• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Helpful Honda Dealers

Went to Lucille's for dinner tonight. Sat on the patio.  About 15 minutes after we sat down, the waitress informed us that 30 firefighters were coming in for dinner. Instantly, everyone's mood improved. My wife started smiling, which doesn't happen often. My kids got excited. My in laws get excited. Our cute 27 year old waitress was besides herself. 

Eventually they arrived.  Everyone stopped and marveled at the scene. 30 firefighters, in uniform, walking into a restaurant. I imagine this is what it will be like if Jesus ever comes back. They entered the patio and sat down. Tired and hungry from being stationed around the Holy Fire (I dont believe these guys were actually fighting the fire).

They sat down. Well, most sat down. Four of them - yes, FOUR - didn't sit down. Instead, they surrounded our table and started handing out junior fire fighter badges to my kids. It was instinctual - like opening a door for a lady.  Think about it - these guys their trucks, their uniforms, and their junior firefighter badges. Only the esential equipment. By this point, I think my wife is actually starting to get aroused (something I am incapable of making happen).

Sadly, we had to leave the restaurant. We started walking out. We all got high fives from each firefighter. Even me! I dont know what we did to deserve the high fives, but we got them. We were parked right next to the patio, so I unlocked the doors for my family and in laws to get into the car, and I proceeded to the bathroom. 

When I came out of the bathroom, my family was nowhere to be found. They weren't in the car. Instead, they were being lead by a firefighter across the parking lot, over to where the caravan of trucks was parked. They were about to get the full tour. 

I caught up in time to get the tour as well. These guys weren't actually in fire trucks, but instead were driving their fire captain 3500 series trucks. It didn't matter, my wife and kids were floored. They got to sit in an actual Ford F350 - like the kind they sell at every Ford dealership in town (my wife has been opposed to my request to buy a truck for at least the last four years). 

As we are walking back to the car, my wife asked who was going to pay the food bill for these guys and suggested we make a contribution toward it. Unteal. And she is still smiling over the thought of the 28 year old rookie firefighter who gave the truck tour.

8 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Well, Phil, there it is, you chose your career poorly. You could have had chicks and free meals if you had just hit the gym and became a Hero Firefighter instead of... A lawyer.

It isnt too late. According to the firefighter who gave us the tour, they just swore in a 41 year old. So I still have time. 

I think you're all missing the most important part here . . .

phil, get your butt down to a costume shop asap, send the kids over to grandmas, put on the firefighters outfit and a quality fake mustache, and take of business at home. Seems like you have a window of opportunity...

I do some political activism about government waste here in OC.  Mostly blogging and records requests.  Some of which makes it into more mainstream media.  I feed some of it to NBC and KCAL and the OC Register once in a while.   Suffice it to say, good thing I wasn't there because I would have gone #$#%^*& ballistic. 

1.  Patrol 15 in @wopphil's photo was never assigned to the Holy Fire.  (I just verified this on the computer)

2.  For a time, the junior firefighter badges were being made by a firefighter's brother's company for about $5 each. 

3.  The average OCFA firefigher compensation was about $255,207 last year.   That includes $81,856 in benefits and $55,794 in overtime.  These assholes should have paid for their own food. 

4. The hero worship is extremely unhealthy because it numbs their consciences to the point they see no shame in (1) demanding higher and higher wages, and (2) applying for fraudulent disability retirements to only pay taxes on 50% of their pension.  Some time ago, a set of workers comp information was leaked to me and you wouldn't believe the absolute bullshit these guys are using to justify their claims.  Many times it's no specific injury and no specific symptoms just the same stuff you and I encounter with older age, i.e. achy joints, poor muscle recovery, being fat, etc. Some guys have even received huge settlements for skin cancer!  We the taxpayers have settled with many of them for six or seven figures.  That's in addition to the guaranteed $3 to 4 million in pension money they will receive after retiring at age 50. 

The video at the top of this page is more true than you realize!

@mp170.6, just to clear up any confusion, the guy giving us the tour said something to make me believe they weren't actually fighting the fire, but were instead stationed at various locations as lookouts so to speak. He did have sleeping gear in his truck and claimed they had to sleep back there. The interior of the truck smelled heavily of smoke.

The badges were actually sticker badges. Looked like they cost pennies. 

And other than my wife's suggestion that they shouldn't have to pay for their dinner (which I set her straight on), nobody said anything that would indicate they weren't going to pay their dinner (or that they felt they should get a free dinner).

But you are correct on the pay and the hero worship. The pay is crazy. I dont understand why departments can't stagger shifts so as to minimize OT (frankly, the Cal. Legislature should exempt these guys from OT in the first place). And the hero worship is crazy too, but not much that can be done about women and children fawning over them.