• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Why is Everyone So Sure That Kinsler Is Not Brought Back?

It would not surprise me one bit. He can transition out of the role if he struggles and Fletcher or Rengifo come on strong. 

Since the Detroit series: 
.268/.322/.484/.806 - 21 XBH, 12 walks, 20 strikeouts in 205 PA

Averaged to 162 games, thats a 38 double, 34 HR pace, with 41 walks to 68 strikeouts. With his defense that's fantastic. 

He needs to stay deeper in the order though. His OPS hitting 6th-8th is .851 in 30 games. 
Hitting 1st it's .633. 

2 minutes ago, floplag said:

Fletcher and Cozart, its really that simple. 

I am probably the biggest Fletcher homer here.... have been for a long time. But I am not 100% sold on him. So far his power numbers have been low. 

Who knows how Cozart will be coming off a torn labrum.... he was not good before he got hurt. I just have a hard time imagining that Eppler will not go with more contingency plans next year. And not get caught with his pants down around his ankles. If the Angels do not win next year.... I think Eppler is gone.

The Angels are in sort of a weird spot where on one hand they clearly need to upgrade, but on the other hand, they clearly need to promote the kids that are way too good for AAA.

There are some hard decisions ahead.

- Cozart is still under contract and looks more like a utility reserve than anything at this point. He isn't the only problem but it's clear he isn't the solution either.

- Pujols....well I don't need to spill any more virtual ink on this.

- Calhoun...see Cozart basically.

- Valbuena has an option, but is probably going to be cut loose.

So really, there are a lot of areas the Angels can improve. The problem is, they won't.

7 minutes ago, Scotty@AW said:

The Angels are in sort of a weird spot where on one hand they clearly need to upgrade, but on the other hand, they clearly need to promote the kids that are way too good for AAA.

There are some hard decisions ahead.

- Cozart is still under contract and looks more like a utility reserve than anything at this point. He isn't the only problem but it's clear he isn't the solution either.

- Pujols....well I don't need to spill any more virtual ink on this.

- Calhoun...see Cozart basically.

- Valbuena has an option, but is probably going to be cut loose.

So really, there are a lot of areas the Angels can improve. The problem is, they won't.

Seems like the recipe for a trade. 

I imagine Cozart is going to get first dibs at either 2B or 3B next year. They'll at least want to try and get a half season out of him to try and recoup some value on his deal before writing him off into a UT IF. I think Marte and Valbuena will be gone next year, with Fletcher, Rengifo, and JMF picking up some of that playing time, but with all of those guys having options, almost assuredly Eppler will bring in another infielder to add a layer of depth. Kinsler on a one-year would fit that bill.

14 minutes ago, Griffey's Corner said:

I am probably the biggest Fletcher homer here.... have been for a long time. But I am not 100% sold on him. So far his power numbers have been low. 

Who knows how Cozart will be coming off a torn labrum.... he was not good before he got hurt. I just have a hard time imagining that Eppler will not go with more contingency plans next year. And not get caught with his pants down around his ankles. If the Angels do not win next year.... I think Eppler is gone.

Im not worried about his power numbers personally, i think we can get that elsewhere in terms of HR.
No we dont know what Cozart will be but hes under contract and Kinsler isnt.  If it were me i trade Kinsler ASAP and move on.   He has some value and at least 2-3 playoff teams could use him 

4 minutes ago, floplag said:

Im not worried about his power numbers personally, i think we can get that elsewhere in terms of HR.
No we dont know what Cozart will be but hes under contract and Kinsler isnt.  If it were me i trade Kinsler ASAP and move on.   He has some value and at least 2-3 playoff teams could use him 

I think the power numbers are a problem the same way they were a problem for Willits. They start pitching and defending him differently if he can't hit it over their heads. That starts to effect his overall production.

2 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Here is my theory. You are trolling. 

Oh wait, that's not a theory.

It's amazing how often you are wrong. No I am not trolling. I just don't go around and try to pick internet fights like you do. Just ignore me like I do with you.

It's a Angels message board. If I want to talk Angels baseball than that is my right. 

IF Kinsler keeps playing well I would say 70% chance next year he will be an Angel.

49 minutes ago, Griffey's Corner said:

IF.... IF..... he hits .240. 20 Homeruns. 20 Stolen Bases. Great Defense. Plays Hard. Cheap 1 year $4,000,000 deal. 

With all the holes to fill. I am not sure that he is 100% gone next year. Maybe the Angels should consider it.

I am sure the usual suspects will chime in with there interesting theories.

How is he going to get up to 240?

19 minutes ago, eaterfan said:

I think the power numbers are a problem the same way they were a problem for Willits. They start pitching and defending him differently if he can't hit it over their heads. That starts to effect his overall production.

If he were devoid pf power at all i would agree, but hes not, he has 95 at bats and 6 2B and 1 3B to go with 1 HR. 
In comparison Kinsler has 342 ABs producing 18 2B, 0 3B, and 12 HR. 
Project Fletcher out to 342 ABs and he would have more double than Kinsler with 21 (which by the way would be leading the team) , more triples, and of course less HR.   I dont think thats a stat line you can pull the outfield in on per se.

Trade Kinsler.  Move on from Marte and Valbueno.  Cozart goes to 2nd.  Fletcher, Regifo, and JMF reolace Kinsler, Valbueno, and Marte.

Ward and Thais provide depth on the infield. 

We have to go to the cheap alternatives wherever possible.  We need to save our resources for a starting pitcher.  We need a front line starter since we will be without Richard's and probably Ohtani.

1 minute ago, EnglishCop said:

Take it easy on @Griffey's Corner, please.

It's admirable enough that a kindergartner is engaged enough baseball-wise to participate in online discussions about the game.

It's funny how 98% of the things I say I have been proven right.... and how so many of you are wrong so often.

A couple months ago I said that Cron should have been kept over Valbeuna.... the whole board was up in arms. I said Cron would hit 30 HR's this year and the whole board laughed.... he is on pace for 30.

I have said that hitters should use the whole field.

I have said that every MLB hitter should know how to bunt.

I have said that pitchers in the NL will have a lower ERA because there is no DH.... members would even argue that. 

I said trade Richards before gets hurt..... he injured himself later that night.

I have said bring up Fletcher and the young guys.

I have said Pujols is not contributing.

I said Marte sucks.

I have said that 12 at bats is not enough of a sample size for a player coming up from the minors..... members disagreed.

I have said the Angels did not do enough in the off season addressing there BP.

I said that the Angels should reacquire Grichuk for cheap.... with 600 at bats he would hit around 40 HR's.... and still be better than Calhoun. in 218 at bats he has 13 HR's.

I really believe that some of you have multiple accounts. Also I believe that some of you just enjoy arguing to argue and will take the opposite side no matter what you really believe. I have to believe that because the only other alternative is that some of you are really really stupid.

Here is one more prediction.... Ohtani will re-injure his arm if the Angels run him out there again without changing anything.

You can respond to this message if you like. But just know I am off to enjoy my day & so you will not have the satisfaction that you are seeking.

And in response to Storm.... I said IF he hits .240.... at the rate he is going he may get there or exceed that. Look at the trending numbers.

12 minutes ago, stormngt said:

Trade Kinsler.  Move on from Marte and Valbueno.  Cozart goes to 2nd.  Fletcher, Regifo, and JMF reolace Kinsler, Valbueno, and Marte.

Ward and Thais provide depth on the infield. 

We have to go to the cheap alternatives wherever possible.  We need to save our resources for a starting pitcher.  We need a front line starter since we will be without Richard's and probably Ohtani.

I also keep forgetting about Rengifo who should also be near ready.  JMF also in the mix as he was the primary 2B at SLC till Fletcher got there as i recall.
Regardless Kinsler and Vabuena are not on next years team, both should be traded or let go to give some of the youth a chance to showcase for '19. 
Marte may be as depth since hes only arb eligible and wont cost too much to provide depth at the corners. 

19 minutes ago, Griffey's Corner said:

It's funny how 98% of the things I say I have been proven right.... and how so many of you are wrong so often.

A couple months ago I said that Cron should have been kept over Valbeuna.... the whole board was up in arms. I said Cron would hit 30 HR's this year and the whole board laughed.... he is on pace for 30.

I have said that hitters should use the whole field.

I have said that every MLB hitter should know how to bunt.

I have said that pitchers in the NL will have a lower ERA because there is no DH.... members would even argue that. 

I said trade Richards before gets hurt..... he injured himself later that night.

I have said bring up Fletcher and the young guys.

I have said Pujols is not contributing.

I said Marte sucks.

I have said that 12 at bats is not enough of a sample size for a player coming up from the minors..... members disagreed.

I have said the Angels did not do enough in the off season addressing there BP.

I said that the Angels should reacquire Grichuk for cheap.... with 600 at bats he would hit around 40 HR's.... and still be better than Calhoun. in 218 at bats he has 13 HR's.

I really believe that some of you have multiple accounts. Also I believe that some of you just enjoy arguing to argue and will take the opposite side no matter what you really believe. I have to believe that because the only other alternative is that some of you are really really stupid.

Here is one more prediction.... Ohtani will re-injure his arm if the Angels run him out there again without changing anything.

You can respond to this message if you like. But just know I am off to enjoy my day & so you will not have the satisfaction that you are seeking.

And in response to Storm.... I said IF he hits .240.... at the rate he is going he may get there or exceed that. Look at the trending numbers.

It’s funny how on a website with 3000 plus people you are the only one who likes your opinion.  You have chosen to be a martyr, which I am sure why you added the last sentence of your OP.  My thoughts on you are pretty simple, you are the guy that knows the most about baseball amongst your friends and coworkers, they hold you up on the peddlestool and so all of that went to your head.  You come on here, you are abrasive and aren’t the smartest baseball guy here.  You get put in your place and you fight back, poorly.  

As for your answer to your original question, it isn’t happening because of Fletcher, Cozart, JMF, Renfigo, Cowart.  It is probably the position of the most depth in our organization that is major league ready.