• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

What If

1 hour ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

and with Seattle not playing well!! just have to open the A's get cold and we get hot.

To me that's the toughest part. If it was a single opponent, we could get hot and they could go into a major tailspin. This far back you probably need both. So now we need to get and stay hot and hope BOTH Seattle and Oakland collapse. 

3 minutes ago, 101halo said:

To me that's the toughest part. If it was a single opponent, we could get hot and they could go into a major tailspin. This far back you probably need both. So now we need to get and stay hot and hope BOTH Seattle and Oakland collapse. 

Plus Tampa is ahead of us too.

2 minutes ago, eaterfan said:

Plus Tampa is ahead of us too.

True, but a half game doesn't worry me. If we have even the slightest chance, the Angels have to go on a crazy streak, which you would think would put the Rays in the rear view mirror. If Oakland and Seattle each go just .500 the rest of way it means Angels would have to win 2 out of every 3 to catch them. 

2 minutes ago, 101halo said:

True, but a half game doesn't worry me. If we have even the slightest chance, the Angels have to go on a crazy streak, which you would think would put the Rays in the rear view mirror. If Oakland and Seattle each go just .500 the rest of way it means Angels would have to win 2 out of every 3 to catch them. 

NO BIG DEAL

-Troll Daddy

6 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

NO BIG DEAL

-Troll Daddy

Hah. Note that I said "if the Angels have even the slightest chance..." It's maybe like a 1% chance. I.e. ain't happening. Not impossible, but pretty close. 

At least there are still some good storylines like Trout being Trout, Calhoun's resurgence, Ohtani getting time to work on his bat, Skaggs and Heaney improving and Barria with a pretty good rookie year. 

8 minutes ago, 101halo said:

Obviously it's not a big of an issue, but it's just one more team that can't get hot.

7 minutes ago, failos said:

This team can be better than Oakland and Seattle has proven to be streaky as hell.

The Angels just need a winning streak and they’ll catch up no problem.

Win % Angels Need to Pass
Win%   0.400 0.425 0.450 0.475 0.500 0.525 0.550 0.575
Mariners 85 86 88 89 91 92 93 95
Angels 0.579 0.596 0.632 0.649 0.684 0.702 0.719 0.754

The top row is rest of year winning % scenarios for Seattle. Second row is how many wins Mariners would finish with.  Finally, for each scenario, what % of games Angels would need to win to pass them rest of year.  

Example:  Even if Mariners win only 45% of their remaining games and go 27-32, they'd finish with 88 wins.  Angels would have to win ~63% of their remaining 57 games, going 36-21 to pass.  

It's a tall order.

5 minutes ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

The Astros were annihilated by Texas last night, shit happens.

The Angels current position in the standing is not a function of “shit happens” it’s a function of not being very good. Which is why they split with the White Sox.  It’s been a constant theme the entire season.  You know this. 

If we have some wild surge and they catch up; great.  But mostly, what’s best for the Angels is that they get themselves into as good a draft position as possible.  That means losing.  Getting close to the wild card and missing it is probably the worst thing that could happen for the organization going forward. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

I wish we could just put Pujols on his retirement tour and get it over with.  Bring up the kids to see what we’ve got.  I don’t care about winning and losing anymore this season.  I want to see Heaney and Skaggs pitch through the season healthy. I’d like to see Ohtani pitch again and be able to be healthy.  And it would be good if we could get a decent sense for what we have with Ward, Thaiss and Fletcher.  Fletcher obviously looks decent but more AB’s the better. 

Edited by UndertheHalo