• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

you know things have gotten bad....

I hear a lot of 'grind it out' from the players and coaches in pretty much every interview.  grinding here.  grinding there.  everything is a grind.  

to me that feels like a bunch of guys trying to get something going but they never can.  like and old car or that lawn mower in the back of the shed you haven't started in a decade.  

It really has become so predictable. The Angels will be facing a crappy team with a starter who's ERA is 4.50 and the starter will throw a no hitter through 5, the crappy team will slowly add more and more runs, then the Angels will get 1 or 2 runs in the 7th, leave men on base in the 8th, get 2 outs in the 9th, get a hit or two, and the someone will strike out to end the game.

2 minutes ago, John Taylor said:

It really has become so predictable. The Angels will be facing a crappy team with a starter who's ERA is 4.50 and the starter will throw a no hitter through 5, the crappy team will slowly add more and more runs, then the Angels will get 1 or 2 runs in the 7th, leave men on base in the 8th, get 2 outs in the 9th, get a hit or two, and then someone Valbuena will strike out to end the game.

FIFY.  

I feel like he's ended more games than any player.  

he makes last out....a lot.  

1 hour ago, GrittyVeterans said:

Scioscia won't be extended. If he were going to be extended, it would have happened by now or you'd here rumors about them working on an extension.

He will be shown the door after the season and Eppler will get his pick

My problem with this thinking is Eppler realistically has one more year to make the playoffs anyway or he will be shown the door. Did he sign a 4 year contract or 5bwhen he was hired? Will arte keep a gm around who hasn’t made the playoffs in 4 years?

1 minute ago, Kevinb said:

My problem with this thinking is Eppler realistically has one more year to make the playoffs anyway or he will be shown the door. Did he sign a 4 year contract or 5bwhen he was hired? Will arte keep a gm around who hasn’t made the playoffs in 4 years?

The product you are seeing on the field is a result of poor decisions by Arte mostly. I doubt he doesn’t give Eppler at least 3 or 4 more seasons

1 minute ago, GrittyVeterans said:

The product you are seeing on the field is a result of poor decisions by Arte mostly. I doubt he doesn’t give Eppler at least 3 or 4 more seasons

What? You think he is going to give a gm 7 years to turn this franchise into a playoff contender? Are you high? I mean he’s not a great owner but what owner in their right mind would give someone that long? Tony got what 3 years? Dipoto left in three years or so 2.5. No way Arte gives Billy an extension with zero playoffs in 4 years. No way. Although we haven’t made the playoffs in how many years and Mike S is still the manager. Whatever this is all just another waste of Trout. Absolute waste. 

1 hour ago, GrittyVeterans said:

Scioscia won't be extended. If he were going to be extended, it would have happened by now or you'd here rumors about them working on an extension.

He will be shown the door after the season and Eppler will get his pick

It's TIME for him to hit the door now! Move him to the F/O, get Billy's guy in there ASAP and start figuring out next year because this parrot is no more!

s

7 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

What? You think he is going to give a gm 7 years to turn this franchise into a playoff contender? Are you high? I mean he’s not a great owner but what owner in their right mind would give someone that long? Tony got what 3 years? Dipoto left in three years or so 2.5. No way Arte gives Billy an extension with zero playoffs in 4 years. No way. Although we haven’t made the playoffs in how many years and Mike S is still the manager. Whatever this is all just another waste of Trout. Absolute waste. 

Listen man, you are ignoring context completely with rants like this. This team had zero talent in the entire system outside of Trout, Calhoun, Richards, Newcomb, Skaggs, Heaney and maybe a few others. We had pundits saying it was the worst farm system they had ever seen. We had Albert Pujols, Josh hamilton, Jered Weaver making a lot of money for piss poor results. The only option was to restock the farm and build for the future, which he has done. If we continued down the patch work, win now path that Arte created in the Reagins and Dipoto era we’d still have a shit MLB club and there would be no help on the Way.

Its going to require a shrewd of patience to undo all of Arte’s poor decisions

5 hours ago, GrittyVeterans said:

Listen man, you are ignoring context completely with rants like this. This team had zero talent in the entire system outside of Trout, Calhoun, Richards, Newcomb, Skaggs, Heaney and maybe a few others. We had pundits saying it was the worst farm system they had ever seen. We had Albert Pujols, Josh hamilton, Jered Weaver making a lot of money for piss poor results. The only option was to restock the farm and build for the future, which he has done. If we continued down the patch work, win now path that Arte created in the Reagins and Dipoto era we’d still have a shit MLB club and there would be no help on the Way.

Its going to require a shrewd of patience to undo all of Arte’s poor decisions

He knows all this and yet still argues these points.  

6 hours ago, Kevinb said:

What? You think he is going to give a gm 7 years to turn this franchise into a playoff contender? Are you high? I mean he’s not a great owner but what owner in their right mind would give someone that long? Tony got what 3 years? Dipoto left in three years or so 2.5. No way Arte gives Billy an extension with zero playoffs in 4 years.

To be fair, youre talking apples and oranges. Reagins was let go because he ruined a playoff team. Dipoto took the core of a playoff team and ruined it. Eppler took over a trainwreck.

Its not like someone else, even big named guys like friedman, would have taken the 2016 to current roster to the playoffs

26 minutes ago, zenmaster said:

I'm sure if we get swept by the Chisox at home we will have a closed door meeting and sosh will say we have to turn the page. We will win 2 in a row and get back closer to mediocrity. 

Meanwhile the Facking A's are 25-7 in their last 32.

After Chicago gets through with us, Seattle could deliver the death blow this weekend.

Bring the kids up to give them some experience. Whatever it takes to make room on the roster. This season is long over.

7 hours ago, TooCool said:

To all the Season Ticket Holders and those who bother going out to the ball park... I'm sorry you have to endure that crap in person. Most of us here can't even stand it at home.. lol

What if you were a "once in generation" player playing on this team?

3 minutes ago, eligrba said:

What if you were a "once in generation" player playing on this team?

He did let out during one of the ASG interviews that things were "frustrating" right now re: how the team was doing. But he was careful not to say any more then that. Mike Trout is a very considerate young man and doesn't want to rub salt in the wound, or generate any controversy. The media is always ready to pounce on anything and create a problem.

Edited by fan_since79