• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday: 7/29 Mariners @ Angels

2 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

It didn't say that. It's a bad score, but that actual level of suck is not entirely his fault, and is not sustainable in the long run.

Maybe I just wish they called it something different then. Wins Above Replacement player doesn't fit for the pitching stat. Position player WAR tells you what value the player had. Pitcher WAR doesn't. I don't think Pena is going to do that every time out. It was quantifiably bad, even if you take out Upton's defensive impact. 

6 minutes ago, 101halo said:

Maybe I just wish they called it something different then. Wins Above Replacement player doesn't fit for the pitching stat. Position player WAR tells you what value the player had. Pitcher WAR doesn't. I don't think Pena is going to do that every time out. It was quantifiably bad, even if you take out Upton's defensive impact. 

You'd like the baseball-reference.com version of war better. I'm sure Pena's score for today is just awful. FG war is better, IMO, but it just doesn't work for guys who flat out shouldn't be on the mound.

Just now, AngelsLakersFan said:

You'd like the baseball-reference.com version of war better. I'm sure Pena's score for today is just awful. FG war is better, IMO, but it just doesn't work for guys who flat out shouldn't be on the mound.

Agree. I just generally prefer the FG site. I've always hated how bbref is organized. 

30 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Well, to be fair to Upton, last year was one of his best seasons. Expectations for him have been unreasonably high.

OPS around .825-.850 (near his lifetime average), decent defense and not striking out in every scoring opportunity would have sufficed.  He's been demonstrably worse...

1 minute ago, jsnpritchett said:

You don't like simplicity and logic?  ;)

I don't think it's simple at all. Not straightforward to get to sortable player stats. Many places unclear whether you're going to get player or team stats until you click the link. I'm used to it by now, but still don't like the organization. 

2 minutes ago, 101halo said:

I don't think it's simple at all. Not straightforward to get to sortable player stats. Many places unclear whether you're going to get player or team stats until you click the link. I'm used to it by now, but still don't like the organization. 

Wow.  I feel exactly the opposite.  To each his own!

14 minutes ago, mulwin444 said:

OPS around .825-.850 (near his lifetime average), decent defense and not striking out in every scoring opportunity would have sufficed.  He's been demonstrably worse...

wRC+ of 122, his career average is 121. He was 119, 104 in 2015 and 2016. On pace for about 3.5 war. He is having an average year for himself following a well above average 2017.