• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

(Blank) This Team

Eric

The sad thing is that no moves will be made to rebuild.  These moves should have been made in 2009.  We will just continue to trade away prospects for players who may or maynot improve the team but won't get us to the playoffs, thereby decreasing our chances to make another World Series push.  

I'd bet a good amount of money that Mike Scioscia will never win a World Series again.

With this team or another? Because I'll take you up on that.

Huh?

It's not all on the injuries.  The talent was there to some degree but when you lose your 1st and 4th starters (by talent designation), one of your best pen guys.  Another pen guy that hasn't even played yet.  Your shortstop and CFer for half your games, and one of your better hitters has an injury that has clearly slowed him, it does have an effect. 

There was no pitching depth in this org and it has been exposed.  Starts by enright and co have been a disaster.  Kohn and De La Rosa are being relied upon in spots they normally wouldn't be. 

It has had an effect.  Without injuries, they would still only be .500 at best, but at least they wouldn't be buried. 

Congratulations Moreno, you destroyed a once real solid franchise.

Nicely done.

I don't agree with you, AO. He's spent a ton of money to build a winning franchise and the Angels have had their most success during his decade as owner. Lack of performance isn't his fault.

If you want to argue about who he signed or who he won't fire, go ahead, but that's a different argument.

The sad thing is that no moves will be made to rebuild.  These moves should have been made in 2009.  We will just continue to trade away prospects for players who may or maynot improve the team but won't get us to the playoffs, thereby decreasing our chances to make another World Series push.  

I'd bet a good amount of money that Mike Scioscia will never win a World Series again.

Except when Mike Scioscia takes over the Dodgers with their pitching staff.

Every team in every sport deals with injuries.

If you feel you are watching a quality product managed to their full potential and displaying the baseball smarts, hustle, and general competitive spirit you should expect...

...then I'm genuinely happy for you. 

I'm also jealous.  Because I don't.

Maybe I've now simply become so angry and jaded that I need a management change just to reconnect with this team.

F*CK this team.  It isn't worth even trying to talk about anymore.

But I'll probably come off the ledge just enough to get disappointed again tomorrow.

Yea, we saw how the Thunder responded with the loss of Westbrook!  Bulls with loss of Rose.

Its not just loss of injuries, it is who you lose and your depth as a team. The Angels had no depth going into the season so they couldn't afford injuries.  In the past when they had a good farm system and great depth they could absorb the injuries.  This year they can't absorb the injuries.  Weaver gets hurt and we now have Enright pitching.  My God with him and Blanton that is two losses every five days!  Guaranteed

you made a good point, the time to rebuild was in 2009.  Instead we sign Matsui, resign Abreu, and trade for Haren.  Not good moves.

guess you weren't paying attention.  Williams was tiring.  It was clear as he is a sinker ball pitcher and his pitches were getting up in the zone.I

So the relievers promptly give up 3 runs and you still think it was the right call?  The question isn't whether or not Jerome was tiring but whether a tired Jerome or the bull pen was the best option. 

Oh and his last outing as a starter had his sinker way up, too, because he had more fly ball outs than ground outs.  Guess you weren't paying attention.

The snide remarks aren't necessary, are they?  Too much personal stuff on this board.

Has Hamilton had the opporturnity to spread the word about his faith lately though? I know in spring training he and Pujols were playing a game where they'd exchange bible verses. Maybe, in the search for something positive, the focus could be shifted from baseball to Jesus.  :)

They may not be the worst team in baseball right now, but they certainly are the worst team ever fielded in an Angels Uniform.  Gene is probably turning over in his grave to see what a shell of its former self this franchise has turned into.

They may not be the worst team in baseball right now, but they certainly are the worst team ever fielded in an Angels Uniform.  Gene is probably turning over in his grave to see what a shell of its former self this franchise has turned into.

There are only two worse teams in baseball right now (you are what your record says you are). Only difference is they both have stocked farms, high draft picks coming up, and payrolls lower than Josh Hamilton's annual salary. 

the haren trade was the real killer.   we traded just about all of our future promising arms for damaged goods in a season when we weren't going to do anything

The Wells trade was the dumbest, but the Haren move was probably the most damaging in retrospect (at least until we see how these two Albatross contracts play out)

There are only two worse teams in baseball right now (you are what your record says you are). Only difference is they both have stocked farms, high draft picks coming up, and payrolls lower than Josh Hamilton's annual salary. 

And there's the rub.  Not only is this team bad, but there's no future right now to look forward to. This is the best team the Angels, short of breaking out the checkbook again in a big way, can look forward to until at least 2017.  Future's so bleak you gotta wear night goggles.