• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: 7/26 White Sox @ Angels

21 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I would consider trading him, but I wouldn’t give him away.  I’d be looking for arms.  I don’t know who the Indians have that we would want, but they seem to always be looking for an outfielder.  

Who replaces him? Adell won’t be on the scene until 2020 ... I’d wait until then 

Well if we wait until 2020, then we won’t be trading him, he will be a free agent.  Who would replace him, I don’t really care this year, I guess Hermosillo gets everyday at bats.  I don’t think he is ready, but it will give us an idea if he is ready to be a 4th outfielder next year.  We could sign a one year rental next year and wait for one of Marsh or Adell to be ready.  You get the most value for him now because he won’t be a rental.  

7 minutes ago, Troll Daddy said:

Who replaces him? Adell won’t be on the scene until 2020 ... I’d wait until then 

I bet we can find somebody who is hitting better than .200 in late July.....just a thought....

5 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Well if we wait until 2020, then we won’t be trading him, he will be a free agent.  Who would replace him, I don’t really care this year, I guess Hermosillo gets everyday at bats.  I don’t think he is ready, but it will give us an idea if he is ready to be a 4th outfielder next year.  We could sign a one year rental next year and wait for one of Marsh or Adell to be ready.  You get the most value for him now because he won’t be a rental.  

Crazy logic ... imo and yes I was referring to next season. 

Let’s create a hole hole for next season and hope to sign a free agent. 

9 minutes ago, Troll Daddy said:

If you think Kole will be batting .200 next July then trade him. 

I don’t know obviously....but, even with his wild streakyness, which has always been there, his #’s have been trending downward since last year....he’s hot now, for sure, but to go 200 AB as bad as he was in April/May, I’d move him if we get a decent offer....I wouldn’t move him just to move him though, need a decent offer back (nothing outrageous but decent)...

14 minutes ago, Troll Daddy said:

Crazy logic ... imo and yes I was referring to next season. 

Let’s create a hole hole for next season and hope to sign a free agent. 

It isn’t crazy logic, it is logic.  You get yourself a solid prospect or two to build towards the future, you get rid of $10 million in salary for next year and you find a one year rental.  It is called utilizing your assets.  

32 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Well if the AL record is 6, and Trop gave up 5, I would think Trop is probably it.  

I figured that, just wondering if he tied someone or who’s ugly record he broke. I googled it with no luck. Google doesn’t seem to like the Angels much. Google is a big fan on NYY and BOS though.

53 minutes ago, Stradling said:

It isn’t crazy logic, it is logic.  You get yourself a solid prospect or two to build towards the future, you get rid of $10 million in salary for next year and you find a one year rental.  It is called utilizing your assets.  

Trout’s our biggest asset ... why don’t you utilize him too while you’re at it. That’s $45M in savings. 

Seriously, trading Kole would be just a salary dump and you’re not going to get much in return. If you’re going to trade Kole ... then you wait until next years deadline. We can go back and forth all you want but there’s no right answer.

9 minutes ago, Troll Daddy said:

Trout’s our biggest asset ... why don’t you utilize him too while you’re at it. That’s $45M in savings. 

Seriously, trading Kole would be just a salary dump and you’re not going to get much in return. If you’re going to trade Kole ... then you wait until next years deadline. We can go back and forth all you want but there’s no right answer.

Because trading Trout is fucking stupid, trading Kole could make sense.