• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Martin Maldonado traded to the Astros

"Had Sandoval gone to USC, he’d have been draft eligible this year. Comparable college lefties in this year’s draft would have been Nationals second-rounder Tim Cate from UConn, and White Sox third-rounder, Mississippi State lefty Konnor Pilkington. Cate is a better athlete than Sandoval and the breaking ball is a little better. He signed for slot a 65th overall, $986,200. Pilkington’s stuff is closer to average across the board. I’d have him behind Sandoval just on stuff. He signed for $650,000, slightly below slot at pick No. 81. I think Sandoval would have fit somewhere in that range on draft day, which means the Astros properly valued him three years ago and used an 11th-round pick to acquire a future second- or third-round talent for second- or third-round money. It also means Sandoval probably got an equal or better bonus than he would have this year, and he’s further along the developmental path than most his age-appropriate peers from the 2018 collegiate draft class."

https://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/instagraphs/scouting-patrick-sandoval-new-angels-prospect/

On 7/26/2018 at 9:42 AM, Chuckster70 said:

Besides Kemp, Fisher and White (who can play 1B/3B), I'd love to get this kid as well. 

http://www.milb.com/player/index.jsp?sid=milb&player_id=664702#/career/R/hitting/2018/ALL

Screen Shot 2018-07-26 at 9.41.57 AM.png

The college he attended is less than 50 miles from where I grew up, yet I had never heard of it.

Maldonado's replacement: Briceno 1 for 2 & 2 walks last night. His OPS is over a 100 points higher than Maldonado.

Lots of guys exceed their minor league numbers. Look at Napoli's power numbers vs his minor league power numbers.

Where is Rene Rivera, did he die or something ? He hit 10 HRs in 237 PA last season & had a .803 OPS this year.