• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The pessimistic thread

Glen

3 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Strad, considering the topic of this thread maybe you shouldn't be posting here because you just don't understand it at all.

Sorry but this one trick pony is just dumb.  But yea I didn’t realize the thread topic when I called him out.  I’ll delete.  

22 hours ago, Dick B Back said:

Trout and Ryan are apples and oranges.

Ryan left for the most miserable reason in the history of the franchise. Its been almost 40 years and it still pisses me off when I even think about it. If any of us were in Ryan’s shoes we would have done the same exact thing.

Trout on the other hand has reasons for remaining an Angel and Arte needs to sell the yacht and hand him the keys to the kingdome.

Let’s be honest.  There is no real reason to stay here.  This is one of the worst franchises in Mlb history.  There’s nothing to look forward to organizationally.  Weak farm, fairly weak supporting cast, and mismanagement of FA spending.  I know all the fan boys and girls here would be devestated, but he is like Ryan.   He apparently isn’t after all the money on the planet, though he will get paid.  Like Ryan, he could just go home.  Guy just loves to play.  

6 hours ago, The Ghost of Bob Starr said:

Let’s be honest.  There is no real reason to stay here.  This is one of the worst franchises in Mlb history.  There’s nothing to look forward to organizationally.  Weak farm, fairly weak supporting cast, and mismanagement of FA spending.  I know all the fan boys and girls here would be devestated, but he is like Ryan.   He apparently isn’t after all the money on the planet, though he will get paid.  Like Ryan, he could just go home.  Guy just loves to play.  

Ryan signed the most lucrative contract of any major league pitcher to date. So, it was all of the money in baseball at the time.

I know this is the pessimist thread, but "one of the worst franchises in MLB history"?  That might be a little too pessimistic.  Sorry for invading your space Soto, I just think that is something you say because over the years you have become disenfranchised with the team, and not the other way around.  Sure we have only won one championship but we are one of 12 franchises with a winning record.   

4 hours ago, Blarg said:

Ryan signed the most lucrative contract of any major league pitcher to date. So, it was all of the money in baseball at the time.

Eric, it’s pretty safe to say Trout too will sign for the highest contract out there.  But he also could do it heading much closer to home.  

3 hours ago, Stradling said:

I know this is the pessimist thread, but "one of the worst franchises in MLB history"?  That might be a little too pessimistic.  Sorry for invading your space Soto, I just think that is something you say because over the years you have become disenfranchised with the team, and not the other way around.  Sure we have only won one championship but we are one of 12 franchises with a winning record.   

Strad, I am surprised with that fact - HOWEVER one championship in 50+ years is pretty anemic.   So winning a game that doesn’t mean anything in September, when you’re already out of contention leaves little to be desired.  

The Marlins probably have a worse lifetime record than us, but don’t they have 2 titles in half the existence?  

I was sad when the Cubs won a few years ago.  I liked their suffering.  

I love the team, but it’s horrendously bad, year in and year out. 

Remember when we used to use the defense of “at least we won the division” or “at least we made the playoffs?”   Now it’s been reduced to “at least we have the best player on the planet.”   

I seem to recall those arguments as a wee one in 77 and 78.   Even after making the playoffs in 79, Nolan took off.  

Strad.  Now we have a better lifetime record than the Tarpys.  But they have four rings, including two spans where they were seriously feared (early to mid 70s and late 80.)

Would you rather have a sub .500 record and 4 rings or be like the Angels with a squeak over .500 and one ring?  

Based on my poll a few weeks ago, people here would rather have the rings than trout, so i assume they’d take the rings over the record.  

15 minutes ago, The Ghost of Bob Starr said:

Eric, it’s pretty safe to say Trout too will sign for the highest contract out there.  But he also could do it heading much closer to home.  

He could also stay with the Angels with a hometown discount that Ryan was agreeable to before Bavasi spoiled the deal by going to the press and insulting him. Eppler is not Bavasi, he will make an honest and fair deal to keep Mike Trout.

Projecting failure based on the past is your take, minr is the franchise is in better hands. I guess we have a couple years before we see the end result. 

7 minutes ago, The Ghost of Bob Starr said:

Strad.  Now we have a better lifetime record than the Tarpys.  But they have four rings, including two spans where they were seriously feared (early to mid 70s and late 80.)

Would you rather have a sub .500 record and 4 rings or be like the Angels with a squeak over .500 and one ring?  

Based on my poll a few weeks ago, people here would rather have the rings than trout, so i assume they’d take the rings over the record.  

I don’t want to derail this thread but I’d rather have four rings than one, but I’d rather have the Angels history than the Marlins history even with their two wins.  Then again I’m the one who said I’d rather have Trout finish his career here.  

2 hours ago, Stradling said:

I don’t want to derail this thread but I’d rather have four rings than one, but I’d rather have the Angels history than the Marlins history even with their two wins.  Then again I’m the one who said I’d rather have Trout finish his career here.  

Strad, I was right there with you.  I’d rather have trout for 10 more years and complain than win without him. 

This is probably the first time in 15 years I’ve been completely disconnected from them at the all star break. This team sucks, has bad luck, a bad manager, and can’t do anything right. And I don’t see how they can get any better for next year, honestly. 

Facking sick of bad baseball resulting in losses. Baseball has always been super important to me but lately it’s just depressing and frustrating 

51 minutes ago, The Ghost of Bob Starr said:

Strad, I was right there with you.  I’d rather have trout for 10 more years and complain than win without him. 

let me be the first to say that i don't care who's on the roster if it means we're winning a world series or two or three. if trading trout can guarantee a couple of WS championships, count me in.

10 minutes ago, TroutField said:

This is probably the first time in 15 years I’ve been completely disconnected from them at the all star break. This team sucks, has bad luck, a bad manager, and can’t do anything right. And I don’t see how they can get any better for next year, honestly. 

Facking sick of bad baseball resulting in losses. Baseball has always been super important to me but lately it’s just depressing and frustrating 

FYI, NFL training camps open this week.

Just read where Scoiscia is again speaking optimistically about the future of Valbuena with this club. If Scoiscia  has his contract renewed, I will not be too shocked to see  Valbuena  resigned and Fletcher sent packing with a few other prospects for an over 30 veteran or two.

I don't expect either Scoiscia or Valbuena back next year, but I still expect Fletcher to be gone soon.

After 51 years as a fan, I still need more evidence of an organizational shift in philosophy to think otherwise.

2 hours ago, Farmbuildingfan said:

Just read where Scoiscia is again speaking optimistically about the future of Valbuena with this club. If Scoiscia  has his contract renewed, I will not be too shocked to see  Valbuena  resigned and Fletcher sent packing with a few other prospects for an over 30 veteran or two.

I don't expect either Scoiscia or Valbuena back next year, but I still expect Fletcher to be gone soon.

After 51 years as a fan, I still need more evidence of an organizational shift in philosophy to think otherwise.

If Scioscia and Valnobuena both return, it's a wrap on future contention seasons. 

4 hours ago, Farmbuildingfan said:

i don't know if there's a prize for most pessimistic post, but if there is, i have to think you've taken the lead.