• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Would you trade Jo Adell for Noah Syndergaard?

Chuck

Trade Proposal  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Would you trade Jo Adell for Noah Syndergaard?

• Yes
    • No

The Mets would assuredly require more than just Adell.  Syndergaard has 3 full seasons left of control and has established himself as one of the best pitchers in baseball when healthy.

I would personally NOT trade Adell for him, because in terms of our timeline, we "aren't there yet."  I feel our timeline is coming, and I want to build towards that.  Trading Adell would be significantly mortgaging our future for the present, and I'd rather build a juggernaut.  

That said, if we were a strong team right now, in the thick of a race and pretty much a slam dunk playoff team?  Then yes, I would make the trade, because Syndergaard is a guy who absolutely transforms your playoff odds.  

7 minutes ago, Warfarin said:

The Mets would assuredly require more than just Adell.  Syndergaard has 3 full seasons left of control and has established himself as one of the best pitchers in baseball when healthy.

I would personally NOT trade Adell for him, because in terms of our timeline, we "aren't there yet."  I feel our timeline is coming, and I want to build towards that.  Trading Adell would be significantly mortgaging our future for the present, and I'd rather build a juggernaut.  

That said, if we were a strong team right now, in the thick of a race and pretty much a slam dunk playoff team?  Then yes, I would make the trade, because Syndergaard is a guy who absolutely transforms your playoff odds.  

There's no guarantee Adell will pan out. Plus the Angels can't afford to keep wasting Trout's prime.

You know who I would have traded Adell for if he was still out there ? 

Christian Yellich.  

And I am aware that Adell has a potentially higher ceiling, but Yellich is awesome and he’s doing it in the majors right now.  Bird in hand and all that. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

6 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

You know who I would have traded Adell for if he was still out there ? 

Christian Yellich.  

And I am aware that Adell has a potentially higher ceiling, but Yellich is awesome and he’s doing it in the majors right now.  Bird in hand and all that. 

Yellich is such a good player, he does everything well.His contract is not bad either,too bad that ship has sailed.

52 minutes ago, mancini79 said:

In today's World Series, a team needs at least 1 shut down Ace. Angels don't have that now or on the farm. So either risk spending money or trade prospects. 

I've seen more top prospects burn out than 25 year old aces fizzle. I side with proven ML talent over potential talent. I'm not sold 1 for 1 would be enough though.

A healthy Shohei Ohtani says, "Sup."

I think this a great question. I would consider doing it. But i would have a hard time falling through with it. I would give up a package of Jones, Suarez, Canning, and Ward for sure. That would be essentially 3 top 100 prospects and another top 150 prospect. But if i were to give up adell, I would not want to give up any of our other top 12 prospects ( and i think we would have to). But at the same time, Thor is the type of pitcher who transforms a team. I think our offense will start clicking more in the second half. I think thor would be good enough to get us back in the race (as Seattle is bound to fall back down to earth, and I think we can take the A's).

11 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Rotation in 2019:

Syndergaard, Ohtani, Skaggs, Heaney, Barria, Suarez, Pena, Tropeano, Shoemaker, JC Ramirez.

Damn.  Then do the rehab deal with Richards...  As long as we keep Adell I’d do it.  Plus sign a hitter and one bullpen piece.  F-it, do it for Mikey.

I'm normally in the School of Stoneman--that is, one to overvalue prospects--but in this case, yes, absolutely. As great as Adell could be, Syndergaard is already, and still quite young. Furthermore, the Angels have far more depth in the outfield than they do in starting pitching. The Angels have no one even close to Syndergaard's talent in the minors.

7 hours ago, Kevinb said:

No I would trade Adell for offense though. I’m tired of watching Trout and Simmons and nothing else on this team with any semblance of a bat. I want this team to score runs and score them consistently. 

I am not sure which offensive player I’d trade him for but the list isn’t very long.   One of the reasons it isn’t very long is there just aren’t a lot of big bats I see being moved any time soon.  If Colorado this off season decided to move Arrenado, I might trade Adell for him.