• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

How is Valbuena still in starting lineup?

16 minutes ago, Tank said:

There's no good reason to have fletcher platoon with valbuena. This team isnt going anywhere so let the kid play. Valbuena has zero value, to us or anyone else, so talking about increasing his trade value is silly - he has none.

Yup. Valbuena's window to create trade value is months past. What he does in the next three weeks isn't going to wipe the slate clean of the last two seasons. Nice guy, not worth anything to any contending team. 

16 minutes ago, Tank said:

There's no good reason to have fletcher platoon with valbuena. This team isnt going anywhere so let the kid play. Valbuena has zero value, to us or anyone else, so talking about increasing his trade value is silly - he has none.

Houston knew he had no value so they let him slide into free agency. Their GM seems smart, eh?

Isn't there a 6 or 7 year minor league vet somewhere in the system that is never going to make it that they can promote for a week and give him enough at bats to get one hit in the majors as a kind gesture to him before they release him?

I would far rather root for a guy like that to get his one and only mlb hit than watch Valbuena keep sucking.

8 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Yup. Valbuena's window to create trade value is months past. What he does in the next three weeks isn't going to wipe the slate clean of the last two seasons. Nice guy, not worth anything to any contending team. 

Or they can trot him out another 3-4 weeks, hope he gets hot enough that a team takes him like we did Brandon Phillips for literally nothing more than salary, and we pay $1m less than we would have had we just DFA'ed him.

Still can save the Halos money, even if they don't get much of a prospect back.

8 minutes ago, Troll Daddy said:

You just know he'll get traded to Seattle for a small bucket of balls and rake

Depending on the size of the bucket and the type of rake, that trade could be a huge win for the Angels.

5 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

Isn't there a 6 or 7 year minor league vet somewhere in the system that is never going to make it that they can promote for a week and give him enough at bats to get one hit in the majors as a kind gesture to him before they release him?

I would far rather root for a guy like that to get his one and only mlb hit than watch Valbuena keep sucking.

Sherman Johnson.

That would be cool.

1 hour ago, jchalos89 said:

If he is just a below average guy, I would at least understand cuz Cozart is injured and we only have Marte at 1B so we are short of men power but his classic stats + saber stats + on field performance indicate that any AAA level minor league player is worth a chance over him.

They don't want to start the clocks of some of the minor leaguers, in light of having an extra year of club control and all that options stuff that I don't understand.

For whatever reasons, they're not interested in winning this year. The second wild card is really out of reach so they're going to continue through the motions and bring these guys up next year after we're rid of Valbuena, Marte, and the rest of the dead wood.

14 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Or they can trot him out another 3-4 weeks, hope he gets hot enough that a team takes him like we did Brandon Phillips for literally nothing more than salary, and we pay $1m less than we would have had we just DFA'ed him.
Still can save the Halos money, even if they don't get much of a prospect back.

That might be possible, sometime in August, assuming he clears waivers....less money to deal with....

56 minutes ago, Anaheim Ohtanitrouts said:

To be honest the only reason I can think of is purely trying to boost his value to where someone will trade literally anything for him to take his salary off the books and save Arte some money. But yes there is no real reason he should even be on the team.

If Moreno is concerned about $3+ million, then he needs to sell the team. 

2 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Why does it have to be Moreno?

Eppler has pulled off a ton of minor trades where all we sent over was 'cash considerations'...Blash, Pena, Almonte, Morris all were brought in on such deals. That money comes from somewhere. 

I'm much happier watching Eppler pay a few bucks to bring in depth like that rather than Dipoto's plan of dealing away Clevinger and such for similar players.

3 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Exactly. His personal net worth is over $2.5 BILLION.

He also paid around $180 million for the team, CASH, and it's currently valued at $1.8 billion.

He's absolutely loaded. Money should be no object in improving this team. But Arte has made some questionable purchases through the years, so perhaps he's wary of making another mistake.

1 minute ago, totdprods said:

Why does it have to be Moreno?

Eppler has pulled off a ton of minor trades where all we sent over was 'cash considerations'...Blash, Pena, Almonte, Morris all were brought in on such deals. That money comes from somewhere. 

I'm much happier watching Eppler pay a few bucks to bring in depth like that rather than Dipoto's plan of dealing away Clevinger and such for similar players.

No disagreement on the last statement at all

But if he hasn't hit for the first 101 games, what is going to change in the next month?   In 2017, he had an excuse (DL'd for over a month).   He's been healthy in 2018, no excuses. 

2 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Exactly. His personal net worth is over $2.5 BILLION.

He also paid around $180 million for the team, CASH, and it's currently valued at $1.8 billion.

He's absolutely loaded. Money should be no object in improving this team. But Arte has made some questionable purchases through the years, so perhaps he's wary of making another mistake.

That I get (Hackilton and the Ghostly one especially).   But, we are talking just $3 million here, and a player who by playing and sucking is preventing a young player from getting experience.

The post-season quest is over, last night made that PERFECTLY clear.    Start playing for 2019 and beyond. 

1 minute ago, Anaheim Ohtanitrouts said:

I agree, I hope he isn't but I'm just trying my absolute hardest to think of a reason Valbuena hasn't been DFA'ed. I want to believe Eppler has some type of plan here.

There's hope he gets hot enough to appeal to a contender as a bench bat or band-aid solution to an injured player. 
Angels won't get much more than a low-A reliever, a AAAA filler, or $1m in salary relief, but Eppler tends to make those results work (respectively, Madero/Castillo, Marte, cash considerations in trades for depth like Blash, Almonte, Pena, McGuire, Morris) and it beats DFA'ing him and getting absolutely no player return or money saved.

1 minute ago, Angel Oracle said:

That I get (Hackilton and Ghostly one).   But, we are talking just $3 million here, and a player who by playing and sucking is preventing a young player from getting experience.

The post-season quest is over, last night made that PERFECTLY clear.    Start playing for 2019 and beyond. 

Right.

As others more eloquent than I have said, "Start their Facking clocks!"