• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Osuna?

10 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I literally spelled out the differences between Mike Vick and those “other guys” I didn’t qualify the severity of what he did vs. the others because  I don’t see the point of that here.   Mike Vick paid a price.  I acknowledged that and said that in my opinion, he’s worthy of a second chance.  If you want to call it “glitzy PR” that’s your opinion. What else do you think he should have done ? Do you think all these guys should just be banished from society forever? If that’s what you think then just fuc*kng say that. 

You just spout bullshit about everything.  Earlier you were calling distaste for Ozuna an SJW thing.  The most absurd post in the thread.  Then you say you were “joking”

OK.

I think it’s actually just par for the course for you.  

You're the one making judgements about people, not me. According to you, Vick is worthy of a second chance because he told the media sorry. Why isn't Osuna worthy of that? 

6 minutes ago, failos said:

You're the one making judgements about people, not me. According to you, Vick is worthy of a second chance because he told the media sorry. Why isn't Osuna worthy of that? 

Because he beat the shit out of a woman.  One of the lowest things you can imagine.  Talk to me when he's done some time.

Just now, mtangelsfan said:

Because he beat the shit out of a woman.  One of the lowest things you can imagine.  Talk to me when he's done some time.

As far as I know, Osuna isn't guilty of any crime. I'm sure he did beat his wife/gf, and I agree with you. But, my issue with underthehalo is his comparison with Vick. I contend that they're all scumbags, regardless of any media apology.

Michael Vick is just a strange person to bring up. He's especially heinous and undeserving of any kind of second chance. He is a killer. Wrong comparison period.

I didn’t bring Vick up.  Someone else did.  It’s fine that you think he’s beyond redemption.  That’s an opinion.  But he did not just say “sorry” to the media.  He went to prison.  He lost million and millions of dollars and his home.  All well deserved.  I’m not arguing that Mike Vick is innocent.  I’m just saying that he served the perscribed punishment.  He’s since done things to atone.  For me, that’s an acceptable penance.  

I love animals.  Mike Vick did a truly despicable thing.  I personally do think that if you examine the context, while it’s awful.  It’s not the same as beating a human being like Ozuna did.  Anyway, this isn’t a thing to debate.  Both things are bad.  We can leave it at that.  IMO.  By all means disagree.  My issue was your apparent joke.  

3 minutes ago, failos said:

As far as I know, Osuna isn't guilty of any crime. I'm sure he did beat his wife/gf, and I agree with you. But, my issue with underthehalo is his comparison with Vick. I contend that they're all scumbags, regardless of any media apology.

Michael Vick is just a strange person to bring up. He's especially heinous and undeserving of any kind of second chance. He is a killer. Wrong comparison period.

Osuna isn't guilty of a crime?  How is beating up a woman not a crime?

Also, at least Vick did time and whether he meant it or no, he did the whole "mea culpa" thing, it took him a few years to get back into the NFL.  I might add that his career was never the same.  I would say he paid some price for his disgusting behavior.  More than Ray Lewis did or a lot of athletes who beat women.

2 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

Osuna isn't guilty of a crime?  How is beating up a woman not a crime?

Also, at least Vick did time and whether he meant it or no, he did the whole "mea culpa" thing, it took him a few years to get back into the NFL.  I might add that his career was never the same.  I would say he paid some price for his disgusting behavior.  More than Ray Lewis did or a lot of athletes who beat women.

I was referring to Osuna being guilty in a court of law since you brought up the fact that Vick served time.

8 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I didn’t bring Vick up.  Someone else did.  It’s fine that you think he’s beyond redemption.  That’s an opinion.  But he did not just say “sorry” to the media.  He went to prison.  He lost million and millions of dollars and his home.  All well deserved.  I’m not arguing that Mike Vick is innocent.  I’m just saying that he served the perscribed punishment.  He’s since done things to atone.  For me, that’s an acceptable penance.  

I love animals.  Mike Vick did a truly despicable thing.  I personally do think that if you examine the context, while it’s awful.  It’s not the same as beating a human being like Ozuna did.  Anyway, this isn’t a thing to debate.  Both things are bad.  We can leave it at that.  IMO.  By all means disagree.  My issue was your apparent joke.  

My joke was in reference to a thread you must've missed. I am also an animal lover which is why I have such strong feelings against Vick. 

Don't take everything so personally, though. I really have nothing against you, and we all agree anyways. Let's bury the hatchet. 

Edited by failos

5 minutes ago, failos said:

My joke was in reference to a thread you must've missed. I am also an animal lover which is why I have such strong feelings against Vick. 

Don't take everything so personally, though. I really have nothing against you, and we all agree anyways. Let's bury the hatchet. 

Nothing personal.  Fine to move on. 

39 minutes ago, failos said:

You are short selling all the work Vick did after his time in jail working with the humane society and with legislatures to get animal rights laws passed.

I'm not arguing Vick deserved a second chance, but he's done far far more than just say he's sorry. Along with Ray Rice, he's done more to back up his apology than any athlete I can remember.

6 hours ago, Lou said:

That's no excuse. If people who think this way have seen the video, they're a POS, too. 

There is no video of Osuna's alleged action.  Also, the police have released very little detail about it.  We won't know exactly what he did until the trial.

you are correct. someone had posted the other Astros POS as Osuna. 

however:

a source with intimate knowledge of Osuna’s Arrest sent this to me today:

“…14 Division where Osuna was held last night….Osuna threw a few punches and also threw his GF down a set of stairs….”

8 minutes ago, Lou said:

however:

“…14 Division where Osuna was held last night….Osuna threw a few punches and also threw his GF down a set of stairs….”

Definitely doesn't look good and I don't think MLB would have suspended him without really believing he did it.  That said, he is innocent until proven guilty.

15 minutes ago, Lou said:

however:

He threw her down the stairs? That’s like attempted murder. Dude should be banned from baseball.

40 minutes ago, eaterfan said:

You are short selling all the work Vick did after his time in jail working with the humane society and with legislatures to get animal rights laws passed.

I'm not arguing Vick deserved a second chance, but he's done far far more than just say he's sorry. Along with Ray Rice, he's done more to back up his apology than any athlete I can remember.

I hadn’t known that. I thought it was just another athlete trying to save his image.

I stand corrected.

Justin Verlander on Roberto Osuna: "The thing for us to remember here, is that the details haven’t come to light … Obviously, I’ve said some pretty inflammatory things about stuff like this in the past and I stand by my words."

we'll see about that, Justin

1 hour ago, failos said:

1 hour ago, UndertheHalo said:

Nothing personal.  Fine to move on. 

I'd prefer that you two idiots continue arguing. It's fun to watch.

I'm just kidding.

I actually prefer that you two idiots make up.

I like harmony.

4 minutes ago, Lou said:

Justin Verlander on Roberto Osuna: "The thing for us to remember here, is that the details haven’t come to light … Obviously, I’ve said some pretty inflammatory things about stuff like this in the past and I stand by my words."

Yeah, I"m guessing after a few key saves it'll be nothing but smiles and grab-assery in the clubhouse. 

11 minutes ago, Lou said:

He said he stands by his words. He didn’t backtrack anything he’s said. Other than saying he won’t play for the Astros I don’t know what he’s supposed to do. At least he didn’t do the token response. With he’s a teammate now and have to support him. 

9 minutes ago, RallyMo said:

I'd prefer that you two idiots continue arguing. It's fun to watch.

I'm just kidding.

I actually prefer that you two idiots make up.

I like harmony.

I was hoping we'd bicker indefinitely like Dinesh and Guillfoyle from the show Silicon Valley.