• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

Comic Books

I’m currently trying to minimize my large collection of crap.  

I’ve got boxes upon boxes of valueless late 80’s Topps/Donruss baseball Cards which I still don’t know whether to throw away, sell on CL bulk for like $50 or burn as fuel at a campfire.  I mean, seriously, what’s a 1986 Johnny Wockenfuss worth? 2¢?

Amongst those space draining baseball card boxes is one long box of comic books.  As most 12 year olds I had some nerdy tendencies, comics and launching model rockets amongst them.  

I remember Beckett was like the Blue Book of baseball cards and assume it still is. But is there a Beckett or Blue Book for comics?  I’ve searched a bit and haven’t figured it out.

Since you guys are nerds mostly, I’m assuming like 80% of you know the answer?  I’d like to sell my collection of mostly Amazing Spider-Man, Web of Spider-Man, PPT Spectacular Spider-Man, some Iron Mans and some Avengers comics.  I’m thinking of putting them on Craigslist and telling some nerd they gotta buy the bulk but I’ll sell them at 50% listed value.   But where do I find that listed value?

I appreciate your input.  If your mom comes downstairs and you get yelled at because it’s too late and you’re responding, sorry, and again, I do appreciate your help.  

All I know about comic books I learned from Lost Boys.

"You can't put the Superman no. 77 with the 200s. They haven't even discovered red kryptonite yet.

And you can't put the no. 98 with the 300s. Lori Lemaris hasn't even been introduced."

Plus how serious Batman #14 is - only four in existence, and Sam is always looking out for the other three.

There’s like 50 guys reading this thread and debating whether to out themselves to get their hands on some high quality Todd Macfarlane Spider-Man’s or to wallow in their nerd shame.

7 hours ago, calscuf said:

There’s like 50 guys reading this thread and debating whether to out themselves to get their hands on some high quality Todd Macfarlane Spider-Man’s or to wallow in their nerd shame.

So is this what fan fests are really like?

21 hours ago, calscuf said:

cals, i'm gonna help you out on this.

*ATTENTION EVERYONE*

as an added enticement to help cals find the answer to his question about comic book values and how to find them, i'd like to sweeten the pot by offering a 4 pack of prime trader joe's pumpkin beer (finely aged in my pantry since last fall) to the first one of you that can satisfactorily give him the help he desires.

since there's likely to be pretty hot action to get in on this, we'll go by time stamps here on your posts. good luck, and may the best man win.

Unknown.jpeg

We’ve kind of talked about this a bit, but don’t think there was ever an answer. I want to watch this thread. I have a storage unit with a shitload of Tupperware bins with sports cards from the early 90’s, all the main sports.

Im guessing they aren’t worth shit and I should just put them up for free on Craigslist to some hoarder?