• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

MS on pulling JW

LAA

Take a wild guess

Starts with an "n" and ends in "ope"

Nope?

Thought so. This guy caught so many complete games over his career its amazing that he handles the staff this way. He should've visited the mound and asked JW if he was experiencing any fatigue. If the answer was yes, yank him. If the answer was no, then he game plans how to get the next batters out with pitch/catch. This way he leaves all the oweness on JW and takes the second guessing out of the post game sessions. The guy was cruising, had a 2 run lead to work with and it was his game to win. This is the main takeaway from tonight's loss again. MS is not managing intelligently, professionally and not in a way that breeds or gives any glimmer of hope of confidence. 100% guarantee that is why ZG bailed...after all MS did the same to him on that late inning disaster last year we can all remember.

I spoke to a person who knows Jerome better than anyone and they said Jerome felt perfectly fine after the 6th inning. Had a ton more left in the tank.

I think I know who you're referring to and I'm sorry to hear that. Jerome deserved to have a shot at a win in this game.

Only Mr. Lasagna would say that someone throwing 90 pitches his previous start is not stretched out enough after only 74 pitches.

Ya, maybe I'm missing something here, but he's thrown 92 pitches, 93 and 73(out of the pen in the Oakland marathon) his last 3 times out.

He should be able to go further than 74 pitches tonight, right?

Only Mr. Lasagna would say that someone throwing 90 pitches his previous start is not stretched out enough after only 74 pitches.

74? Seventy-****ing-four? That's it?

The bullpen is shit and this joker of a "manager" pulls Jerome out after 74 pitches?

I can live with taking Jerome out, I dont like it, but I can live with it. But.............

a) bringing DDLR for the 8th after getting out of a tough situation in the 7th.

b ) letting Downs face ONLY 1 batter.

c) NOT bringing in Frieri for the 4 OUT save (which he has been doing with success) after Kohn walked the bases loaded.

I can't live with.

I spoke to a person who knows Jerome better than anyone and they said Jerome felt perfectly fine after the 6th inning. Had a ton more left in the tank.

His performance on the mound was evident enough he had a lot more left in the tank. He was 74 pitches in and still hadn't given up a walk. He gave up a measly single and all of a sudden Sosh has to choose the "match up" over on field performance. So for 1 single AB in the 7th, he compromises every other AB for the rest of the game by bringing in the pen.

Sosh also was quick to push the button on Jerome, yet let a relief pitcher struggle through 3 BBs (while Jerome had NONE).

Tell her that there are plenty of people on this board that thought the same and believe that her husband is one of the few bright spots on the team this season. He showed nothing but guts during that game in Oakland and hopefully he and the staff can replicate that performance more often so the Halos can rack up some more W's this season.

I was at the game and could not figure out why  Mike S had two arms up in the bullpen when Jerome was at only 73 pitches.  Mike S sends Jerome out in the 7th and he gives up a first pitch hit and Mike S pulls him with no discussion on the mound.  This should have been a win for Jerome.  

I can live with taking Jerome out, I dont like it, but I can live with it. But.............

a) bringing DDLR for the 8th after getting out of a tough situation in the 7th.

b ) letting Downs face ONLY 1 batter.

c) NOT bringing in Frieri for the 4 OUT save (which he has been doing with success) after Kohn walked the bases loaded.

I can't live with.

Yep. +1. Pulling Jerome was mind-boggling enough, but the rest of these moves were on another level of incompetence. What the heck has happened to Sosh?