• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Pitching and defense - oh how I miss the days

Lol, I really do miss those days, which is funny considering their weak offenses used to drive me CRAZY

I'll take it any day over this crap though that's for sure. Give me Erstad hitting CLEANUP or Jeff DaVanon at DH, as long as it meant the team could pitch and the pen was lights out

Rember when... We used to bitch about no offense. But

Could score 3-4 runs a game and hold. Quality start, hand it over in the 7th,8th and close like clockwork.

Potential offense will never overcome poor pitching.

Poorly constructed team. Hard to watch.

Few people here  understand this. Texas is 13-0 in saves after losing their big bat.

Lol, I really do miss those days, which is funny considering their weak offenses used to drive me CRAZY

I'll take it any day over this crap though that's for sure. Give me Erstad hitting CLEANUP or Jeff DaVanon at DH, as long as it meant the team could pitch and the pen was lights out

For sure. With ya. Case of be careful for what you wish for.

I used to hate the fact that I was always on pins and needles watching them hold, watching Frankie close. But at least it was engaging to say the least. In retrospect a hell of a lot of fun to watch. Never thought I'd miss small ball but...

Needless to say they missed the mark building this team. It's a fine line and JD missed it.

I loved the days of pitching, defense, and team speed. It worked for our ballpark, it was contrarian to the rest of the AL. It made me a baseball fan.

Our rotation might end up working out(Weaver, Wilson, Vargas, Hanson, WILLIAMS), but for the love of god we threw a nobody out there in a 2 run game in the 8th. 7-8-9 inning relievers gotta be nails. We have nobody. No prospects in the minor to become/be traded for the relief pitching we need.

Yep , exactly. MS, the king of small ball in the AL. Unfortunately it does not work without pitching top to bottom. Unfortunately It seems we are more than a few pieces away from that. No pitching vs offense balance.

Get buried and the offense presses. Never workes out in the long run.

My biggest beef over the last 3+ years has been the lack of a quality bullpen.  There is nothing worse than having leads past the 6th and having it not hold up.  It's my biggest beef with JD to this point. 

Well, to be fair to JD, Madson, Burnett, and Jepsen are out. These are guys that can hold down leads in the late innings.