• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

For the love of all that is holy (Mike Trout), please fire Mike Scioscia

nate

I have had enough hearing about GMs, injuries, under-performing players, etc.  There are too many games where the team goes out there and looks completely uninterested in anything.  Like they are just collecting their game check and counting down the seconds until they can go home.  Someone needs to light a fire under their asses and Scioscia isn't the one.

I know this season is already lost, and it is time to sell anyone that can be sold that is on a walk year, but also time to cut ties with the lumbering idiot in the dugout.

But...there are people here who say he's a totally different man in the clubhouse and we have no idea what goes on behind closed doors and we should mind our own business. We are also told he has no choice but to play Valbuena and Marte as often as possible because things are out of his control and he really is a great Hall of Fame manager who's hamstrung by factors he can do nothing about. Poor, brilliant guy. 

Sorry, English Cop. 

8 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

But...there are people here who say he's a totally different man in the clubhouse and we have no idea what goes on behind closed doors and we should mind our own business. We are also told he has no choice but to play Valbuena and Marte as often as possible because things are out of his control and he really is a great Hall of Fame manager who's hamstrung by factors he can do nothing about. Poor, brilliant guy. 

Sorry, English Cop. 

There are also idiots that say really stupid shit.  I am as big of a Scioscia Apologist as there is, and this post is just dumb.  

Wanting or thinking the team should fire him now, is pretty damn short sighted and only something a fan would say to do.  In the real world where the guy has gotten this far into a ten year deal and has been here for 18 years it simply makes no sense.  Hell I would be more prone to listen to this if the team was two games out.  How you treat people matters, especially when you deal with egos as large as you deal with in professional sports.  I am pretty sure you can wrap your head around that Nate.  It makes zero difference who the manager is the rest of the year.  It won’t matter.  They are not making up 10 games with 55 to play.  You want him to play different guys, then release the guys you don’t want him to play.  

2 hours ago, Stradling said:

Wanting or thinking the team should fire him now, is pretty damn short sighted and only something a fan would say to do.  In the real world where the guy has gotten this far into a ten year deal and has been here for 18 years it simply makes no sense.  Hell I would be more prone to listen to this if the team was two games out.  How you treat people matters, especially when you deal with egos as large as you deal with in professional sports.  I am pretty sure you can wrap your head around that Nate.  It makes zero difference who the manager is the rest of the year.  It won’t matter.  They are not making up 10 games with 55 to play.  You want him to play different guys, then release the guys you don’t want him to play.  

He has been treated with $50 million, I think he has been treated just fine.

Actually, I want him fired to send a message.

And do you really think that his performance is not something he should be fired for?

He should have been fired six seasons ago, but the dump the team lays every single night without even half a fucking effort should be the last straw.

3 minutes ago, Stradling said:

You want him fired so you’ll feel better.   It’s dumb.  

4 minutes ago, nate said:

I’m confused... send a message to who?

If the GM isn’t willing to dump non-performing players, why the hell would he dump the manager? Do you think someone like Joe Torre could get Valbuena to play better?

Come on. 

10 minutes ago, nate said:

And do you really think that his performance is not something he should be fired for?

He should have been fired six seasons ago, but the dump the team lays every single night without even half a fucking effort should be the last straw.

Send a message?  Grow up.   He wasn’t fired 6 years ago, he’s not going to be fired now.   If he was it would send the wrong message.   

2 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

I think most educated people would understand the last part of the post refers to the first part.

But I'll reorder the post just for you.

...and you want him extended so you can enjoy the outrage. That's dumb. The justified outrage.

And once again I totally agree it’s dimb.  

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

Just so we’re clear we both think it’s dumb that I want him extended just to watch dudes like you lose their shit.   I totally admit it’s stupid.   

I have heart medication now that calms me down so I won't totally lose it.

My cardiologist thought it in my best interest after I told him I was an Angels fan.

Last blood pressure reading was 110/64. I laugh now more than cry at the crap we witness most nights.

This team, as well as the previous few years, isnt shitty or average because they arent fired up. No manager would have taken the last few years and turned them around.

Blaming sosh for the shit roster makes about as much sense as praising him for trout.

The SP staff is among the best in the league this year...after 3 years of crap. Did sosh change how he handles pitchers, and forget how to handle hitters. Or was it getting skaggs and heaney back, versus guys like chavez?...

Its not the lack of motivation that makes pujols old. Or kinsler at 36 vs kinsler 5 years ago. Sosh didnt mismanage calhoun the first two months, then fix him.

If we knock sosh for the 2B trainwreck over the last few years, do we praise him for "teaching simmons how to hit?"

Its been far too long since this team was perennial good, so I dont give him a pass based on the success of the 2000s. That said, when the hell was the last time we had a complete team? Forget complete (pitching, pen, offense, bench). When was the last time we had above average of any 2 of those 4?

2014. And it took us until the second half to construct a pen. And we immediately dismantled it that offseason. And in 2015 the nightmare began. Lose richards. Hamilton disaster. Skaggs....heaney...

Take the current roster. Trout. Pujols. Calhoun. Simmons. Those are the only guys whove been here for at least 3 years. Think about the roster say 15 years ago. Then 10. Then 5. Is it even close? Guys like valbuena. Marte. And the rest of the dead weight. What better players did they replace?

Richards...ohtani....skaggs....heaney....shoemaker...tropeano....

Have any of them made it through a full season? 

Sosh is gone this year. Maybe a front office spot. Maybe he retires. Dont know, not worried about it.

Next seasons manager more than likely manages another average, boring team (plus trout). But that manager likely looks a lot better in 2020.