• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

For the love of all that is holy (Mike Trout), please fire Mike Scioscia

nate

4 minutes ago, mp170.6 said:

Do the In-N-Out restaurants you manage do well because of you, or for many other reasons put together?   In other words, should their "winning percentage" be attributable to you personally?  

You're silly if you think the .537 is all about Scioscia, or even speaks to his managing ability.   I think that metric sucks.

another awesome exaggeration by the haters.  I never said he deserves all the credit or that he is the sole reason for the winning percentage, but he is absolutely part of the reason.

INO is successful with or without me.  Are my people or stores more successful with me, in some facets yes in other facets probably not.  Have the Angels enjoyed the most success in their history while Scioscia has been the manager, absolutely yes.  I don't look for credit like you are trying to have me place on Scioscia.  I am defending against the notion he is awful, which is pretty easy to do, especially when you are just being emotional    

Just now, Stradling said:

another awesome exaggeration by the haters.  I never said he deserves all the credit or that he is the sole reason for the winning percentage, but he is absolutely part of the reason.

INO is successful with or without me.  Are my people or stores more successful with me, in some facets yes in other facets probably not.  Have the Angels enjoyed the most success in their history while Scioscia has been the manager, absolutely yes.  I don't look for credit like you are trying to have me place on Scioscia.  I am defending against the notion he is awful, which is pretty easy to do, especially when you are just being emotional    

I never said you said that either, but you keep bringing up that .537 number.

Moreno's tenure as owner overlaps most of Scioscia's tenure.  I have no idea how much Moreno is responsible for adding to that .537 figure, but it's probably a substantial increase over what it otherwise would have been. 

Again, another reason why a manager's win-loss statistics are not helpful.

Man nate, chuck must love you.

For the record I don't care either way as far as Sosh coaching past this year.  The bottom line is there is no way they fire him now.  Like it or not, he's built up a lot of capital.  Not just with the Angels, but around the league.  

3 minutes ago, stormngt said:

Let's put it this way.  There are 20 HOF managers with careers under 500

Scioscia is 63rd for career wins

There are only 8 managers in history with more wi nb s and better winning percentage 

I'm pretty sure that big Strad would have the highest winning % among managers this year if he managed the Red Sox (or close to it, anyway.)

1 minute ago, stormngt said:

Let's put it this way.  There are 20 HOF managers with careers under 500

Scioscia is 63rd for career wins

There are only 8 managers in history with more wins and better winning percentage 

but those stats don't count because, "He doesn't like them" and maybe "Arte owned those teams at some point".  I think I did that right.  

Just now, Ohtani&Trout said:

I'm pretty sure that big Strad would have the highest winning % among managers this year if he managed the Yankees.

I'd have a better winning percentage this year with the Yankees than Scioscia will have with the Angels this year.  

By the way, I think it is pretty funny guys on here think they know how I or any of us would actually manage a team.  Sounds like an interesting thread.  

3 hours ago, mp170.6 said:

When you look back at the last 18 years, there has been ZERO consistency whatsoever from year to year.  Some years we win, some we lose, some the offense or pitching is great but hardly ever in consecutive seasons.  This is not the fruit of an organization that understands why we win or lose. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.foxsports.com/mlb/gallery/every-mlb-teams-10-year-record-ranked-from-30-to-1-041217%3famp=true

F*ckin sosh.

That article will likely raise some eyebrows. Whats crazy is that it goes back to 08, and leaves out 02, 04, 05 and 07....

Seriously. Sosh hasnt been nearly as bad as some of you think, he (and the team) only stands out because we watch them every day, and dont follow other teams anywhere near as much.

The giants, cards, sox and yankees. The only teams who anyone can argue have been better than us since sosh got here.

Edited for link