• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Would you trade Jo Adell for Noah Syndergaard?

Chuck

Trade Proposal  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Would you trade Jo Adell for Noah Syndergaard?

• Yes
    • No

Just now, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

Not the point I was making. Just because deGrom is 30 is in no way a reason he won't be a quality Cy Young candidate type pitcher for the duration of his contract.

Which is fine, but the duration of his contract is three years.   Then a free agent at 33, right around the time pitchers decline or break down.  

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

Which is fine, but the duration of his contract is three years.   Then a free agent at 33, right around the time pitchers decline or break down.  

2 more after this year, he's a FA in 2021. So we would have him 2019 & 2020. I would rather trade 2 or 3 lesser prospects anyway.

30 minutes ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

Meyer?

Personally, I still see Meyer as another Andrew Miller. Tall dude, not sure of where his pitches are going, very little success as a starter. 

But with his stuff, I can see him being the type of reliever Miller is--come in and put out fires and hold leads.

Same initials...too many similarities.

It would be pretty much unprecedented, but, why the eff not...what would it take to get both? Or even one of Matz/Wheeler instead?
Could the Halos eat some massive amount of money such as (not counting remaining '18 $$$ owed) Wright's remaining ~$27m, Bruce's ~$28m, or Cespedes' ~$60m?
Frazier is due $9m, Vargas $9m, and Swarzak $8.5m next year as well.

Adell, Marsh, Jones, one of Canning/Suarez, and/or one of Heaney/Skaggs, for Syndergaard, deGrom, and Wright's $35m remaining?

Obviously it'd be a massive hit to the farm, but it'd be a hell of a Hail Mary for the rotation for '19. 

deGrom, Syndergaard, Skaggs, Ohtani, Heaney, Barria....

(Just so you know I think it's nuts. Just wanted to throw something new into the mix. To address the rotation I think I'd rather nab Jose Urena on the cheap for a couple decent prospects, or turn two of our relievers into another Jaime Barria-type prospect from Atlanta or Philly and kick tires on Corbin this winter.)

To improve their chances next year the Angels need to do something to bring in ML proven talent.  That doesn't mean you gut the farm or make a trade just to make a trade but  for deGrom or Syndergaard I'd take that chance for the right package.  That said it sounds like the asking price is quite high as of right now  https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/mlb-trade-rumors-roundup-mets-unlikely-to-deal-aces-phillies-eye-relievers-indians-nab-hand/

3 hours ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

Meyer?

Probably for the best for not only him but for the team to move him to the pen full time once he returns. He's battled shoulder injuries for most of his career up to this point and still doesn't really have a reliable 3rd pitch. He can be a pretty devastating reliever with his FB/curve alone

1 hour ago, bloodbrother said:

Syndergaard missed most of last season with an injury too.He's a stud but I wouldn't trade Adell for him

This is the shit I’m talking about.  Snydergaard is as bright a talent as there is pitching wise in MLB.  It still doesn’t make sense to me to trade an everyday player for a pitcher.  It just doesn’t.  The risks are just so significant.  Particularly if you’re talking about a top prospect like Adell.  

Maybe if you’re stacked with talent like the Padres or the Braves or White Sox and can spare a prospect it’s something to consider.  The Angels are not stacked. We can’t afford to trade off 2 or 3 or more top 10 prospects for a pitcher that impacts the team once every 5 games and who stands a significant chance of experiencing significant time out due to injury.  We just don’t have the organizational depth for this stuff. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

20 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

This is the shit I’m talking about.  Snydergaard is as bright a talent as there is pitching wise in MLB.  It still doesn’t make sense to me to trade an everyday player for a pitcher.  It just doesn’t.  The risks are just so significant.  Particularly if you’re talking about a top prospect like Adell.  

Maybe if you’re stacked with talent like the Padres or the Braves or White Sox and can spare a prospect it’s something to consider.  The Angels are not stacked. We can’t afford to trade off 2 or 3 or more top 10 prospects for a pitcher that impacts the team once every 5 games and who stands a significant chance of experiencing significant time out due to injury.  We just don’t have the organizational depth for this stuff. 

I would like to change my vote to no...

thank you