• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

CJ Cron

3 minutes ago, Dick B Back said:

Too bad he’s not left-handed and can only play 1B and DH.

Who's numbers are better Pujols or Cron? Who's cheaper? Who has more speed? Who's more athletic? 

Oh wait Cron has posted an 808 OPS which is greater than Pujols and the great and mysterious Upton at a fraction of the cost. Shocked I tell you shocked indeed.

3 minutes ago, Barrett said:

Who's numbers are better Pujols or Cron? Who's cheaper? Who has more speed? Who's more athletic? 

Oh wait Cron has posted an 808 OPS which is greater than Pujols and the great and mysterious Upton at a fraction of the cost. Shocked I tell you shocked indeed.

And I’m guessing you expected Eppey to DFA Mang for Cron? Too bad.

Just now, Dick B Back said:

And I’m guessing you expected Eppey to DFA Mang for Cron? Too bad.

If you want to win you don't care how much Mang is making you play the better player. Sorry about your luck, it happens in business all the time and in sports. Just for some reason not with the Angels. 

2 minutes ago, Dick B Back said:

Doesn’t matter.

I get it just doesn't make sense. Play the best person at the position and the one who gives you the best chance to win regardless of pay. That is what sports is all about. Although it seems the Angels organization has turned into a place of retirement community instead of trying to win the most games. We have a far greater payroll than anyone else in this division yet we are in 4th place and the way things are playing out we might be in last before this season is over. 

8 minutes ago, HaloNArizona said:

oWar for Cron :1.5

OWar for AP: .4

dWar for Cron : -.8

dwar for Pujols: -.3

Orar for Cron: 15

Orar for Ap: 4

Many of us liked CJ and felt he got screwed while he was here.  Once Ohtani was signed, CJ's fate was sealed. CJ is a 1Bman/DH only and those spots went quickly.  It's a shame he is not a a lefty....

He doesn't need to be a lefty. He is currently better by miles than our first baseman right now and that should be all that matters. 

5 minutes ago, Barrett said:

He doesn't need to be a lefty. He is currently better by miles than our first baseman right now and that should be all that matters. 

I'll give $27 million reasons why he didnt get the nod.  If he was a lefty, he might have been kept over LVB.  

Whether we like it or not, guaranteed contracts talk.  I would have much rather seen CJ here than LVB and on any giving day, almost anyone else play over AP.  I keep hoping he decides to hang it up.  Maybe after this year when he has 2000 Rbi's.  

Cron was given 4 seasons and 1,500 PAs to not be more than "Eh" as a offense-minded 1B.  He'd go into regular slumps, even with consecutive starts, and have to be sent down to find his swing again.  He looked like turned a corner in 2016 (.278 .325 .792 OPS 116 OPS+) but decided to shit the bed in 2017 (.248 .305 .741 OPS 98 OPS+).

He put up 2.7 WAR total in 1,500 PA's/400 games...I'd rather have Rengifo

If Cron were here, they'd still have kept Albert and Valbuena.  Marte would have been the guy to go.  Cron wouldn't have had the same opportunity as he's getting now.  He'd probably be playing worse than he is now.  It wouldn't have made a huge difference from where we currently sit in the standings.  

And we wouldn't have Luis Rengifo who has a very good chance to be a solid everyday major league 2nd baseman and leadoff hitter.