• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

How is Valbuena still in starting lineup?

He's playing 3B,1B,and DH primarily for the Angels now. 

0.202avg, 0.250OBP, 0.339SLG, 9HRs and 31RBis, -0.7bWAR, -0.6fWAR

horrible hitter, no place discipline, good power, bad base runner, low baseball IQ, average defender as a 3B, bad defender as a 1B.

How is he still in starting lineup after batting 0.199 last season and is batting 0.202 this season?

2-2-3 slashline is unacceptable by any means.

He's hitting .150 in June and July, walked 7 times while striking out 47 times. He doesn't belong to the Major League, and in any other team in the league he would have been DFA'd long ago.

I don't understand how the Angels are still keeping him (I mean his salary is $8M but now only 1/3 of this season is left so you don't waste too much money dumping him anyways -and you waste money + roster spot by keeping him) and how they are still starting him regularly is just non sense to me.

If he is just a below average guy, I would at least understand cuz Cozart is injured and we only have Marte at 1B so we are short of men power but his classic stats + saber stats + on field performance indicate that any AAA level minor league player is worth a chance over him. It's not like Valbuena is a young prospect that the Angels are trying to develop lol

Is he holding something against this team or Scioscia or he has that "some sort of invisible presense" that us casual fans don't see but helps the team a lot somehow?

Hoping he gets red-hot like he did last July and boosts either the offense or his trade value enough that a team offers up a Luis Madero/Jesus Castillo-type prospect for him to fill a bench role or band-aid an injury. 

He's blown, no doubt, but he sucked even harder last year before turning it around. 
First half 2017: .185/.267/.318/.585 with 5 doubles, 6 HR
2nd half 2017: .213/.320/.546/.866 with 10 doubles, 16 HR

1 minute ago, totdprods said:

Hoping he gets red-hot like he did last July and boosts either the offense or his trade value enough that a team offers up a Luis Madero/Jesus Castillo-type prospect for him to fill a bench role or band-aid an injury. 

He's blown, no doubt, but he sucked even harder last year before turning it around. 

Problem is, the 2nd half is already 20 games old, and no change.

5 minutes ago, totdprods said:

If Valbuena hits 16 HRs in the 2nd half of 2018, I’ll let @tdawg87 do me.

3 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Problem is, the 2nd half is already 20 games old, and no change.

Back to this point: 
"Hoping he gets red-hot like he did last July and boosts either the offense or his trade value enough that a team offers up a Luis Madero/Jesus Castillo-type prospect for him to fill a bench role or band-aid an injury."

He may get playing time into August for the same reason. I can see both him and Kinsler being August deals. If Eppler isn't getting any bites now, and he doesn't feel ready to DFA and install Ward/Fletcher, why not play it out a couple more weeks and see if either gets hot? If someone loses a 2B or needs some lefty bench power, they may get a better prospect in a few weeks.

5 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Service time is a bullshit excuse.

It is when you're talking about the Angel prospects, I get why the Cubs did it with Kris Bryant.None of these guys are Kris Bryant, so get them up here and see what they are. I may be blind to it but I see no value to other teams in Valbueno and Marte,they are just not even quality bench players.

26 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Let Fletcher start in his place.   Even with less power, his OPS is still over 100 pts higher, and plays MUCH better defense.

WE kinda need Fletcher elsewhere last i checked.  If you move him who do you put at 3b?  the backup is still Valbuena :)