• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Cardinals are bold

They've cut loose Greg Holland and Tyler Lyons, promoted one of their top pitching prospects in Dakota Hudson and traded Tiivailala despite multiple years of control remaining for the Mariners best pitching prospect (which is so Dipoto). 

But I've gotta give credit to St. Louis, money or no money, when something isn't working, they'll shift gears to find something that works, regardless of which player it means they lose. 

I wish the Angels would show the same boldness in their roster construction. We've seen Eppler act very aggressively on the farm, but not in the majors. 

1 minute ago, Roy Hobbs said:

It's not that bold to DFA a guy with 2 months left on his contract, plus Holland cost them a 1st rd pick.If they were really bold they would DFA  Dexter Fowler and his .587 OPS, but they won't because he's in year 2 of a 5 year $82.5 million contract.You say they are different than the Angels but maybe not so much.

Well they did fire their manager for underperforming as a ballclub hovering around .500. Angels are also currently underperforming similarly. 

1 minute ago, jordan said:

Well they did fire their manager for underperforming as a ballclub hovering around .500. Angels are also currently underperforming similarly. 

I don't know how much  time he had on his contract but I read it was more about clubhouse problems and not the .500  record. Scioscia has 2 months left,so if you are making a change  might as well wait for the off season.St Louis is still at .500 so that change made a big difference.

On 7/27/2018 at 4:02 PM, Scotty@AW said:

I wish the Angels would show the same boldness in their roster construction. We've seen Eppler act very aggressively on the farm, but not in the majors. 

In all fairness, this was the worst farm system in all of baseball when he arrived. I give him a pass on not stripping the farm just as he has started rebuilding it.

2 minutes ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

In all fairness, this was the worst farm system in all of baseball when he arrived. I give him a pass on not stripping the farm just as he has started rebuilding it.

Part of the forward thinking on Eppler's part has been building for the future. He used pretty unique circumstances to bring in Maitan and Ohtani, his international picks have been upside players like Deveaux and that new kid Alex Ramirez. Even Uceta was an upside gamble. And the same goes with his draft picks. Adell, Canning, Marsh, Thaiss, Adams, Jackson, all risky, upside draft picks.

And these guys have been pushed and promoted very aggressively, making their ETA sooner than anticipated.

He's been bold in the minors, and I'd like to see him cut bait on what hasn't worked in the majors and get some of these kids up there.