• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

(Blank) This Team

Eric

Don't worry.

A closed door meeting and the season starts anew tomorrow!

Also, this is the toughest part of their schedule so it's expected to see them struggle.

Just ask Rodger Lodge.

He's known as a resident baseball expert.

Injuries. No way a team could possibly maintain a winning season in this division with several key players on the DL, including the opening day starting pitcher.

Injuries. No way a team could possibly maintain a winning season in this division with several key players on the DL, including the opening day starting pitcher.

LOL!

Honestly, I'm not trying to troll.  This gave me a good laugh. 

I think it's why I've learned to enjoy this site, especially during losses.

Well, he has a point. Oakland got hit hard with injuries and they're tanking.

Every team in every sport deals with injuries.

If you feel you are watching a quality product managed to their full potential and displaying the baseball smarts, hustle, and general competitive spirit you should expect...

...then I'm genuinely happy for you. 

I'm also jealous.  Because I don't.

Maybe I've now simply become so angry and jaded that I need a management change just to reconnect with this team.

F*CK this team.  It isn't worth even trying to talk about anymore.

But I'll probably come off the ledge just enough to get disappointed again tomorrow.

The org definitely isn't looking good, and the results + the money being shelled out for the results reflects on that

they have their work cut out for them. They have a bottom of the barrel farm system and we've seen what the minor league "depth" has provided to the big league club this year, which is a lot of nothing arms. A lot of their payroll is being eaten up for the next few years by declining players in their mid 30's(or will be in their mid 30's), so that will limit what FA arms they can pursue.

It's really not looking too good at this point. Going to need to hit on the draft/international signees and then luck out with whatever bargain basement arms they sign for cheap in the offseasons to come

The sad thing is that no moves will be made to rebuild.  These moves should have been made in 2009.  We will just continue to trade away prospects for players who may or maynot improve the team but won't get us to the playoffs, thereby decreasing our chances to make another World Series push.  

I'd bet a good amount of money that Mike Scioscia will never win a World Series again.