, mulwin444 said:

I thought that a month ago. Even started a thread about it. And yet, here we are. 

Does every team have their Valbuena? It can't be just us.

20 minutes ago, Glen said:

I thought that a month ago. Even started a thread about it. And yet, here we are. 

Yes, we have Claude.

To release him would mean Arte eats more bad FA crow. A dish he must be getting tired of, by now. Must keep up appearances.

BTW, I was watching some of the Angels-Mariners game on Sunday, about mid-game,  and the stands looked REALLY empty. I mean from every angle, including behind HP, there were lots of empty seats. Then I looked up the published attendance and it was supposedly over 35K. That's completely bogus! There couldnt have been more than around 20-25k in the stands. The lowly A's are probably outdrawing us, at this point.

Now, a seven run first inning will weed out a few fans but it looked like the Angel faithful are mailing in the season, too.

The greatest upside to trading Kinsler is aquiring more prospect depth and letting the kids get some major league at bats.

We landed a couple AAA relievers and instead, we'll just get more Valbuena and Cowart. 

Cool.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see what those guys we got back can do in the Angels bullpen, but it sounds like right now, they'll be used only as depth pieces.

I'd love to see Ward at 3B, Fletcher at 2B and Fernandez over at Valbuena's 1B/3B spot. I mean the combined batting average if those three in AAA has to be .340.

10 minutes ago, Glen said:

Mets have Reyes (.176 .250 .485 OPS -1.2 WAR)

Marlins have good 'ol JB Shuck (.192 .255 .486 OPS -0.8 WAR)

Pirates have Sean Rodriguez (.169 .285 .609 OPS -0.3 WAR)

Cardinals have Dexter Fowler, although he's owed a shit-ton (.179 .274 .575 OPS -1.3 WAR)

Dodgers have Logan Forsythe (.207 .270 .560 OPS -0.6 WAR)

Giants have Hunter Pence (.219 .260 .560 OPS -0.3 WAR)

There are a few, to be sure, but Valbuena has done little to distinguish himself over his two seasons in LAA.  I guess he is popular in the clubhouse (I've heard) so maybe he's been given some extra consideration but he should no be put in a position to impact a game if possible.

14 minutes ago, WeatherWonk said:

To release him would mean Arte eats more bad FA crow. A dish he must be getting tired of, by now. Must keep up appearances.

BTW, I was watching some of the Angels-Mariners game on Sunday, about mid-game,  and the stands looked REALLY empty. I mean from every angle, including behind HP, there were lots of empty seats. Then I looked up the published attendance and it was supposedly over 35K. That's completely bogus! There couldnt have been more than around 20-25k in the stands. The lowly A's are probably outdrawing us, at this point.

Now, a seven run first inning will weed out a few fans but it looked like the Angel faithful are mailing in the season, too.

You should start looking at StubHub and 714tickets for those missing fans in the stands. 

Btw I was there and it was hot as hell

simpsons GIF

6 minutes ago, floplag said:

Not necessarily, im not sure they called up Cowart to sit.  They could have gone with Valbuena or Marte and left him on the farm. 
I wouldnt be too shocked if they go with Fletcher and Cowart as the starters, in fact i kinda hope they do. 

Me too.  Cowart provides a better chance to win than Valbuena based on defense alone.

1 hour ago, mulwin444 said:

Mets have Reyes (.176 .250 .485 OPS -1.2 WAR)

Marlins have good 'ol JB Shuck (.192 .255 .486 OPS -0.8 WAR)

Pirates have Sean Rodriguez (.169 .285 .609 OPS -0.3 WAR)

Cardinals have Dexter Fowler, although he's owed a shit-ton (.179 .274 .575 OPS -1.3 WAR)

Dodgers have Logan Forsythe (.207 .270 .560 OPS -0.6 WAR)

Giants have Hunter Pence (.219 .260 .560 OPS -0.3 WAR)

There are a few, to be sure, but Valbuena has done little to distinguish himself over his two seasons in LAA.  I guess he is popular in the clubhouse (I've heard) so maybe he's been given some extra consideration but he should no be put in a position to impact a game if possible.

JB Shuck!

43 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Me too.  Cowart provides a better chance to win than Valbuena based on defense alone.

agreed, plus we simply need to know if hes in the future plans regardless. 
There is literally no reason to not give him the shot really.  

3 hours ago, Glen said:

Valbuena is now our starting 3b.

Predict Valbuena will start against righties and Marte against lefties at 3B.

Coward will be utility infielder backing up Fletcher at second and Simmons at SS and late inning defensive replacement at 3B...he had his shot at starting at 3B and failed to hit in the limited number at bats he was given. 

Neither Valbuena or Marte can play 2B...well at least Valbuena shouldn't since he's only played 3B and 1B this year.

As much as I think Ward, Renifigo, and Thaiss all will be up in September, none of those three are on the 40-man roster.

So that's why we're getting Valbuena and Marte and Cowart.