• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Why is Everyone So Sure That Kinsler Is Not Brought Back?

On 7/25/2018 at 9:08 AM, Griffey's Corner said:

It's amazing how often you are wrong. No I am not trolling. I just don't go around and try to pick internet fights like you do. Just ignore me like I do with you.

It's a Angels message board. If I want to talk Angels baseball than that is my right. 

IF Kinsler keeps playing well I would say 70% chance next year he will be an Angel.

I can see how your advice seems to be a one way street.

Why didn't they keep Giavotella? His Angels line was 267/.305/.375/.680 with a 90 OPS+ that puts him more valuable than Kinsler for pennies on the dollar. 

Kinsler is not playing well. He is a 36 year old shell of his former self and adds nothing to the Angels chances to make the playoffs next season. I know you are going to disagree because you think this is such a great idea to keep past their prime players on a steep decline. It's not. 

On 7/25/2018 at 8:24 AM, Griffey's Corner said:

IF.... IF..... he hits .240. 20 Homeruns. 20 Stolen Bases. Great Defense. Plays Hard. Cheap 1 year $4,000,000 deal. 

With all the holes to fill. I am not sure that he is 100% gone next year. Maybe the Angels should consider it.

I am sure the usual suspects will chime in with there interesting theories.

He's old and Fletcher is young, exciting, and cheap. We now need a catcher, and possibly a 3B. We absolutely need pitching.

On 7/25/2018 at 8:49 AM, totdprods said:

Seems like the recipe for a trade. 

I imagine Cozart is going to get first dibs at either 2B or 3B next year. They'll at least want to try and get a half season out of him to try and recoup some value on his deal before writing him off into a UT IF. I think Marte and Valbuena will be gone next year, with Fletcher, Rengifo, and JMF picking up some of that playing time, but with all of those guys having options, almost assuredly Eppler will bring in another infielder to add a layer of depth. Kinsler on a one-year would fit that bill.

Winning should be the one and only concern Eppler and the Angels have over the next 2 years, recouping value on Cozart shouldn't be a thing. Trout needs to know that we're going to the playoffs, and if that means Cozart is a bench player so be it. All that matters is the playoffs and Trout, Trout, Trout...extend Trout, I'm sick of reading article after article on how the Angels are wasting the best player on the planet's prime years for a losing team.

Kinsler is not hitting well by any means, though he has been better recently. If he kills in in the second half, he'll be looking at age 36 for a deal comparable to Cozarts. And if he doesn't kill it, he looks done.

If they could pay him what Utley has made for the Dodgers, they might do that, but I actually think he finishes the season with the Dogs or Indians.

On 7/26/2018 at 11:48 AM, Dochalo said:

I think Kinsler will be next.  He's a perfect fit for Boston with his pulled fly ball profile and he plays way better defense than anyone on their current roster.  

did something happen to pedroia?

12 minutes ago, eaterfan said:

He's also surpassed Moustakas in WAR despite playing in about 10 fewer games. I don't understand why people are so eager to get rid of Kinsler but want to sign Moustakas.

I wouldn't spend money on either of them...we are loaded at 2B in the system. Time to start filling holes with prospects at some point...

On 7/25/2018 at 9:32 AM, Griffey's Corner said:

It's funny how 98% of the things I say I have been proven right.... and how so many of you are wrong so often.

A couple months ago I said that Cron should have been kept over Valbeuna.... the whole board was up in arms. I said Cron would hit 30 HR's this year and the whole board laughed.... he is on pace for 30.

I have said that hitters should use the whole field.

I have said that every MLB hitter should know how to bunt.

I have said that pitchers in the NL will have a lower ERA because there is no DH.... members would even argue that. 

I said trade Richards before gets hurt..... he injured himself later that night.

I have said bring up Fletcher and the young guys.

I have said Pujols is not contributing.

I said Marte sucks.

I have said that 12 at bats is not enough of a sample size for a player coming up from the minors..... members disagreed.

I have said the Angels did not do enough in the off season addressing there BP.

I said that the Angels should reacquire Grichuk for cheap.... with 600 at bats he would hit around 40 HR's.... and still be better than Calhoun. in 218 at bats he has 13 HR's.

I really believe that some of you have multiple accounts. Also I believe that some of you just enjoy arguing to argue and will take the opposite side no matter what you really believe. I have to believe that because the only other alternative is that some of you are really really stupid.

Here is one more prediction.... Ohtani will re-injure his arm if the Angels run him out there again without changing anything.

You can respond to this message if you like. But just know I am off to enjoy my day & so you will not have the satisfaction that you are seeking.

And in response to Storm.... I said IF he hits .240.... at the rate he is going he may get there or exceed that. Look at the trending numbers.

amazing-6.jpg

Now w know what GC does on his off day, LOL.

3 hours ago, Tank said:

did something happen to pedroia?

He's given up his body his entire career and it's caught up with him....   Yes he's a Red Sox, and that's enough reason to dislike him but you take the best parts of Eckstein and Erstad (the good hitting version), that's Pedroia..  Grade A stud.

On 7/25/2018 at 12:32 PM, Griffey's Corner said:

It's funny how 98% of the things I say I have been proven right.... and how so many of you are wrong so often.

A couple months ago I said that Cron should have been kept over Valbeuna.... the whole board was up in arms. I said Cron would hit 30 HR's this year and the whole board laughed.... he is on pace for 30.

I have said that hitters should use the whole field.

I have said that every MLB hitter should know how to bunt.

I have said that pitchers in the NL will have a lower ERA because there is no DH.... members would even argue that. 

I said trade Richards before gets hurt..... he injured himself later that night.

I have said bring up Fletcher and the young guys.

I have said Pujols is not contributing.

I said Marte sucks.

I have said that 12 at bats is not enough of a sample size for a player coming up from the minors..... members disagreed.

I have said the Angels did not do enough in the off season addressing there BP.

I said that the Angels should reacquire Grichuk for cheap.... with 600 at bats he would hit around 40 HR's.... and still be better than Calhoun. in 218 at bats he has 13 HR's.

I really believe that some of you have multiple accounts. Also I believe that some of you just enjoy arguing to argue and will take the opposite side no matter what you really believe. I have to believe that because the only other alternative is that some of you are really really stupid.

Here is one more prediction.... Ohtani will re-injure his arm if the Angels run him out there again without changing anything.

You can respond to this message if you like. But just know I am off to enjoy my day & so you will not have the satisfaction that you are seeking.

problems flaws GIF

8 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

He's given up his body his entire career and it's caught up with him....   Yes he's a Red Sox, and that's enough reason to dislike him but you take the best parts of Eckstein and Erstad (the good hitting version), that's Pedroia..  Grade A stud.

thanks. yeah, he's been a pretty darn good player and fun to watch even though he was "the enemy." eck + ersty is a good comp.